Help- How do I cancel my Equifax account?

Options

Comments

• luellaaa
    luellaaa Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    I called the 0800 121 4752 number, got a very polite lady but with a very annoying learned american accent, can only assume she is foreign, as she had trouble understanding a lot of what i said. Bless her though, she did try to sell me everything, including the extra 20 odd days left on my trial! She cancelled it straight away though and was only on the phone for 5 minutes.
  • drliz
    drliz Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi all,

My parents tried to get my mom her own card at john lewis -she was turned down (no rating as always joint with Dad)

And in the last few months a charge from Equifax has appeared -£14.95 on their card.

My Dad swears he didn't sign up for the free first month deal (the amount matches) and that John lewis created the account.

They are going to try to call them tomorrow. I don't know how they'll get on... :-/
  • Palookaville
    Options
    What a nightmare to cancel.
    It's ridiculous. I just had to keep saying I didn't require it anymore and I didn't want it.
    I can see how very easy they can catch you out, if I hadn't read this thread first no doubt I'd be paying somehow for something.
    Shame on a company like Equifax to do this.
  • DreamerV
    DreamerV Posts: 823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I phoned an 0800 number that I found somewhere on moneysavingexpert, but I can't remember where on here (possibly the same as the one above, possible not). I did a search for it and found it last time. I got through to their American centre, and they cancelled immediately (after trying to sell me stuff to which I replied no thanks). You can dial 0800 numbers free from mobiles using that 0800 buster (I think it's called something like that), details of which can also be found on moneysavingexpert.
  • matthew_maude
    Options
    Not sure if it'll work but I found this email address

[EMAIL="customer.care@equifax.com"]customer.care@equifax.com[/EMAIL]
  • TherealMandM
    Options
    I have used the free trial twice and on both occasions all I had to do to cancel was 1 message through the support section. The last time I did this was only a week ago.
    I kept seeing this thread pop up and wondered what was so difficult.
  • philtw
    philtw Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 1 September 2013 at 5:06PM
    Options
    Help !!

I live and work abroad and set up a request to obtain a credit report, I am now being charged £9.99 per month and have no way to cancel it.

The telephone numbers are 0800 numbers and do not work abroad and they do not provide an email address......

can this be cancelled via a letter to their address ?

any other information or help would be great.......
  • philtw wrote: »
    Help !!

I live and work abroad and set up a request to obtain a credit report, I am now being charged £9.99 per month and have no way to cancel it.

The telephone numbers are 0800 numbers and do not work abroad and they do not provide an email address......

Use skype to call the 0800 number?
  • slopemaster
    slopemaster Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2013 at 12:33PM
    Options
    I'm abroad and just managed to cancel OK
    Phone +441767 482614 option2
    Got straight through to a person after a short wait; she cancelled with no quibbles at all.

(That annoying and hard-to-understand accent though! Where on earth is their call centre?)
  • TherealMandM
    Options
    philtw wrote: »
    Help !!

go to the support page, open a secure message, go to the option with a question about account/report, put your recent report reference in, add a message you want to cancel.
    wait upto 48hours for a email saying its been cancelled.
    I have done it twice no probs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport