Help- How do I cancel my Equifax account?

Options

Comments

• bownyboy
    bownyboy Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ditto. Called the freephone number, took 30seconds to cancel (after waiting 4 minutes).

No hard sell, just a couple of questions on why I wanted to cancel and was everything ok with the report.
    early retirement wannabe
  • LoveaDove
    LoveaDove Posts: 491 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello,

I have phoned up both experi@n and equif@x today to cancel my free subscriptions. Ex seemed to be straight forward, very friendly and confirmation email through straight away to say that subscription had been cancelled and that I would not be charged.

Had a bit more of a hard sell for EQ, but continued to politely decline. I was told I would receive a confirmation email also from EQ but an hour and a half later I still have not received one. Does anyone know how quickly EQ send a confirmation email? Only querying because of how quickly I heard back from Experi@n. I haven't got a landline so not keen to phone them up again to check and can not find a customer services email on their site.
    :coffee:
    *Do More of What Makes You Happy*
  • LoveaDove
    LoveaDove Posts: 491 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Still no confirmation so followed another posters advice to go to the support section, but was unable to login. Stated that either my login details were incorrect or my account was disabled. So I will assume this means it is disabled and my subscription cancelled. I am wondering if they didn't send me the confirmation email as I further declined the free 12 month trial for alerts, which they automatically set up for you when you cancel the free trial, where you have to pay £2.99 a month after.
    :coffee:
    *Do More of What Makes You Happy*
  • ncrawley
    ncrawley Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up for the free trial on 12 Jan, have spent 20 mins on the phone this morning trying to get it cancelled, got the usual we will half the price etc and do you want the 2.99 a month watch thing, said I'm not interested and the guy said it was now cancelled and I would receive an e-mail in 10 mins or so.

Have just got an e-mail but it isn't saying it's cancelled, it's basically saying I will be notified if any changes have been made i.e it looks like he has signed me up for it when I categorically declined!!

Also, I didn't realise that the Credit Score trial and Credit Report trial are separate things! I have logged onto my account and the Credit score option is now disabled and says I can order it for 14.99 BUT the Credit Score option is still saying I can order it free and after 30 days I will be charged 9.99 p/m, so my trial hasn't actually been cancelled??

What the hell is wrong with this company, so I now have to call them up again!!!
  • ncrawley
    ncrawley Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    Further to the above it would appear I was wrong, I have clicked the links and it is asking me for payment details again so I think it has actually been cancelled!
  • rwilliams1980
    Options
    How do I cancel, amend or upgrade my Equifax subscription?
    I need to change my subscription.

The safety of your personal information is our number one priority. With this in mind, it's important for us to verify your details over the phone if you need to cancel, amend or upgrade your subscription.

If you wish to cancel you can do so through by contacting our customer care team, by phone.

You can reach our customer services team on 0844 335 0550, choosing option 3, between the hours of 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday.

Please Note
    If you cancel your Equifax Credit Report™ we may not be able to answer any outstanding questions you might have.
  • JanH64
    Options
    I signed up for the free trial as I wanted my full credit history. This should give me a better idea of who I've had credit with and when. I've moved about and changed circumstances in the last 2 years so a lot of my paperwork is missing.

I got the credit score thing in nice pretty colours but it only goes back the last 3 addresses. I asked them how to get the full report and they said I had to send some documents away or something and sent me a link.

I really have tried to follow this link but I have no idea what I'm asking for. This morning I tried again and even though I know I didn't complete or confirm anything I received an email from them confirming my payment of £2.00 and telling me to look at my account online.

I logged on to my EQ account but I can't see any difference or anything new. I went on to the submit a question website and asked them to tell me what I've requested and how to get the full paper report.

In the meantime, I swear I'm really not stupid but I can't work out how to get my full credit history. Can someone please tell me what it's called then I know what I'm asking for? If you know how the heck I can get it, I'd be most grateful too.

Thanks
    J
  • Dubito_ergo_sum
    Options
    Hi

I have called both experian and equifax yesterday to cancel my subscriptions - 30 days free trials. Experian was a doddle, had confirmation email within a few minutes.

Equifax i had to use their 08443350550 option 3, one of their guys confirmed they have cancelled it and i would receive a confirmation email in a few minutes, they offered 6 months free identity watch, and i agreed as i was calling from mobile as no landline and by that point i was already 10mins on the phone with all their security questions.

24h later i still havent received any email from them to say my 30 day trial has been cancelled and id rather not spend yet another few quid to call them from my mobile, so i logged on to my equifax account to see if there are any clues if it has been canceled.

If i go to my account, my products, order history, i can see:
    19/02/14 - FREE Equifax Credit Report™ / Cancelled for Exchange renewal date 28/2/14
    19/02/14 - Equifax Identity Watch™ Lite Free Trial / Complete
    renewal date 19/2/2015

in available products i have:
    You are currently subscribing to Equifax Identity Watch™ Lite Free Trial monthly for FREE, this product comes with: Credit Report You have access to Credit Reports
    Credit Score You have access to Equifax Credit Score™ at the special price of £6.95
    Web Detect You have access to Equifax WebDetect™ at the special price of £1.99/mth

Those of you who successfully cancelled the 30 days trial but accepted their 6 months free identity trial, is this what you can see on your account ?

Im just trying to make double sure that i wont start seeing £14.99 direct debits going to equifax starting 28/2/14 when they say my credit report is up for renewal - in red above.

Thanks a lot
    Never trust any stats you didn't fudge yourself ;o)

Personality profile: I.N.T.J.
  • kelfringe
    kelfringe Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I too have noticed £2.99 taken from my bank account twice over the last week!! Im disgusted that they are doing this as I cancelled my account about 8 months ago. Just phoned their cust services and got so fed up I put the phone down and spoke to my bank account who are blocking and refunding.

They need to be challenged about this AND their website is rubbish!

Fuming is the polite way about how I feel !!!:mad:
    Slowly but surely we are getting there??!!
    3 refunds & 1 loan finished! 1 PPI waiting, Car finished! loan/school/no childcare£ (-1.5 years & counting!!)....
    Im doing as many competitions as poss! Try & keep positive & If you dont ask, you dont get! :( :idea:
  • TakeTheTime
    TakeTheTime Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 March 2014 at 4:32PM
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm currently within the Equifax 30 day free trial period and rang 0800 1214752 to cancel my membership. As it's a Sunday afternoon I wasn't expecting to get through but got straight through to a real person without having to go through those 'Press 1 for ...', etc.

To prove who I was I had to give my credit reference number along with name, address, etc. but the guy was polite and helpful. He tried to offer a half-price deal and then a 6 months free deal but when I said no to both he accepted it without giving me any hassle. He said that I'd get an email confirming the cancellation within 5-10 minutes.

The call only took 4 minutes and the cancellation email arrived within 5 minutes. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure