Save Zillions On Cleaning Products

edited 19 November 2020 at 10:09AM in Old Style MoneySaving
599 replies 436.7K views

Replies

• Sorry Blanche do you mean inside the oven or on the hob? I've only ever tried it on the metal inside the oven as it is quite aggressive. Would presume that it should work on anything as long as there's no wires etc. submerged, but don't want to guarantee that! ;D
    Three years, six months, three weeks, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds. 26011 cigarettes not smoked, saving $11,704.80. Life saved: 12 weeks, 6 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes.
  • 1601199616011996 Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    (used it on my glass oven door when i realised i couldnt see through it, filthy slovenly mare that i am   )

Really laughed at that, that's the way I talk to myself, sometimes works, more often doesn't ;D ;D

i do this too. but wasn't going to admit it. ;);)
  • So .....

Has anyone experienced the explosive cleaning power of baby wipes?

The Tesco Value range of baby wipes are cheap and great at removing pretty much everything from dried coffee stains to nicotine off a computer monitor and dirt on computer keyboards. We use them at work and they are marvellous. They have quiet a nice smell as well.

And to think, you wipe a baby's backside with these things aswell!

Explosive Cleaning Power!
  • needmoneyneedmoney Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will have to try baby wipes then my keyboard is filthy and it's probably a miracle I can see the monitor for nicotine, my daughter says they're great too but she'll only buy the top brands I'll have the cheapies ;D
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

8.3K Posts
    they are great for the inside of your car too, i have a tub in there, and clean my dashboard etc when stuck in traffic, or going through the car wash.
  • walkswalks Forumite
    411 Posts
    :D hi everyone quite agree brill site. got 5ltr white vingar from makro today for £3.45 plus vat ;) could anyone tell me how to get bathroom tiles realy clean moved into a house where i dont think they new how to clean anything, did see the tip about using car wax after any ideas please fingers x ::) :D
    Every cloud has a silver lining:j
  • Where's the best (and cheapest) place to buy baking soda in large quantities?

My supermarket just sells those poxy little tubs...

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
    8.3K Posts
    whats the best thing to cleann it with. a friend is moving house this weekend and the bassister is gloss white paint, but filthy. any ideas appreciated.
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sugar soap
    8.3K Posts
    ;D thanks, knew it'd be something simple.