Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• Ozzysmate
    Ozzysmate Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 March 2011 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Received from Flogas today, by email. Not as dated, Monday but still good notice period by their usual standards.

Puts me at 73ppl if I stayed. :eek:

Extra Fuel have a March price of 49.72ppl posted on their site.

28th February 2011

Dear Customer,

Due to significantly higher LPG commodity prices coupled with oil price increases, we have no alternative but to increase your price by 8 pence per litre on all deliveries and orders made or received from 1st April.

In order to ensure we can accommodate all customers wishing to benefit from a pre-increase delivery, we need you to place any order on 08705 329 580 (option 1 followed by option1) no later than 1pm on Saturday 12th March. Any order not received by 1pm may not be deliverable before 1st April and therefore subject to your new price.

We do understand the difficulties price increases cause our customers and hope you will consider the opportunity to benefit from this early notification.

Yours sincerely,

Lee Gannon
    Sales and Marketing Director
  • GrandadRob
    GrandadRob Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Can only think that Flogas have pressed the self destruct button.
  • howarddiana
    Options
    I've just had the E-mail from Flogas too! 8p a litre increase. I do so dislike this company but am worried about moving supplier. Extrafuel may be the answer as at least they have a fairer way of regulating their prices. We use around 4,500 litres a year so it's a big hike for us.
  • Ozzysmate
    Options
    I've just had the E-mail from Flogas too! 8p a litre increase. I do so dislike this company but am worried about moving supplier. Extrafuel may be the answer as at least they have a fairer way of regulating their prices. We use around 4,500 litres a year so it's a big hike for us.

Well today's 8ppl rise, coupled with the 7ppl of six weeks ago has just cost you an extra £675/annum.

I wonder whether Flogas' Mission Statement has 'fuel poverty for all' amongst its aims.
  • HateLPG
    HateLPG Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ozzysmate wrote: »

Due to significantly higher LPG commodity prices coupled with oil price increases, we have no alternative but to increase your price by 8 pence per litre on all deliveries and orders made or received from 1st April.

This hot on the heels of January's 7ppl rise.

That is, to my mind, simply criminal - and I'm not saying that euphemistically.

And what exactly do "oil price increases" have to do with either the price of LPG or the price of fish, when they have already claimed that LPG commodity prices are higher? That is just a smoke-and-mirrors statement to try to make people believe the rise is justified (we all know petrol prices are soaring - so what?), but where is the evidence or proof of any significant or related change in LPG commodity price to justify this scale of increase?

Will they next be claiming that LPG prices have to rise because George Osborne stuck 2p extra duty on a pint of beer in the budget?

There is a very serious point here. I have seen the Flogas contract. I believe it is almost certainly unfair in legal terms (the only reason I won't say definitely is because I am not a lawyer), and Flogas are exploiting this and consumer ignorance unscrupulously.

My suggestion to Ozzysmate and anyone else in this boat would be immediately to request, given the magnitude and cynical timing of this rise (Flogas knew the enquiry closed to submissions on Monday - indeed, from what Ozzysmate said, it sounds like the email was drafted on Monday and then sent out later), that the OFT accept an emergency late submission to their off-mains enquiry.

After that, I would suggest contacting Consumer Direct to make a formal complaint and see what action they can take to mitigate the price rise - I actually suspect they might be able to offer some good advice and help here, but perseverance may be required to get to the right person! Finally, I would send some pretty stiff letters to my MP to Charles Hendry, drawing their attention to this, frankly blatant, profiteering.

Just my 2p-worth, for what it's worth!
  • x-x_2
    x-x_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options

I moved from Flogas to Shell over a year ago at 33p/l and it has gone up over the year to 49p/l. The people from Shell were extremely friendly and I do not regret making the move. Shell are definitely worth giving a try, I was very surprised to find a big company like Shell offering me the best deal.

Don't stay with Flogas
  • Ozzysmate
    Options
    x-x wrote: »
    I moved from Flogas to Shell over a year ago at 33p/l and it has gone up over the year to 49p/l. The people from Shell were extremely friendly and I do not regret making the move. Shell are definitely worth giving a try, I was very surprised to find a big company like Shell offering me the best deal.

Don't stay with Flogas

That's reassuring to hear :)

Was there a 'price cap' per 6 months agreed when you signed up?
  • DAVID.T_3
    DAVID.T_3 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Ozzysmate wrote: »
    Received from Flogas today, by email. Not as dated, Monday but still good notice period by their usual standards.

Puts me at 73ppl if I stayed. :eek:

Extra Fuel have a March price of 49.72ppl posted on their site.

28th February 2011

Dear Customer,

In order to ensure we can accommodate all customers wishing to benefit from a pre-increase delivery, we need you to place any order on 08705 329 580 (option 1 followed by option1) no later than 1pm on Saturday 12th March. Any order not received by 1pm may not be deliverable before 1st April and therefore subject to your new price.

We do understand the difficulties price increases cause our customers and hope you will consider the opportunity to benefit from this early notification.

Yours sincerely,

Lee Gannon
    Sales and Marketing Director

let me translate this;

Due to it being the financial year end for us in march, and as we needs lots more money to pay for all the competitors we have bought out. We are increasing your price again by 8 pence per ltr. This means you will all phone us to place an order before the increase, giving us a very good march to improve our figures. This will also leave you with a full tank so we hope that because of this you won't bother looking to swap suppler until later in the year by which time we hope you will have forgotten the increase. :rotfl:

But still people re-sign with them!!!!
  • DAVID.T_3
    Options

Why are you worried, what price are you currently paying flogas with the latest increase?
  • DAVID.T_3
    Options
    x-x wrote: »

Don't stay with Flogas

Your price increased by 48% in 12 months and you feel they gave you a good deal?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback