Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    155695 wrote: »
    My 2 year deal with Avanti Gas expired last September and I was immediately hit with a 13% increase to 43ppl. I phoned them and wrote them a lengthy letter of complaint citing some example prices from this forum.

They refused to budge and I made my views known, including stating they had a very peculiar customer retention strategy. I told them I would be changing from them when my contract expires this coming May, even if I had to pay double their price to another provider - and I meant it.

Sorry, confused dot com .... when did your contract expire?
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bobmac62 wrote: »
    January 2017 LPG pricing from Woldlink advised at 27.59ppp + 5% VAT. An increase of 1.64ppl from December 2016.

? According to Woldlink, their price is fixed. I quote: "The price of bulk LPG is based on a 6 monthly fixed price that will be reviewed and re fixed for the 1st October and 1st April each year. If you join part way through the six month period you will be fixed to the end of that period, not for six months from the date you join."

I paid 27.85p/l for an order last October, and also for an order this week ..
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • mcmullank
    Options
    JerryW wrote: »
    ? According to Woldlink, their price is fixed. I quote: "The price of bulk LPG is based on a 6 monthly fixed price that will be reviewed and re fixed for the 1st October and 1st April each year. If you join part way through the six month period you will be fixed to the end of that period, not for six months from the date you join."

I paid 27.85p/l for an order last October, and also for an order this week ..

Originally the contracts were for monthly variable pricing. After they received far greater take-up than they were expecting, Flogas asked them to stop taking on domestic customers. This original variable price was then changed to a six-month fix and Woldlink resumed their acceptance of domestic customers.
  • Essexuser
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    Sorry, confused dot com .... when did your contract expire?

Apologies, what I should have said was that the fixed price part of my contract expired last September. The actual contract expires this coming May.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    155695 wrote: »
    In my view they are just a bunch of rip off merchants.
    I don't think Avanti have an exclusivity in this part of the LPG business!
    :rotfl:

Essexuser wrote: »
    Apologies, what I should have said was that the fixed price part of my contract expired last September. The actual contract expires this coming May.

I see ... but I'm now confused again ... do you have two different user names? :)
    155695 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    I don't think Avanti have an exclusivity in this part of the LPG business!
    :rotfl:

I see ... but I'm now confused again ... do you have two different user names? :)

So it would appear but I can't remember how it happened.
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mcmullank wrote: »
    Originally the contracts were for monthly variable pricing. After they received far greater take-up than they were expecting, Flogas asked them to stop taking on domestic customers. This original variable price was then changed to a six-month fix and Woldlink resumed their acceptance of domestic customers.

Ah, OK .. I remember they were not taking new customers for a while. And you are saying they have continued their monthly pricing, for those who had it originally? I would be interested to know, if the monthly price shoots up! Interesting that in December at least, it was almost 10% less than the six month price..
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • mcmullank
    Options
    JerryW wrote: »
    Ah, OK .. I remember they were not taking new customers for a while. And you are saying they have continued their monthly pricing, for those who had it originally? I would be interested to know, if the monthly price shoots up! Interesting that in December at least, it was almost 10% less than the six month price..

Yes, those that signed the original monthly deal and are still within the contract term will still be on the monthly pricing. As probably the last person to get this deal, I will still be on the monthly price until July.

I have previously been asked by Woldlink not to publish the monthly price as it was causing confusion for those that were not already on the monthly variable pricing and I have respected this request. However, I am sure that the price will be on here again next month. :grin:
  • W_Le_Breton
    Options
    Hi, haven't been here for a year and things have changed a bit. There used to be a very useful monthly chart/graph that some kind person kept and posted. A quick trawl through Jan and Dec postings has not found it? Any idea where I might find it?

Thanks WLB
  • W_Le_Breton
    Options
    Answering my own question: Just found HateLPG's last (I think) Chart Update from 17th Nov 2016

Thanks so much for this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure