edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 304.7K views

Replies

• chocolateteddychocolateteddy Forumite
    504 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Quick question.
    Do I need the milk powder in the iced buns?
    Can I replace it with milk?
    Thanks in advance x

I never used milk in mine as I used recipe for the apple braid for the iced buns the kids love them

I will try and find link for it

Here we go
    It is on recipe list page 1 under D&DD's apple braid
    I just made dough in BM then rolled out using extra flour (really sticky) and baked 180 for about 15 mins
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=6581005#post6581005
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• angelnikkiangelnikki Forumite
    892 posts
    chocolateteddy the link for the apple braid is on the recipe index on the first page of this thread ;) or click here: D&DD’s Apple Braid
    There is milk in the recipe though:confused:

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    Thanks Denise I know who he is now but please please can you tell me how you got the picture on

I have been trying to put one on all day without any luck

Hi Honey, I just read all the other posts after the one I answered and now realise you know who he is - should do that first really although I don't mind a pic of him on here if no-one else does :D

You add photos by clicking on the picture icon which is the yellow box with what looks like mountains and a sun above, then add the webpage (the one you put on your post) in the box, and the pic appears... Hope that helps...

SFT Bones is on sky one and is great, basically only watch it for david, but it is good - he also used to be in Buffy and Angel...

Sorry, bit off track then, all coz of another post earlier...OK, back on track now......

Went to tesco today for ham, cheese, coffee, soap and eggs - also brought bacon for hubby for breakfast tomorrow and a piping set for £1 - Came to £14.29 :eek: ridiculous for that small amount, and we brought value bacon & eggs, tesco soap, cheese & coffee and £2 for a big batch of ham... was talking to hubby on way home saying how much it would have been if it was kenco, proper ham and bacon, etc... doesn't bare thinking about, getting a bit scary to go shopping now eh!
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • busy_mum_4busy_mum_4 Forumite
    110 posts
    Oh forgot to say I was proud of myself recently I experimented with my slow cooker and added 5 chicken breasts, half litre cold beef gravy stock, onion and chopped garlic and it came out lovely. Did it at lunch time along with pepping some baked potatoes my OH put in an hour before I got home. It was so nice to come home to a ready cooked meal. I was too hungry to even bother with veg though:o .

Something so simple I had never been brave to try before.

Thanks Nikki thats a great idea.

Last weekend I was really busy all day Saturday helping at the school fayre, so before I went i put on the slow cooker with mince, onions, carrots potatoes swede, and I also had some cabbage that needed using and I knew that when I got home I would not want to be bothered with cooking cabbage so I threw it in the slow cooker with everything else, not expecting it to be very nice but do you know what, it was lovely. Don't know what i'd do without a slow coker, love one pot meals.:T
    :hello: JULY G/C £50 WEEK

WEEK 1 = £69.50 :eek:

WEEK 2 = £60.83:eek:
    Week 3 :mad: £72.05 :mad:
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    angelnikki wrote: »
    to post a pic click on the button that looks like this 2646549613_4693294634_o.jpg then when the box pops up that says enter the url of your image, paste in the url/link

but please dont post pics that are too big as lots of people dont have broadband and struggle opening the thread if its full of images.

pink princess I agree with you - you dont get sent to a speed awareness thing unless you've been caught a few times do you? I'm glad it made you think about it denise

(((Hugs))) mandy_moo_1 :grouphug:

Nikki
    x

I have tried that but if the pictures dont have a url what then

I am off to bed now will try it again tomorrow but if thats how then I cant do it will stick with the links
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• angelnikkiangelnikki Forumite
    892 posts
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    I have tried that but if the pictures dont have a url what then

I am off to bed now will try it again tomorrow but if thats how then I cant do it will stick with the links

the link that you posted is the url

paste this: http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/KAAT_LADY/garden/Image070.jpg into the box that pops up

edit: deleted pic cos its way too big to be posted on this thread anyway
    :A
  • chocolateteddychocolateteddy Forumite
    504 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    angelnikki wrote: »
    chocolateteddy the link for the apple braid is on the recipe index on the first page of this thread ;) or click here: D&DD’s Apple Braid
    There is milk in the recipe though:confused:

Nikki
    x

Thanks Nikki
    I think I'm going mad :o yes I did make it with milk I think probably was thinking that I didn't used powered milk:rolleyes: like the other recipe said I'll go and crawl back into my bed!!!!! Might even remember to update signature with this week's spends if I round up all the receipts. Got an excuse though we are decorating the house is completely upside down, can't find a thing:rotfl:
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I m sorry to say you have offended me ,your belittling your punishment for a crime that kills and a crime that left my mum with a broken back and neck for the last 13 years .Im guessing your quite young because your immaturity shines through on this subject.I read every single post on this thread though i don t post to often.

Pink Princess I would just like to apologise, as I would never want to offend anyone, especially as you have been through a most horrendous experience.

I am sorry to say that I was caught speeding through the limehouse link tunnel following traffic at 35mph. The reason I was offered the course is because I have never been caught before because it is not something I do and this was a genuine mistake. I am not young, I am 45yrs old and have been driving since I was 18, so should have known better.

I am not making light of the punishment, but to be fair it was made lighthearted by the person running it, even calling the speed cameras cash cows at one point. I also believe punishments in this country for various things are too light, be it speeding, knife crime or robbery - too much emphasis is put on fines and not enough on punishment, but that is another issue completly.

As you say, I was making light of this in my post, and I do apologise immensly for upsetting you. I hope you accept my apology, and I will not mention it again. Regards, Denise
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • fertyskidsfertyskids Forumite
    138 posts
    Hi everyone, sorry for not being on for a couple of days. our computer has been broken since wednesday.

i think im doing ok. the students have gone now, although hubby working stupid hours so still busy hered. ive had a few NSD days. will update in a mo.

thinking of you all. off to bed as i'm suffering from sleep deprivation. take care karen
  • lainzlainz Forumite
    400 posts
    Evening folks

Well I had an insight into the 'other world' (I was brought up a MSE child:D ) I went to help my mum with her cleaning job (its a holiday cottage so Saturday is turnaround day) and I went to get the rubbish - there had been 4 adults and a baby staying a week and there was 3 1/2 bin bags of rubbish :eek: , plus a box of recycle stuff. Amongst the rubbish was a carrier bag full of food, there were at least 3 ready meals unopened and some other stuff - didn't look too closely as didn't have gloves on - I was gobsmacked. What waste.

Well I couldn't resist a trip to Lidls this afternoon for stock up:o - in my defence I was down to my last 3 tins of tomatos :rotfl: (and 4 squares of chocolate :D ).

Also tonight I made my first ever jam - gooseberrys which I go out of my uncles garden when I went to see my nan for her birthday. I had no idea what to get her (she's 89 and fussy!) so I made her a victoria sponge and she was chuffed to bits with it, maybe I'll be a good granddaughter and make her cakes more often as she's not able to make them herself anymore and it's a bit beyond my uncle!

I've also loads of calabrese in the garden (summer broccolli) - so any recipe ideas appreciated!

Enough ramblings, must update sig - probably do that tomorrow now I can hear my bed calling me ....