PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

George Foreman - What do you cook?

Options
Helloo alll

My mum has just given me her George Foreman, Its quite a big one with a bun heater on the top. It does different temp.

BUT ive never used one before, anyone got any fancy ideas or just normal stuff of what to cook on it??? And how long and what temp!

Thank yoooooooooou

Trolly xx

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Helloo alll

My mum has just given me her George Foreman, Its quite a big one with a bun heater on the top. It does different temp.

BUT ive never used one before, anyone got any fancy ideas or just normal stuff of what to cook on it??? And how long and what temp!

Thank yoooooooooou

Trolly xx

Pretty much anything you would normally grill or fry can be foremaned!
    Steak, chicken ,burgers, bacon, sausage, onions,
    I also do my toasted sandwiches on there now mmmm scrummy.
    I only have the small one for singles like me but I bet someone on here will have the instruction book for yours
  • lush_walrus
    Options
    I cook chicken, fish and veg on there.
  • barnyblue
    Options
    HI

You can do pretty much anything that you would normally grill. I find that if you're doing steak/pork steaks.etc. it needs to be about 1/2" thick or it soon dries out. Also if you can marinade things like turkey steaks/chicken breasts it also stops them from drying out too much.
    A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent,
    the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.
  • GoingToOz
    Options
    Cheese and onion toasties...........Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....................
    Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda....................
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    GoingToOz wrote:
    Cheese and onion toasties...........Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

and tuna melt mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    Must admit I bought my George Foreman as an impulse buy in the sales and have never used it. It just seems easier to use a griddle pan on the hob (which can then be wiped with a bit of kitchen towel and chucked in the dishwasher). Never thought of using it for toasties though, might have to dig it out, dust it off and give it a go.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    Toasties work so well on this.

I use mine for meat, fish, veggies anything really that you would fry or grill.
  • Str4berr3
    Options
    Hey! Got this great and yet simple recipe I always use for the George Foreman:

Stuff whole Rainbow Trout with Rosemary, Herb - butter,salt and pepper and Slices of Lemons,
    And Rub a wedge of lemon on the skins season with salt and pepper. and grill til cook!

And thats it!

You can actually buy this in sainsbury - taste the difference range but I bought it once, copied it and it taste just the same. ;)
  • Str4berr3
    Options
    Home - made burgered are great to grill there too!
  • patchwork_cat
    Options
    Off topic a little - Do you find them a pain to clean? I spray with soda crystals and wipe down well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure