PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Smelly spilt milk...

Options

Comments

• jaytar
    jaytar Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. The only way I got rid of the smell was to sell the car ! Seriously, I tried everything imaginable, it would disappear then as soon as the weather became warmer it was back with a vengeance.

Hope you have better luck than I did.
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Try Neutrodol powder. For best results, leave it overnight before you hoover it off.

That got rid of a milky sick smell in my car _pale_
    Here I go again on my own....
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    The smell is caused by bacteria in the milk - basically when milk goes off, the bacteria get to work (so to speak). You will find that disinfectant should help kill of the bacteria, but if milk has gone down all the "knooks and crannys" it will still stink cos you cant get to it!
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Becles wrote:
    Try Neutrodol powder. For best results, leave it overnight before you hoover it off.

I was going to suggest that too. Hope it helps
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. It goes away after a couple of years.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. It goes away after a couple of years.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Same thing happened to me, I tried everything to get rid of the smell!!! Mine happened in the boot and I had to get rid of the whole boot lining in the end and replace it with old carpet. Sory couldnt be of more help!!

By the way it really stinks dont it? Mine smelt like somthing/one had died in it:eek:
  • ladygrey_2
    ladygrey_2 Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    mine happened in my boot and sainsburys paid for the cleaning as the bottle had leaked
  • mamamia
    mamamia Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Becles wrote:

You can also put drops of lavendar essential oil in you car to freshen it up
  • carol_a_3
    carol_a_3 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    I had the exact same problem about 6 months ago (the thread is on here somewhere) My car smelt like old cheese. Wish I had thought to go back to the supermarket (Asda) and complain. Anyway, I tried 1001 carpet freshener, non vac foam, "gentle breeze" or something and drove around with the windows open for a couple of days, I can honestly say the smell all went. Mine was in the seat rather than the carpet and had soaked right down into the foam etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure