3 Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• you_llneverwalkalone
    Options
    iwantitnow wrote:
    I phoned them 30 days before my contract was due to end to cancel and they offered me a deal that worked out about £16 a month with a new phone. I told them I would think about it. The next day I phoned them and advised that I still wanted to cancel and requested a pac code. It was at this stage I was given the deal averaging £6.32 a month if i did not require a new handset.

The deal works as follows they credit my account with £149.23 on month one and then for the first 9 months they charge me half price rental @ £15 per month and the final 3 months I am charged £30 a month. So if I stick within my call limit I end up paying nothing from month 1 -9 as my credit fully covers this. On month 10 I am still £14.23 in credit so just pay £15.77 and on months 11 + 12 I pay £30 each month so I pay a total of £75.77 over the last 3 months but nothing for the first 9 months.

There are no cheques or cashback claims required.Hence the attraction of the deal.

I,ve just accepted this fantastic offer as well....I was going to leave 3 but this offer was too good to turn down!!

:T
  • myself321
    myself321 Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what tariff did you get that deal on with 3 , thanks
  • you_llneverwalkalone
    Options
    myself321 wrote:
    what tariff did you get that deal on with 3 , thanks

The tariff is Talk & Text 600...Hope that helps..
  • skip2mylou
    Options
    hi, terminated my contract few weeks back...just yesterday they called to offer 10months free on T&T600...hope this helps
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    12 month contract will be ending soon. What are 3 Offering on retentions at the moment?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • iwantitnow
    Options
    Lady_K wrote:
    12 month contract will be ending soon. What are 3 Offering on retentions at the moment?

Is that not what this post is all about?
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    Options
    I was offered this as well. It's talk and text 600 (500 minutes of talk time with 100 text). It's basically 9 and a half months free line rental on a 12 month contract. If you don't want to use it yourself, you can give it to someone else. I took the deal, as I think it's a great offer. All I did to get it was phone up to give my 30 day notice.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • hkt7383
    hkt7383 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    hi.. the way the credit works is they put it on to your next bill and your cost of each bill keeps being taken away from the credit till it reaches zero - after that you're paying out of your direct deiit again...
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    iwantitnow wrote:
    Is that not what this post is all about?

Well I did put this post as a new thread myself as I couldnt find anything but its obviously been moved to combine with this one so what might seem an odd question wasnt really so odd
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • vertical_fool
    vertical_fool Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    There doesn't appear to be a retentions thread for Three. I've searched although there is some short threads but no dedicated thread.

Anyway I was going to change onto a vodafone contract from Three but a friend just told me a couple of days ago he got a K800 with 750 minutes 150 texts etc with £360 credit blah blah blah which over 18 months came to just over £8 a month. I rang today as I would have snapped up this deal to be told it ended on Saturday! The deal he offered me was a 6288 with 500 minutes, 100 texts etc at 9 months half price (£30 a month) with a £70 credit. So £155 for the year or under £13 a month with a 6288.

I'm going to phone again later hoping to get something along the lines of the former offer. The offer to me wasn't so good but without cashback hassle and including 3 free browsing. I've got an XDA exec today so a bonus factor for me.

What offers have you had/ heard of?

It would also be nice to post new offers here to keep people up to date (especially in a headed thread and searchable as Three, 3 isn't searchable)

Thanks

Vertical
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family