Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    -1lb this week

Good Afternoon :hello:

Well done on the losses :j:j:j

Get well soon the poorlies :A
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bubbs, that countdown to August is scary – it’s nearer to Christmas than Valentine’s Day!

Well done, Sunshine and orlao (it all counts).

Tidying up my nest on the sofa this morning really brought home to me how catastrophic Thursday’s ‘Maltesergate’ was. I had 6 (that’s right – 6) empty plastic bags. There may have been more because I am pretty sure I put some in the bin already. I had got a huge box of Maltesers for Christmas and, being a good wee SWer, I decanted them into bags of 5 syns worth each. Then I put the bags in the far flung recesses of the cupboard under the stairs so they’d be out of temptation’s way. Between Christmas and Wednesday I’d had about 5 bags. The best (worst) bit about Thursday’s debacle is that each bag was retrieved individually over the day rather than grabbed all at once. So I went to the cupboard 6 times!!!!!!!! Clearly my cupboard is too organised! There are still plenty left (it was a huge box as I said). But I’ll get my just desserts when I WI tomorrow.

Breakfast: none
    Lunch: bacon, egg, tomato, mushrooms, beans, hexb toast & 7g butter (3)
    Snack: 3 cranberry & coconut mini crispbreads (2)
    Dinner: roast beef, SW roasties, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, gravy (1), ff Skyr raspberry yogurt, berries
    Snack: hexa cheese & apple
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Kathryn hope you're not going back to work too soon. Have your diet restrictions ended now?

You sound just like my manager. Going to start back working from home.
    Still on the dietary restrictions. Need my kidney functionality to increase to be allowed to eat normal. Consultant hopes that the damage done is repairable, but it will take time.
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T well done orlao, ssm and tweets on your losses.

Yesterday I almost inadvertently had a speed day.

B -Quaker Oat Granola Honey & Almond with SS milk (HEX A&B)
    L - Mixed fruit with FF yog (strawberries, raspberries, nectarine and banana)
    D - HM burgers with a mixed salad (leaves, peppers, red onion, cucmber & beetroot) with oven roasted sweet potato wedges, roasted tomatoes and mushrooms

Unfortunately it's so easy for some free food to creep in. Not bad though as you weren't even trying!:)

It'll be interesting to see how your DH gets on denise. My DH just has SW dinners and occasional breakfasts. He could have more but he enjoys a muesli that isn't HEB. Like you esmy, I try to buy him cakes and biscuits that don't interest me so he has those too.

I had a talk with my DH today about changing our menus a bit. There's so much in the media about the health benefits of a veggie diet. We don't eat large portions of meat but we do eat it most days. I've also noticed prices really rocketing up lately. My Aldi bill was the highest its been yesterday and it was only for 6 days.:( I'm going to try and increase fish days to 2 from 1 and try a veggie dinner at least once a week. I'm sure he'll be fine with veggie chilli and stir fry. I know DH likes mushroom stroganoff too as he's chosen it in restaurants. Does anyone make that SW friendly?

That sort of self sabotage is easily done orlao. I know that sometimes there's nothing we can do about off plan food when eating out or sometimes we just choose to have a holiday. What really matters is that you get back on plan as soon as possible. In your case that would mean before and after.:)

Today's EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with veggie chilli and pickled cabbage
    D: roast lamb with many veggies and potatoes
    Syns: gravy 4? HP sauce 1? wine syns tbc
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1.6 lbs loss.

Right off for a splurge......
    :T:T:T well done. not too much of a splurge i hope:p
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Some one in a previous thread suggested a 'Sevens Challenge' which I made a note of - to have 7 speed foods, 7 syns and 7 drinks of water in a day

That's amazing - well done. I've not noticed much of a change in my clothing yet, apart from my knickers, which seem to fit a bit better :o

Yes, mine arrived yesterday (after originally saying it would take until the end of February), but I've only had a chance to have a quick skim at the moment. Let me know which recipes you try and I'll do likewise.

My plan for today;

Breakfast - beans on toast (HEB)
    Lunch - omlette with cheese (HEA) and red pepper
    Dinner - OH is doing a prawn stir fry with bean sprouts, mushrooms, carrot, onion and noodles

Snacks; plums, raspberries, clementines, pear, banana
    Thanks but i have lost nearer 5 stone than 4........ooo that sounds good:rotfl::rotfl:
    orlao wrote: »
    A measley -.05 lbs this week - all my own doing of course.

I've been bleating on about wanting to get back to target for this wedding but thinking about it, I do sabotage myself when I know I'm going to have a SW 'holiday' - what' the point of following the plan when I'm going to have a week/weekend of eating, drinking and being very merry? goes my subconscious...I discovered very early on that I cannot lose weight if I'm drinking regularly even though it's a spirit with diet mixer so now I only drink on high days and holidays :)

Oh well, as SSM suggested, out comes the spanx - so attractive :eek: OH kills himself laughing everytime he sees these, sings about sausage in skin :) S'ok I get him back with chest hair pulling. We are sooooooo mature :p

:T:T well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

Congrats to all the losers- again, hope I can join you this week!

Meal planning and shopping done for the week. OH sent DD2 with me to buy 'treats' - he doesn't eat many sweet things but when he does they have to be full of sugar! With some guidance from me she's picked stuff I really don't like but he does, so no temptation for me. I still find it a real struggle if anything chocolaty is in the house.

As a household we tend to eat early - 2 of the three of us are at work early morning (and I am on the odd days I work) and they want dinner/tea around 5pm, which is too early for me. However we all eat together and I find I'm hungry again by 10pm, which is when things go to pot a bit. I need to give some thought to what I could have for supper without ruining the whole day.

This week is Tom Kerridge week in the esmy household. Next to try are the turkey and courgette burgers. I'll report back...

Brilliant NSV Bubbs! Kathryn hope you're not going back to work too soon. Have your diet restrictions ended now? Well done on your 3 st Moneysaverme.
    Thanks, what about a platter of celery, cucumber carrots etc or high fi bar?
    tweets wrote: »
    -1lb this week

Good Afternoon :hello:

Well done on the losses :j:j:j

Get well soon the poorlies :A
    :T:T:T:T well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Haven't been on here for a few days as computer was being rather silly.
    Taken a while to catch up,you folks post a lot:rotfl:
    Decided to join a group this week as doing it on my own wasn't really working. Only a small group but friendly and the group leader is great. So different from the one that was there before. Feel really confident that I can lose. Will find out how things are going on Wednesday.
    Congrats to all the losers and get well soon for the poorlies.

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1186 /2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20 NDNSD's in April Target 20.. So far 24/20
    NSD's in May so far 13/20
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We've had previous conversations about knickers poohsticks . I think sometimes it takes ages to drop a dress size because we've been wearing a size (or more) too small to disguise the fat.:( I know I started SW because having crept up from a 12 to a 16 I was adamant I wasn't buying anything bigger.

esmy , I'd suggest red berries with Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of sweetener as a snack and if that's not substantial enough add a pear or a banana. It's lush. :)
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    GREENTIGER, I can well understand your Maltesergate disaster:o Sometimes it’s better just to have nothing like that in the house. Isn’t it funny that sometimes we can exercise restraint and ‘be good’ and then other times it all goes out the window and we have to Eat. It. All. Right. Now :o

Five dress sizes down, that’s an incredible achievement BUBBS :T:T:T. I saw an image on the internet somewhere of different sizes of jeans laid flat on top of each other with the biggest size at the bottom and smallest on the top. These were all worn by someone who had lost a lot of weight and it was an amazing visual representation of the scale of what they had lost. I hope you have kept some bigger clothes so you can see how far you have come.

I’ve just had a mini clothes trying on session. I’ve been cursed with a small waist but generous bum so some things are now too loose on the waist whilst fitting or still too tight on the other. I don’t think SW has an answer for that :rotfl:
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having a duvet day today. Woke up feeling rough. I've only eaten a nectarine so far as haven't been hungry. I have some homemade burgers in the fridge so might have one of them in a while. Don't feel like having any speed with it though, so plans for an SP day are out the window. Might go mad and use two syns of burger sauce with it :rotfl:

Congrats to all the losers :j
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills