Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Matthew
    • By MSE Matthew 7th Jun 17, 1:50 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 16Thanks
    MSE Matthew
    UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help!
    • 7th Jun 17, 1:50 PM
    UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help! 7th Jun 17 at 1:50 PM

Hello, Forumites!

<<<<<<<<THREAD UPDATE>>>>>>>>

So you now know about this top-secret tool that we've been working on, we still need your feedback. It's your chance to directly shape what we're doing here at MSE Towers!

We've been creating a Broadband tool that shows the VERY BEST BROADBAND DEALS in the market and we'd love to give our Forumites EARLY ACCESS to the BETA version to see what you think!

We're hoping to give it full launch in the coming weeks, but want to see what you all think before it hits the masses. This'll be the first time anyone outside of the office has seen the tool, so I hope you're as excited as we are!

So in a nutshell
    'TRY OUT OUR BROADBAND TOOL AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!'

So, to see the tool and give it a whirl see the link below:
    [Unbundled broadband tool]

We'd love to know your comments here or in our optional FEEDBACK SURVEY (don't worry it's safe and anonymous) and all comments will go towards shaping this tool into being the best that MSE can offer.

Also, if you're unsure about anything - please comment with questions and we'll get back to you asap.

Thanks!

MSE Matthew
    Last edited by MSE Matt; 19-07-2017 at 5:45 PM.
Page 4
    • neilsedaka
    • By neilsedaka 20th Aug 17, 4:59 PM
    • 281 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    neilsedaka
    You may decide to wait until your contract runs out on 19th September, then see what is available. You could transfer the account in to his name, then you pay him for your broadband and phone usage.
    • cyrilregis
    • By cyrilregis 20th Aug 17, 9:54 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cyrilregis
    Hi Neil,
    Thank you for your reply.

To have additional line it will be additional cost for new bt line.

I meant my son can be responsible for paying line rental and broadband. So he can use the existing telephone line I used, as I no longer require this as well, as I might as well use the mobile phone, where I have enough minutes and people always contact me on my mobile.

So this is the reason I told my son there is good offer where you can use it for yourself on money savings expert.
    • dnpark38
    • By dnpark38 25th Aug 17, 3:12 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    dnpark38
    Have tried the new tool and it does not give BT Broadband in the comparisons.
    Also does not give the Sky up to 52/55 product.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 25th Aug 17, 4:34 PM
    • 9,745 Posts
    • 4,001 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Have tried the new tool and it does not give BT Broadband in the comparisons.
    Also does not give the Sky up to 52/55 product.
    Originally posted by dnpark38

i can see BT
    BT: Unlimited Infinity 1 + Weekend Calls
    12 month contract
    New customers only
    • dnpark38
    • By dnpark38 25th Aug 17, 5:24 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    dnpark38
    I took my telephone requirement of Anytime phone calls off and indeed it it gave me the offer you quote for BT.
    Strange BT do not offer Anytime or Evenings and Weekend, if they do its a problem with this Broadband Tool.
    Thanks for your reply.
    • mickeyminx
    • By mickeyminx 28th Aug 17, 6:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mickeyminx
    Tool doesn't work for Sky packages
    "Enter your postcode below - the deals you can get depend on where you live." and "Why we need it. We need your postcode because not all deals are available in every area. Rest assured we won't store it or use it for anything else."

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to apply to Sky packages - or Sky is deliberately not offering requested packages in certain areas.

On Friday 25.Aug I applied for Sky package at equivalent of £11.17pm which had been highlighted by the Tool as being available in my area. Sky said NOT available and suggested another (more expensive) package. That offer finished that day. Contacted MSE by email on site, but no reply to date.

Just tried again, with Tool suggesting Sky: Broadband Unlimited for my area at £12.50pm equivalent. Again, Sky said not available in my area!! And suggested another (more expensive) package. Again.

So, VERY DISAPPOINTED in MSE. Always trusted them to give best service before, but now have my doubts.

Will look elsewhere on internet to make my own searches, to get positive results. MSE needn't have bothered at this rate.
    • dnpark38
    • By dnpark38 28th Aug 17, 7:00 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    dnpark38
    "Also does not give the Sky up to 52/55 product."

Anyone know anything about this product, please?

Seems to be no one rivalling BT with up to 52 Mbs product.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 2nd Oct 17, 7:11 PM
    • 7,456 Posts
    • 9,619 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    MSE link goes to

https://originbroadband.com/packages/broadband-and-phone/origin-broadband?utm_medium=broadband-choices-co-uk&source=aw&awc=7024_1506967613_efe7c22aaa87cf804 ff39964346ae451&utm_source=54840&utm_medium=Broadb and+Choices&utm_campaign=Comparison+Engine 19.49

Direct Link goes to -

https://www.originbroadband.com/packages/home-broadband-and-phone - 18.49
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,633Posts Today

6,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin