Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 169
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 9th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    If it sounds promising for me then it sounds promising for both of us Athens aren't these days tediously long though?

Seriously, why the hell did mother nature decide to make AF and early pregnancy symptoms the same?!
    • athensgeorgia
    • By athensgeorgia 9th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    athensgeorgia
    Never mind CD1 :'(
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 9th Oct 17, 6:51 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Oh Athens I am sorry - I wish the forum would allow me to swear for you sending virtual hugs x
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 9th Oct 17, 10:31 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD38 thrift360
    CD LavenderBee

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD11 Zeni - awaiting ovulation
    CD10 Dot.1991 - awaiting ovulation
    CD16 Spooney7 - awaiting ovulation

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD5 Toots14
    CD1 athensgeorgia

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LKRDN_Morgan
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454
    DSM348
    twigpig
    ButterflyBabe

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    emdoug 26/09/17
    Teeniepops 14/09/17
    Chelle22 10/09/17
    KateySW 08/09/17
    MrsNubs 25/08/17
    Kirstypoos 21/07/17
    Sulphate 16/07/17
    Cherry Gale 11/7/17
    Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 9th Oct 17, 10:33 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    Oh Athens I'm sorry hun. I really hate the headf..( cant say the rest of that word) that it gives us every month. I never realised how stressful this whole thing was from the outside, but doing it really is horrible sometimes!
    • Dot.1991
    • By Dot.1991 10th Oct 17, 8:11 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Dot.1991
    Athens so sorry to read that you got AF

Zeni I have a CB question. I'm a 29 day cycle started using it on the day it said and I use my FMU. Sunday and Monday was just clear circle, today is a static smiley, didn't get any flashing ones. Ovia says OV isn't til Friday and Flo thinks Sunday. Now I can't use it for 2 days as it's static which is so annoying! Tried to google but not much in reviews or people questioning online. I've looked at the stick, who wouldn't?! and last couple of days I could see a line but I can't see one (if anything it kind of looks like a wave of colour which is very dark but def not a line... was hoping these things would make it easier!
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 10th Oct 17, 5:45 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Once again - I wish I was allowed to swear on this forum!

I know you're not "supposed" to test in the afternoon/evening and I understand why. But I did it anyway and got a BFP...

Doing another to confirm in the morning and booking in with my GP to confirm. I have the best GP in the NHS as far as I am concerned and it's thanks to his understanding and quick work that I get to make this appointment at all.

Fiddlesticks!
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 10th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    Lavender! Eeeeek Im hoping that its confirmed fab news if so hun.

Dot Oo that an odd one, I've only used it one month before and I only had circle and flashing smiley before it broke. I did get flashing smiley this morning on day 12, when last cycle this didn't happen till day 14 so can be different every month. I'd treat it as OV hun.

My OH made me giggle tonight, he saw my digi OV stick and came and asked me If I had something to tell him as he thought it was a pregnancy test, I said but I only stopped my period over week ago. He looked at me blankly and didnt get it at all. Well at least hes becomming interested in all this now
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 11th Oct 17, 9:16 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Zeni you made me laugh. Just when you think it's sunk in with them you realise it's not... at the weekend, having told DH that I was a day late, he said, with increasing meekness as the error of his ways dawned on him, that wouldn't this be a good time to try and conceive... I asked how exactly he thought the whole baby thing works. He pointed out the window and said "birds!" (As in the stork) with a big grin on his face.

Despite all of this, second BFP this morning. Very dark thick lines on both really. Booked a Drs appointment for this afternoon as I'm a bit worried that the ovary ligament pain I've had since my laproacopy still hasn't subsided, if anything it's worse
    • Dot.1991
    • By Dot.1991 11th Oct 17, 10:03 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Dot.1991
    Ooh congrats Lavenderbee that is good news!! Hope everything else is ok with you though

Zeni - yes strange isn't it, I took it as OV just incase, my partner was equally entertaining yesterday when I told him it had gone straight to static "trust you to skip out steps!" I'm always impatient!
    • slothsocks
    • By slothsocks 11th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    slothsocks
    Hi, I'm new, please may I join you?

We've been TTC for a year now. We were given clomid, but only 3 months because of my age. This is our last month, I'm on CD8, and I've ordered the clearblue digital advanced ovulation tests from amazon because I feel like we need to throw everything at it this month. I don't know what we'll do next. We'll have to decide whether to give up, keep trying or go for IVF.

Pleased to meet you all.
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 11th Oct 17, 8:09 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    Oo lavender good sign hope the docs went well. He does make me giggle sometimes, I think you just assume they would get it but they were never taught about or lady cycles! Another flashing smiley today. The downside, have an evil headache and cold today..bah.

Hi slothsocks welcome, hope you stay is short in the nicest way. Look like me, you and dot are all on the cb digi test this month fingers crossed it is lucky for one of us.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 11th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Welcome Slothsocks (fab name by the way). You will find this thread is full of ever so lovely, encouraging, and knowledgeable ladies (and Freddie!). I found it almost therapeutic having other people to talk to about TTC who actually understand*, and we've had some laughs recently about the blunders our OHs make with their understanding (mistaking ovulation and pregnancy tests, believing in storks, that sorta thing...) which helps pass the time!

* Maybe I'm not being kind, but my MIL knows of our *ahem* "inability to plan" and I struggled with taking her advice as someone who did not have experience of this. I felt like this is just not the sort of scenario you can empathise with. In the end I did listen, and I genuinely calmed down. Turns out she was right all along, crafty fox...(!)

I had my Dr's appointment today, didn't see the one who helped me through endo, but one of the senior female Drs instead. She was fantastic couldn't have been more helpful and lovely about it all. I asked about my pains, and she did a quick examination. Apparently it all feels OK, but if they're still there in 2 weeks then come back and she'll refer me to the early pregnancy unit to check it's not ectopic I really hope it is still just recovering from the laparoscopy as it is exactly the same site, but it's shown no signs of slowing down yet.

If no-one minds I'll loiter here for a couple of weeks, y'know, just in case... and to cheer you lot on of course
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 11th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    TTC Thread

CD40 thrift360

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD13 Zeni - awaiting ovulation
    CD12 Dot.1991 - awaiting ovulation
    CD18 Spooney7 - awaiting ovulation

CD7 Toots14
    CD3 athensgeorgia

LKRDN_Morgan
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454
    DSM348
    twigpig
    ButterflyBabe

When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    emdoug 26/09/17
    Teeniepops 14/09/17
    Chelle22 10/09/17
    KateySW 08/09/17
    MrsNubs 25/08/17
    Kirstypoos 21/07/17
    Sulphate 16/07/17
    Cherry Gale 11/7/17
    Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 11th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    Yeay Lavender Im very glad, yet a little sad your going. Feels like lots of lovely ladies I've enjoyed chatting with are all moving on, can't wait to join you ladies one day soon *all the fingers and toes crossed*Do you want me to add you to the thread graduates?
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 12th Oct 17, 2:58 AM
    • 142 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Congrats Lavender.
    So many bfp's in the last few months, it's nice to see. Xx
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 12th Oct 17, 12:44 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Thanks, Zeni. I've got my paws crossed for you too. Maybe not a thread graduate just yet, just feels like there's far too far to go... I'm trying MIL's technique of simply not worrying about it (since that's what resulted in the BFP!), but just like TTC, there's a whole list of do's and don'ts (mostly don'ts!) and I'm struggling to ignore them.
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 12th Oct 17, 6:48 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    TTC Thread

CD41 thrift360

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD14 Zeni - awaiting ovulation
    CD13 Dot.1991 - awaiting ovulation
    CD19 Spooney7 - awaiting ovulation

CD8 Toots14
    CD3 athensgeorgia

LKRDN_Morgan
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454
    DSM348
    twigpig
    ButterflyBabe

Thread Graduates
    emdoug 26/09/17
    Teeniepops 14/09/17
    Chelle22 10/09/17
    KateySW 08/09/17
    MrsNubs 25/08/17
    Kirstypoos 21/07/17
    Sulphate 16/07/17
    Cherry Gale 11/7/17
    Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 12th Oct 17, 6:50 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    Well glad to have you here a bit longer Lavender

Had a static smiley face this morning from CB test so OV is here and well timed too!
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 13th Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Zeni
    TTC Thread

CD42 thrift360
    CD15 Zeni - 1dpo
    CD14 Dot.1991 - 3dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD20 Spooney7 - awaiting ovulation

CD9 Toots14
    CD4 athensgeorgia

LKRDN_Morgan
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454
    DSM348
    twigpig
    ButterflyBabe

Thread Graduates
    emdoug 26/09/17
    Teeniepops 14/09/17
    Chelle22 10/09/17
    KateySW 08/09/17
    MrsNubs 25/08/17
    Kirstypoos 21/07/17
    Sulphate 16/07/17
    Cherry Gale 11/7/17
    Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Last edited by Zeni; 13-10-2017 at 9:31 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,142Users online

Martin's Twitter