IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC At It Yet Again?

Options
A car park operator whose staff changed times on photos to wrongly issue tickets is being investigated again following claims it misled drivers.:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35253759

BBC Inside Out West Midlands is on Monday 11 January on BBC One at 19:30 GMT and available afterwards on iPlayer.
What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't worry folks:

"The company is being investigated by the British Parking Association (BPA)."

Well that's OK then!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit negligent of them not to have fixed the "software glitch" after last time
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Bit negligent of them not to have fixed the "software glitch" after last time

Would be interesting wouldn't it to know how they are getting on with Argos to plug this loophole with their digital camera suppliers!:rotfl:
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you have either Sky or FreeSat then you can watch or record this programme from anywhere in the country without waiting for it to appear on iPlayer.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I think that we should send that link to averyone ticketed by UKPC. I am copying it to the HA who emloy them at one of my properties, and posting it on all the notice boards .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • LJamesP
    LJamesP Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

What are the chances that they will get their DVLA checking ability taken away from them for a while? I got a ticket in mid december. With the 56 day limit on them to charge me, what does this include; for instance on a hypothetical sence, if there is a UKPC appeal open (not yet gone to popla) and UKPC have only sent me correspondance in email and nothing through the mail would this mean that if this were to continue until the 56 day mark (around the 9th feb) then i wouldnt be required to pay because they would be too late??

if someone could clarify this i would be so very greatful!

=LJamesP
    LJamesP
    Sign the Petition To Ban UKPC from being Allowed to get drivers details off of the DVLA!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    A car park operator whose staff changed times on photos to wrongly issue tickets is being investigated again following claims it misled drivers.:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35253759

BBC Inside Out West Midlands is on Monday 11 January on BBC One at 19:30 GMT and available afterwards on iPlayer.

How many more times are UKPC going to say "a few rogue employees" ???
    How do we know how many fake tickets like this are issued by UKPC where people simply pay ?? Patrick Troy of the BPA won't know either and if he does not know, nor will the DVLA.

The BPA must expel UKPC and if Patrick Troy wishes to gain some credibility in his organisation which is fast going downhill, he should do this forthwith. The rules have been broken and now, there is no excuse, UKPC are still a fraudulent company and there must be a lifelong ban from the DVLA and a full investigation by the police and trading standards.

Troy told the BBC: "If there's a repeat of any kind of misbehaviour, that will almost certainly result in expulsion or further suspension."

EXPULSION ONLY MR TROY, scammers have no place in 2016
    If Troy does not expel UKPC, the BPA will be seen as a scammers haven

UKPC said it "condemned" the actions of staff who "took advantage of a software flaw" which had now been updated to stop it from happening again.

Come off it UKPC, it's not like your staff are I.T. literate .. ARE THEY ?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LJamesP wrote: »
    Hi guys,

What are the chances that they will get their DVLA checking ability taken away from them for a while? I got a ticket in mid december. With the 56 day limit on them to charge me, what does this include; for instance on a hypothetical sence, if there is a UKPC appeal open (not yet gone to popla) and UKPC have only sent me correspondance in email and nothing through the mail would this mean that if this were to continue until the 56 day mark (around the 9th feb) then i wouldnt be required to pay because they would be too late??

=LJamesP

Let's put it this way, we will require the BPA and DVLA to place an immediate ban of UKPC. If the BPA and the DVLA fail the public, they will be seen as supporting scammers

For the moment, everyone should reject any UKPC ticket on the grounds that there is an uncertainty that the picture is correct and to provide positive proof that the picture is correct
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 January 2016 at 12:02PM
    Options
    LJamesP wrote: »
    Hi guys,

=LJamesP

Your best bet is to read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread. You will then get bespoke help about your specific situation.

Belay that, I see you have already started your own thread. Ask your questions there.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • LJamesP
    LJamesP Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?
    Click this link to sign the petition:
    hxxps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/118139/sponsors/Lpr1yd4oWanBTGlXuTRM

My petition:
    Ban UKPC from being able to recieve driver information from the DVLA.
    LJamesP
    Sign the Petition To Ban UKPC from being Allowed to get drivers details off of the DVLA!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure