Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 155
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 13th Mar 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    arbrighton
    Don't think they did bloods at my 16 week. We did urine, discussed last bloods, blood pressure and baby's heartbeat (officially too early)

Bean managed to do a big kick for my sister over the weekend, she was a bit freaked out!

I am 24weeks tomorrow so I suppose I had better toddle off to the big thread, eeeeeeeeek
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 13th Mar 17, 9:36 PM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 8,276 Thanks
    newthrift
    I was in maternity stuff at 12/13weeks like jeans, leggings and bras as it was just so much more comfy so don't worry at my 16 week it was just urine, blood pressure, general well-being chat and I got to hear the heartbeat (although this can be slightly variant depending on your area and midwife). I've not had to have any iron tablets so I'm not sure on the size of then I'm afraid. If you do have to take them they might have out in another form to make it easier for you.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year
    Baby Boy Newthrift arrived July 2017
    • woollisox
    • By woollisox 14th Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    woollisox
    I have my bloods done every 4 weeks or so, but I've got vitamin deficiencies so have them done fairly regularly anyway (every 3 months or so). At my 16 weeks appointment I think they talked about the results of the blood tests I had had at my 12 weeks scan and did some more, but if I'm honest I don't know if that's normal.
    Has anyone used something called Spatone? My friends given me a huge box of it as it's apparently good for raising energy levels and it's for pregnancy. Haven't got around to trying to it yet so wondering if anyone else has?
    19 weeks today
    Make £2017 in 2017: #34 Total - £10.81 / £2017

Baby Woollisox due August 2017
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 14th Mar 17, 11:29 AM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    arbrighton
    It's just another vitamin supplement, and includes iron but iron can cause constipation so maybe avoid unless needed/prescribed.

I've just gone onto the big thread, 24weeks today
    • woollisox
    • By woollisox 17th Mar 17, 8:42 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    woollisox
    Oh thank you, irons pretty much the only one where the levels are fine so don't want to be messing with them. Think I'll give it a miss.
    My OH asked me the other day when I was going to get a pregnancy bump. When asked what he means, he said that I don't look pregnant pregnant, I just look like I've put loads of weight on! He's in the doghouse, But he's sort of right. I don't have a defined bump, just some sort of general mass I've been avoiding actually looking at. Can't wait for my bump to fully come. 19+3 today so I thought I'd at least have the beginnings of one by now.
    4 days til the big gender reveal! So excited !!!!

• Jojo_fry
    • By Jojo_fry 21st Mar 17, 4:08 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Jojo_fry
    Is anyone else having real trouble sleeping now? I'm 16+4 and cannot get through the night without waking up either to go to the loo or because I can't get comfortable. I haven't put on much weight and hardly have a bump but given that you're not supposed to lie on your back after 16 weeks, I'm trying to lie on my side and just end up getting pins and needles down one side
    • firebird082
    • By firebird082 21st Mar 17, 4:20 PM
    • 531 Posts
    • 438 Thanks
    firebird082
    but given that you're not supposed to lie on your back after 16 weeks, I'm trying to lie on my side and just end up getting pins and needles down one side
    Originally posted by Jojo_fry
    Just popping back to say that I still find that at 28 weeks I wake up sleeping on my back even if I go to sleep on my side. I wouldn't worry too much, but if you want to stick with side sleeping, maybe use some pillows to support/prop yourself up? Also try different positions - sleeping on my side does make my arms go tingly and numb sometimes, but not always, so I reckon exact position must have an effect.
    • woollisox
    • By woollisox 22nd Mar 17, 6:37 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    woollisox
    I've found my self tossing and turning all night since about 9 weeks, I like to think baby's just making sure were prepared when it's here.

Had my 20 weeks scan yesterday! Everything is healthy and I found out that 'it' is a little girl! So ecstatic! Could not wait to tell anyone and everyone who would listen
    OH is thrilled too, even if he is already dreading the teenage years lol x

• PeppaCoin
    • By PeppaCoin 25th Mar 17, 9:47 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    PeppaCoin
    Hello ladies, could I join please?

I am 20 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my second baby - another boy! Pleased that sickness is over and done with. The only real symptoms I get at the minute are the normal aches and pains and some itching on my tummy, particularly at night.

My first son is 4yrs old and super excited about his brother arriving in August. I live with my husband and son in North Yorkshire and was on this forum all the time when I was expecting my first son. A facebook group was formed for a bunch of us who found the facebook app easier to use on our phones, rather than this site. Is there anything similar this time for people due in the third quarter of the year?
    Debt at Light Bulb Moment - £18,320
    Current debt - £9,949 (46% paid off)
    • moreofthegoodstuff
    • By moreofthegoodstuff 14th Apr 17, 10:35 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 10,027 Thanks
    moreofthegoodstuff
    Any tips for really itchy stretch marks? They are driving me mad!!!
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 23rd Apr 17, 4:29 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 1,779 Thanks
    saver-j
    Hi there, nervously looking to join this thread if anyone's around?

I'm 14 weeks and just starting to believe this might happen, although still massively anxious at times (I had 2 mcs last year so am really worried about something going wrong).

Just starting to look at some maternity trousers, as though my tops, jeans and casual trousers all ok at the moment, work ones are feeling pretty snug. I hate online shopping at the best of times as I like to try things on before I buy, but looks like that just isn't an option.

moreof thegoodstuff hope your itching is easier, other than keeping moisturised I've no recommendations I'm afraid. Also think it's recommended to speak to midwife about severe itching?
    • Jojo_fry
    • By Jojo_fry 9th May 17, 1:01 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Jojo_fry
    Hi there, welcome to the thread

I've just realised that I'm going to have to move on to the over 24 weeks thread in a few day's time, eek! It goes so fast! Although I'm already getting a bit impatient to meet our little girl ��
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 10th May 17, 7:21 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 1,779 Thanks
    saver-j
    Good luck jojo, hopefully see you over there, though I've another 8 weeks until then.

Funny you should say the time goes so fast, I feel like it's going really slowly. Probably because this is the longest stretch I've had without an appointment and I'm at the feeling slightly in limbo stage as I don't have constant pregnancy symptoms now, am just a bit fat rather than having a bump and not feeling movement yet.
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 22nd May 17, 3:44 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    Hi I'm Samtoby and I am expecting my third child (fourth pregnancy) on 22nd November 2017.

I am 32 live in Dorset with my husband son daughter and lots of animals. My son is 13 and my daughter 3 so I have a large age gap between the two!

Still feeling rather sick which is new for me, I haven't had sickness like this before only the tiredness.

Hope everyone has had a nice day ;-)
    DS 18.06.2004 --2013-- 2.05.2014
    E-Bay Power Seller - Amazon Seller, Etsy Seller
    April GC 36.56 so far
    £0/ £4,533.47 0% 28th April 2014
    4kw Solar PV system with Immersun
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 25th May 17, 6:47 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 1,779 Thanks
    saver-j
    Welcome samtoby.

I'm due a month before you.

Hope your sickness eases soon, I found mine did after about 14 weeks from being constant to only when I was really hungry. I'm now struggling with the fact I don't really feel pregnant most of the time, just a bit fat. Hoping the movement starts soon so I can know things are ok.
    • samtoby
    • By samtoby 27th May 17, 5:13 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    samtoby
    Its mad I feel sick unless I am eating which is an odd concept!

I am 14w 3d so hoping that during this week I will stop feeling sick. I can only drink water after about 3pm any time before it makes me gag.

I am going to Frankie and Bennys in a minute with my husband and oldest child who is nearly 13. My little girl is with her Nan.

Hope your having a good weekend - when is your 20 week scan?
    DS 18.06.2004 --2013-- 2.05.2014
    E-Bay Power Seller - Amazon Seller, Etsy Seller
    April GC 36.56 so far
    £0/ £4,533.47 0% 28th April 2014
    4kw Solar PV system with Immersun
    • Timeflies
    • By Timeflies 30th May 17, 9:02 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    Timeflies
    Hello everyone, I'm joining from the <12 week thread, thirteen weeks now and just had my scan today - what a relief!

After all the scan excitement I've done very little today, felt really tired and sick, napped when my toddler did and been drinking gallons of water. Hoping to feel better tomorrow, as OH and I have a rare day to ourselves.

Hope your sickness doesn't last long samtoby. I think I remember it getting better from 13 weeks and gone by 16 weeks last time.
    • TwentySomethingGirl
    • By TwentySomethingGirl 31st May 17, 10:48 AM
    • 164 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    TwentySomethingGirl
    Hello

Another joiner from the less than 12 week thread. I'm 13w2d now and next appointment is the 16 week midwife appointment which is booked for the 19th June.
    Mortgage £126746 DEC14 £122423.53 DEC15 £115041.70 DEC16 Remortgaged Sep17 to pay off HtB loan £150000
    MFW2017 #85 £2633.7/£2500 12K IN 17 #85 £5500/£12000
    MFW2016 £3614.63/£2500
    MFW2015 £811.60/£1200
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 31st May 17, 7:40 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 1,779 Thanks
    saver-j
    Hi all

I had a good long weekend thanks samtoby, visited family which was nice but tiring. Hope your sickness is easing. It is such a weird feeling feeling sick unless eating. I was constantly snacking to try to overcome it.

Welcome too timeflies and twentysomethinggirl. Glad your scans went well. My 20 week one is next week. Am getting nervous about it now, though I have no real reason to think it won't be ok.

Happy hump day everyone.
    • Roz_V
    • By Roz_V 1st Jun 17, 9:08 PM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 3,259 Thanks
    Roz_V
    Hello everyone - another one moving over from the less than 12wk thread. I'm 12+6 today, a few days behind Timefies and Twentysomethinggirl.

Parents, siblings, close friends and family know now - it STILL doesn't feel real, almost like I'm fibbing to people Next big hurdle is to tell my boss next week... he's based in the US and so this is the first time I've seen him since a few days after I found out. I've only worked there since April so hopefully he doesn't take it too badly!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,528Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter