Saving for Xmas 2015! A pound a day :-)

MrCrimeFiction
MrCrimeFiction Posts: 393 Forumite
edited 25 November 2015 at 3:59PM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Lovely to meet you :wave:,please sit down and have a little read of what I think is going to be an amazing and beneficial challenge for all :rotfl:

:D This is the "Saving for Xmas 2015! A pound a day :-)" challenge :D

The aim: To save £1 a day from 1st December 2014, whether it be a £1 coin into a jar or moving it across in an online saver, it really doesn't matter . We will then open the jar or have access to the online account on 1st December 2015 and spend spend spend for all our loved ones Xmas presents.

I will be using my phone banking app and transferring over £1 everyday into my ISA. This way I can watch it grow and see that I'm physically saving. This way, if I have an emergency or am in dire need of money, I have quick access to it.

This thread is the new and improved "2014 - £365 in 365 days!" thread. Lots of people did fantastic on it throughout the year which is why it's back for population demand.

£365 is a fair chunk of change for Xmas shopping and I already have an idea what I'm going to spend it on. Think about it people, this could actually be the year you can surprise your kids / partner with a fantastic present :dance:

Get your names on the list people, this is going to be a busy and exciting road ahead :grin:

In order to see the spreadsheet after you have submitted the form, you will either have to sign into your google account or sign up for one. Once this has been done you will have to request access to the spreadsheet. I will then add your email to the list of approved persons who can view the document. :)

You cannot break the spreadsheet. A few people have been saying that they don't want to touch it incase it all goes wrong. Only I can change/edit it. You will be able to open it up in an excel document and view it only. Don't be afraid of it. If you haven't already, request permission and have a look, it's very colourful :rotfl:

If your interested in following my saving/debt busting progress, check out my diary HERE

Happy Savings :xmassmile | Happy Xmas :santa2: | Happy New Year :snow_laug

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Saving for that dream holiday

Comments

• MrCrimeFiction
    MrCrimeFiction Posts: 393 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2015 at 3:58PM
    Here is a sample of the spreadsheet.

imagejpg1.jpg

Request permission and be sable to view it fully!
    Saving for that dream holiday
  • I'm in! I've got my tin all ready and waiting :-)
  • I'm in x - need to go and buy my tin :rotfl:

Happy saving everyone
    Meowhouse SPC #7 no 199 £560.58
    :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin :staradmin My beautiful shiny stars from Sue xx
    £1 a day challenge 2014 £365/365
    No 18 £1 a day 2015 started £7/365 in the pot £31/365 in the ISA
    Got to start somewhere! :j
    Merry Christmas everybody :xmastree:
  • I am going to use my bear piggy bank and put £1 coin a day in and save it all for Christmas 2015.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Link to soa: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

#1 1p savings challenge 2024 £110.26/£671.61
    #1 Save £12k in 2024 £3850/ £12000
  • What a great idea. Would make next year so much easier.
    Not sure how I'll do it (online/jar) but I'm in.
    2 adults groceries: June £35.79/£200
    # 3 - Saving for Xmas 2015 £1 a day. £122/£365
    TTC #1 since 06/08/12
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm in - tin ready and waiting!!! Are we starting 1st December?
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • Count me in please, this would help me to be much more prepared for Xmas next year. :)
    CC1: £1000 £826
    CC2: £4500 £4195
    Wedding Loan: £6200 £5443
    Car Loan: £10000 £5066
    Very: £200 £50
    Total: £21900 £15580
  • sweetme
    sweetme Posts: 13,829
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    Count me in please!
  • benten69
    benten69 Posts: 366
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Put my name down for this please. I'll also be transferring money online as I'm doing the SPC with savings tins.
  • dizzybee
    dizzybee Posts: 1,415
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Put my name down please.

SPC no:076
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income