🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

"Sky TV price will increase on 1 September 2013 by up to 10% in accordance with our s

Options
As above up to 10% increase!

I think that's a little bit steep and it's going to cause a lot of churn I expect.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bloody title is too long, should read;
    "Sky TV price will increase on 1 September 2013 by up to 10% in accordance with our standard terms."
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Could have just had the title as "Sky TV prices increase by 10% on 1 Sept", then use the thread for more info.
  • Marker_2
    Marker_2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Options
    Where did you hear this?
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Marker wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?
    It's on the Sky website under every Sky customer's account details.
    They quote
    "Sky TV price will increase on 1 September 2013 by up to 10% in accordance with our standard terms."
    Could have just had the title as "Sky TV prices increase by 10% on 1 Sept", then use the thread for more info.
    Yes, but didn't realise it was too long until I posted, then found I couldn't edit.
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cancel, sports are a con and films are better and cheaper on Lovefilm.
  • eljmayes
    eljmayes Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    Pretty obvious that this was going to happen given the amount of money that they have paid for the Premier League rights.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    eljmayes wrote: »
    Pretty obvious that this was going to happen given the amount of money that they have paid for the Premier League rights.
    They make healthy profits despite paying through the nose for soccer. I would have thought they'd have tried to keep prices down with the threat of BT looming....
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    In what sense is that steep? Have they increased the price every year in addition to this bump? Have none of the elements had price cuts? 10% is about the CPI increase since 2010.
  • ihateyes
    ihateyes Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    what can i get then in september!

I already have movies free for 6 months (also had free for prev 12mths) and my bill is already on a reduced price off £33 instead of £55 til oct/nov
    Promo codes are never always cheaper..... isnt that right EuropCar?
  • smjxm09
    smjxm09 Posts: 663 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2013 at 4:10PM
    Options
    The greed of $$$$$ky knows no bounds. The company is already making over a billion in profits which is up 9% but that is not enough. No doubt the directors are feeling the squeeze and need even higher bonuses.
    I just hope enough people downgrade as most people will be lucky to get a 2% pay rise this year but if they cough up an extra 10% $ky will know that they can keep increasing the bills well above inflation.

As per their T&C any increase over 10% voids the contract which means you can leave without penalty, which is why they will stick to 10%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport