🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Do you think sex is important in a relationship?

Options
I really do.

It may seem controversial but I find people who say that it is not important maybe they have just grown accustomed to the fact that their partner is not as highly sexed as they are.

What sort of things in everyday life do you find affects a person's libido or love life? I think lack of money, employment, children, health worries, anxiety and stress.

Do you think !!!!!! has a serious effect on relationships? I find they do if you pay more attention to that, than you do your partner.

Feel free to respond and post your own questions for other to follow up and answer.
DEBTFREE AND PROUD!!

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I think sex while important in a relationship is not as important as media etc would have you believe. I think that if the relationship is going well then sex is not as important but when the relationship is not going well then it takes on a much greater importance as it seems to be a measure of the whole relationship.

Yes !!!!!! has a serious effect on relationships and is not something that I would be happy with my OH looking at in any way.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    There are ocassions where sex may be difficult for one person, so they have to come to the view that sex has to take 2nd place in a relationship.

I would rather be happy with someone now and settled then swinging off the wardrobe. x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what is important is that everyone in the relationship have a similar or compatible attitude to sex.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Not at all.
    For medical reasons I am now impotent, has it changed the relationship with my OH, not at all. If anything we are closer
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It may seem controversial but I find people who say that it is not important maybe they have just grown accustomed to the fact that their partner is not as highly sexed as they are.

Not controversial, but not terribly logical either.

Why the assumption that one partner must always be 'highly sexed'?
  • Better_Off_1983
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    Not controversial, but not terribly logical either.

Why the assumption that one partner must always be 'highly sexed'?

Sorry, I meant not sexually compatible or in tune with each other. For example if one party is 'in the mood' and at the same time the other person is not.
    DEBTFREE AND PROUD!!
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    Emmzi wrote: »
    what is important is that everyone in the relationship have a similar or compatible attitude to sex.

^^^
    This.

It really depends on the people involved and what is important to each of them.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • VK-2008
    VK-2008 Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    it really depends on the couple, i have been with my husband 7 years having sex pretty much from a few months into our relationship at the start we would be at it upto 4-5 times a day now we go through phases where it can be once or twice a month up to a few times a week. it really depends on our shifts and what is going on in life
    we have had a difficult time trying to concieve a child and that put a stress on us but we just keep talking
    i think communication is the best thing in relationship as oppose to sex
    as for !!!!!! i have absolutely no issues with my husband looking at it, i dont see why it would be forbidden . i think it can be healthy
    i would be concerned if he thought !!!!!! was real life if that makes sense and he thought that was the way things should be.
    :A VK :A
  • Gingham_R
    Gingham_R Posts: 1,660 Forumite
    Options
    I really do.

Or they actually don't think it's important or they are not as highly sexed as their partner or they have other things on their mind or...

What sort of things in everyday life do you find affects a person's libido or love life? I think lack of money, employment, children, health worries, anxiety and stress.
    Health, pregnancy, exercise, affection, length of relationship, previous relationships, past, attitudes towards intimacy, disagreements, tiredness - how long is a piece of string?
    Do you think !!!!!! has a serious effect on relationships? I find they do if you pay more attention to that, than you do your partner. Depends on the relationship, people involved and whether they share the same views on it.

Feel free to respond and post your own questions for other to follow up and answer.

Is sex important in relationships? Is eating together? Is going out together? Is having children? Is being 'faithful'? Is having time apart? I think the answer to any such question is that it depends on the people involved and whether their views are compatible.

It's important if it's important, it's not if it's not. :D
    Just because it says so in the Mail, doesn't make it true.

I've got ADHD. You can ask me about it but I may not remember to answer...
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I think its important in that it should happen now and then, it doesnt have to be penetration just some form of intimacy, even just mutual masturbation at times. Sometimes I'm not in the mood and I encourage him to pleasure himself, sometimes just that gets me in the mood lol

!!!!!! doesnt bother me, we usually look at it together. I dont understand why people are offended by !!!!!! but each to their own.

Hope I havent shared too much lol
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport