Northern Rock PPI Letter

Options
Hi all

I have received a letter today from Northern Rock's PPI Review Team inviting me to request a review of the sale of my PPI policy on a loan of approx £25,000 taken out in 2006 if I think I was mis-sold the policy. There is a very short form to fill in just asking for a contact number asking me to tick a selection from 8 boxes provided that might suggest a review is in order. I have ticked the following:

3) I was not made aware that I would not receive a proportionate refund of the cost of the PPI policy if I cancelled before the end of the loan term
5) Any existing PPI policies or other means I had of making the monthly loan payments were not taken into account
7) I was unduly pressured to include PPI during the sales process.

The total value of the PPI policy is in excess of £3,000 plus the 8% interest that can also be claimed. Just wondered whether anyone else had received a similar letter and also if it could really be this easy to get the money back?? I have never bought any kind of insurance policy without feeling pressured by a sales person and would really welcome the refund now.

Comments

• paid_too_much
    Options
    :Tthat sounds good
    MBNA Upheld £20,663.63 2/11/11, cheque recieved 25/11/11 :j
    Capital One Upheld 11/11/11 £2793.21 cheque recieved 2/12/11 :j
    Santander rejected by them 11/11/11, counter rejected by me 17/11/11. x2 letters advising they need another 4 weeks and then another rejection:rotfl:
  • stressedmummy2
    Options
    yes i recieved the same letter, i rang them and sent in the boxes info, just to make sure thay got it. not sure how long it will take or if i get anything. they told me they would respond back by letter, so heres waiting.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    NRAM are excellent with mis sell claims,they will be dealt with and payment back to you (if due) within the time allocated for a claim.
    The refund will be paid into the bank account of your choice and if you have a live loan with arrears,they give you the option of having the refund taken off the loan or refunded to you.
  • BLUEBIE
    BLUEBIE Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    I got this letter too, I was going to tick all the boxes as I never knew I had PPI with my loan, thats not to say they didn't mention it, I just can't remember. Does anyone know if you can tick all the boxes to be checked?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    BLUEBIE wrote: »
    I got this letter too, I was going to tick all the boxes as I never knew I had PPI with my loan, thats not to say they didn't mention it, I just can't remember. Does anyone know if you can tick all the boxes to be checked?

If all boxes apply then you tick them. if they do not, then you dont.

If you cannot remember then you should state on the form. Don't lie as that can work against you (i.e. you say something wasnt done but they prove it was then they can hold that against you and show that you are unreliable at best or trying to put in a fraudulent complaint at worst).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received a similar letter, however the pre-paid envelope had a London address and an 0800 Telephone number

NRAM PPI Review Team,
    PO Box 68596,
    London
    EC2P 2LA

0800 294 6744

I was expecting a Gosforth Address, and a 0191 Number.

Is this letter genuine or a fraud ?
  • Tabatha_Kitten
    Options
    I too have received one of these and can say in all honesty did not know I had ppi on the loan. I just remember that the repayments quoted fitted in with my budget so I signed the forms. There was no conversation about ppi whatsoever.
    I dont have the paperwork anymore as the loan ended a few years back but Im guessing I will have signed something agreeing to it which they will have a copy of and therefore I do not have any claim.
    Is it worth me sending the forms back telling them this or am I just going to make myself look an idiot for not reading the small print ?
  • BLUEBIE
    BLUEBIE Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    I wasn't aware I had PPI on the loan either, I have no paperwork, it could be that I did know at the time but it was a while ago. If i phone them will they have a copy of something that I would have had to have signed?
  • palmerman
    Options
    My partner has had a PPI from Northern Rock since 2003. How do I go about reclaiming? She is self employed & was told she had to take out the policy to get the mortgage. Does any one have an appropriate phone number for Northern Rock or able to help?
  • chris.jones43
    Options
    Hi
    I have recently received the same letter
    I have an existing loan with EGG and a loan which finished last year but that was with Loyds TSB, is there any connection to Northern Rock with either of these 2 companies? If so then I will select which boxes to tick and send it away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure