Home firesides/fires galore illegally trading

Options
Fires Galore are now trading as Home Firesides!!! Beware they are fraudsters. I purchased a fire online through them 2 weeks ago and I haven't received the goods. Apparently they went bankrupt as Fires Galore in 2010 but now are trading as Home Firesides Ltd. I am not sure if I have lost my money as I paid with a visa debit card, but hope to get it back through the Visa debit claw back scheme. They are still trading and taking payments on their website...DON'T touch them with a bargepole.

Does anyone know how or if it's possible to take down their website?

L

Comments

• MeanParent
    Options
    How are they trading illegally?

Have you tried to contact them?

Deliveries may be delayed whilst they await goods from their suppliers. Their website clearly says Home Firesides Ltd at the bottom and includes contact details.
  • essex1990
    Options
    They were liquidized in 2010 ... and were still taking orders from customers after that process had started.
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Options
    essex1990 wrote: »
    They were liquidized in 2010 ... and were still taking orders from customers after that process had started.

I think you mean, they were placed into liquidation, being liquidised is a little more harsh :)
  • essex1990
    Options
    vuvuzela wrote: »
    I think you mean, they were placed into liquidation, being liquidised is a little more harsh :)

still shouldn't have been taking orders they knew damn well and had no intention of full-filling though. Im pretty sure that is called fraud.
  • golfer123
    Options
    They are fraudsters. I placed an order 2 weeks ago and have rang and emailed on a daily basis. All you get when you phone is an answerphone message saying all their sales people are busy and they will phone you back and no response to the emails.

Do not buy anything from them as you will not get your products.

I am hoping to get my money back through the visa credit but have to wait 30days from date of order!
  • golfer123
    Options
    see my response do not buy from them
  • hard-up_5
    Options
    I have tried phoning everyday constantly, have left messages at all times, emailed them numerous times then contacted the trading standards. Apparently they are known to be taking money through a website and never deliver the goods. It's just a website with a shopping cart! They started trading again in July under the new name-I checked at companies house. The registered address is 19-21 Clare rd Halifax if you're interested!.
    Trading standards are investigating and i have contacted World Pay systems to let them know what they are doing and hopefully they'll investigate. Would be interesting to see if they are paying their VAT. Next stop 'Google'!!

Why your comment?
  • AndiePRC
    Options
    I ordered a fire from this crook over a week ago and left numerous messages regarding delivery and received no reply, his answer phone as you all know is always on and nearly always full.
    So today I did some digging and have his accountants, details his full name and home address and home phone number.
    Am I allowed to post these or is that against forum rules?

To make matters worse i called him at home tonight and he said "wrong number D*ckhead!!"

I've spoken to the police and they advised ringing trading standards and the bank.

I am going to hunt this muppet down and reap revenge.
  • AndiePRC
    Options
    hard-up wrote: »
    The registered address is 19-21 Clare rd Halifax if you're interested!.
    Why your comment?

this is the address of there old accountants who i believe are trying to distance themselves from him.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    essex1990 wrote: »

The new orders likely went through the new company.

Phoenixing isn't illegal if done correctly. However, morally there is a big debate! It is though abused by many in th know.

I do feel for all that have lost hundreds of pounds as a result of this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure