Do not buy from Nicecans.co.uk

237 Posts: 18 Forumite
I had purchased a bluetooth headset for my mobile phone which was a Jabra headset. The head set finally came after about a week and i was shocked when i opened the box. The ad did not state second hand. What they had done was the charger that comes with it was not a Jabra charger but a third party charger. The head set had just been placed in bubble wrap inside the box. No spare gels with the head set either. On looking at it the item had been used and there were scratches on the headset or ear piece should i say. Anyway it did not charge and does not work no charge totally useless. I was fuming that this company had sent me a second hand item. I had paid for it through this new Google pay thing. I always use paypal as at least you have some redress if things go wrong. I got stung!
So now i cannot get my money back.. Despite the site informing of the way the refund procedure works they never answer any emails, 6 emails sent to date and not a dicky bird. So i contacted them on their number and everytime you get an answerphone left dozens of messages and not one has even been replied to.
so i am warning anyone else of buying anything off that website and give it a wide birth. NIce Cans which is the site name has had plenty of time to come back to me and their service is absolutely rubbish.
the site link is
http://www.nicecans.co.uk/
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    When did you order the things?

When were they delivered?

Have you read about Distance Selling Regulations?
    Try the thread entitled READ ME FIRST PLEASE . . . Useful links, Resources and FAQs for details.

Write them a real letter.
    The Contact Us page on their website gives an address.
  • Darksun
    Darksun Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    The whois entry for that site lists them as a non trading individual, naughty naughty.
  • Yes, they've ripped me off as well. No goods at all with me and no refund. Please complain to eveyone you can about this company/website - the more people who complain the more likely something will be done.
  • Hi,

This is the first time I've ever had a problem with an online retailer, so I guess I've been lucky, but it makes me so angry that 'retailers' like nicecans.co.uk exist. Since my goods never arrived and nor did my refund I've been investigating a bit. They're not very sophisticated - it seems they either send you faulty goods and don't replace or refund, or don't send you anything and don't refund.

They also flood the review sites with positive reviews as soon as something negative is posted. It seems they used to trade as Odds as Pods and were closed down.

I've given up on the idea of getting my £30 back, but who can I alert to this? As they say they're based in Southampton and Portsmouth, should I alert the relevant trading standards?
  • wealdroam
    I've given up on the idea of getting my £30 back, but who can I alert to this? As they say they're based in Southampton and Portsmouth, should I alert the relevant trading standards?
    Not sure why you have given up on getting your money back.
    There are ideas on the other thread you have posted on.
    Why have you started another thread?

Their office is in the Borough of Fareham.
    Details on how to contact the appropriate TS are given here.
  • 1. Not sure why you have given up on getting your money back.
    2. There are ideas on the other thread you have posted on.
    3. Why have you started another thread?

1. Because they are not a genuine retailer being difficult. They are fraudsters. They are not going to give me a refund just because I complain. I expect they will take down their website and start under another name, as they have done before.

2/3. I'm sorry, as you can see I am new to the boards. As I had a different complaint about nicecans.co.uk I thought I would start a new thread. Also, 237s thread did not mention the retailer's name in the title, which is what people see first. I would like to help people from making the same mistake I did and placing an order with them.

Thank you for supplying me with the contact details of Trading Standards.
  • wealdroam
    I've given up on the idea of getting my £30 back...
    How did you pay?
    When did you pay?

If you paid by credit or debit card there is still hope.
    The amount you paid is too small to use Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act to recover your money (only applicable for a credit card anyway), but you could investigate the card issuer's chargeback scheme.

There's a bit at the bottom of MSE's Section 75 Refunds article about the card company's chargeback schemes.

If you paid by Paypal, there is a time limit but a refund might be possible.
  • tomwakefield
    tomwakefield Posts: 8,036 Forumite
    Please note you must get approval from MSE before posting as a representative of a company.
    Competition wins: Where's Wally Goody Bag, Club badge branded football, Nivea for Men Goody Bag
  • tomwakefield
    tomwakefield Posts: 8,036 Forumite
    I can't find a company name or number on the site. Suspicious.
    Competition wins: Where's Wally Goody Bag, Club badge branded football, Nivea for Men Goody Bag
  • I ordered from nicecans and had a problem wit the headphones I ordered. They remote was not comopatible with my HTC. I called them and they were very helpful.

They emailed me the return details and advised which I would be best changing them for. I sent them back (nicecans paid also) and I was sent the replacement in 3 days and had a refund for the difference.

I found them to be very helpful and the refund was received within 5 days as they explained. I would use the website again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure