PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

UPDATED *its done!*Our buyer wants to bury their dead dog in our garden

Options

Comments

• ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My brother bought a house in New Zealand and a previous owner was buried in the garden. (Legally)
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • mitchb
    mitchb Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thread of the year ? :T
  • LillythePink
    Options
    OMG - I have been crying at this

Some of the one liners have been brilliant!

If this is all true...

One thing though - how do they know that the dog will still be there when they move in?

Who's to say that you haven't moved it or got rid of it in the meantime?

If this isn't a wind up, then I would seriously get something in writing from them etc with pics, incase, when the sale goes through (if it still does) they then complain about the dog buried where the pond was....environmental health issue etc etc!
  • guitar63
    guitar63 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Can't wait for the next instalment! I have been laughing out loud since I came across this thread at 5.00p.m. The pictures that are going through my head with every read post are mad!!
    Whatever next......??!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Id pop round next door, and explain...

Fast..
  • henpecked1
    henpecked1 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    no more update, except the neighbour has popped round to ask "are we having work done"

I have just told him (as he is elderly) that we are having the pond filled in.

The daughter used the loo and commented that I should top up the water in the bath as it doesnt look deep. Nice fish she said.
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    I bet that the neighbours are already hanging out of the bedroom window, wait until the dog arrives, and the service starts. Do you have a portable CD to use in the garden? you could play "Ben" (I know it was a rat, but the sentiment is the same!!)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Has the jcb and skip arrived yet?
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So let me just get this straight, in your garden now, is the body of a dead Great Dane that doesn't actually belong to either of the people who 'potentially' are buying your house...it's their daughters dog.

So over the next few weeks you'll be staring at the mound in your garden, where your fishpond used to be, hoping the sale goes through and that your wife won't mind too much.

Erm... best of british to you.:D
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • henpecked1
    henpecked1 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Triker wrote: »
    So let me just get this straight, in your garden now, is the body of a dead Great Dane that doesn't actually belong to either of the people who 'potentially' are buying your house...it's their daughters dog.

So over the next few weeks you'll be staring at the mound in your garden, where your fishpond used to be, hoping the sale goes through and that your wife won't mind too much.

Erm... best of british to you.:D

the dog isnt here yet. Right now the man is kneeling on a bit of cloth hacking away at the concrete whilst the daughter is sat on my table and chair set drinking her tea. I am sat here starving wondering why i answered the door this morning.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure