PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

UPDATED *its done!*Our buyer wants to bury their dead dog in our garden

Options

Comments

• QTPie
    QTPie Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    If this REALLY is true (not that I would call you a liar, but it ust all seems so hilariously bizzare!) please post some photos (one of the flooded back garden and one of the koi in the bath should be good enough - don't need to see the dead dog...).

;)

QT
  • gazzak_2
    gazzak_2 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cracking thread. Best wind up I've read on these boards in years :D.
  • Milliewilly
    Milliewilly Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    Options
    gazzak wrote: »
    Cracking thread. Best wind up I've read on these boards in years :D.

Yep - we need photos of the emptying pond with a copy of today's newspaper or I'm crying FAKE as entertaining as it's been.
  • ninky_2
    ninky_2 Posts: 5,872 Forumite
    Options
    are you sure it's a dog? i mean if you've only seen a little bit of fur? do you have contact details (address etc) for the buyer? will you see the great dane before they bury it?

not being funny but if these people only put an offer in 2 weeks ago how do you know you're not being set up for something? they could bury the so-called great dane in your garden, then pull out of the sale assuming you'll never dig up the pond again anyway. no one is any the wiser over what is hidden under the old garden pond....
    Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves. - Lord Byron
  • Glitzkiss
    Glitzkiss Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    Options
    Subscribes to thread :D
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ninky wrote: »
    are you sure it's a dog? i mean if you've only seen a little bit of fur? do you have contact details (address etc) for the buyer? will you see the great dane before they bury it?

not being funny but if these people only put an offer in 2 weeks ago how do you know you're not being set up for something? they could bury the so-called great dane in your garden, then pull out of the sale assuming you'll never dig up the pond again anyway. no one is any the wiser over what is hidden under the old garden pond....
    seems a bit of a hassle to go throught to get rid of the wife lol

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for brightening up my day! I too am looking forward to the pics ;).

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • Nessynoo
    Nessynoo Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Henpecked, just think of all the good karma that will be coming your way after agreeing to all this!
    "It's official, MSE's harbouring total fruitcakes"
    >^..^<
  • puddy
    puddy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    Options
    is it their dog? have you asked for pet paperwork, pedigree proof etc. is the dog microchipped.....
  • Nessynoo
    Nessynoo Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Following on ffrom Puddy's post, do you know why/how the dog died?
    "It's official, MSE's harbouring total fruitcakes"
    >^..^<
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills