Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Phones & TV > Mobiles > Who are TMTI and why are they taking money from m... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Who are TMTI and why are they taking money from me?
Views: 58,156
# 1
cjtouhey
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Who are TMTI and why are they taking money from me?

hello there i recently got a 24 month phone contract from dial(a)phone
which costs 25 pounds per month and one month free insurance from Dial(a)cover which after one month goes up to 6.99 per month from then. i just got a message through halifaxes paper free document saying TMTI are trying to take 17.99 from my account and no where in my entire contract does it say that TMTI are alowed to take that money seeing as the monthly charge for my insurance is 6.99 im well confused can some one help im 20 years old and im not experienced with how to sort things like this out.

thanks guys from christiopher
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
DarkConvict
Old 12-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Ive never heard of them, but a few hits on the web suggest it is something to do with your new dialaphone contract. I would get in touch with dialaphone as you do not pay dialaphone anything.

There is dialacover (which shows up as Policy admin as a DD) and then the DD to your network provider i.e. orange, 02, vodafone etc.

There is also the gadget helpline they run, have you cancelled all the free trial addon that dialaphone include, if you dont cancel them you get charged.

I took out my first contract with dialaphone when i was 20 as well
Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies

Last edited by DarkConvict; 12-05-2010 at 12:17 AM.
# 3
adrianelliott
Old 12-05-2010, 12:27 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Yep, TMTI Ltd provide 'gadget support'.

If you look carefully at an item when it is added to the shopping basket on Dial-A-Phone, there is a message which mentions 'free' insurance. But above it is a hidden menu accessed via 'Show all package details', in here it tells you that the phone includes "FREE Gadget Helpline Support for 1 month - thereafter 17.94 every six months, cancellable at any time."

http://www.tmti.net/ Main website

https://secure.tmti.net/vip/default.asp This is the cancellation URL but you need a reference number from the letter they should have sent.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adrianelliott For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
mobilejunkie
Old 12-05-2010, 8:21 AM

It's sent in an email. May well have gone into "Junk" and disappeared by now. They should be able to find you by your postcode. You can call them on:-

01373 839990
# 5
hawkwinddotcom
Old 25-05-2010, 9:38 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Bunch of sneaky phuckers, They have no record of a convo between me and them cancelling it.
Mine was sent up through mobiles.co.uk part of carphone warehouse.

If you have just had the payment taken and call to cancel, your cancellation starts straight away. Not when the 17.94 ends in 6 months.

TMTI don't use or trust them
# 6
silver shamrock
Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Tmti are scammers

This wont really help the people who have already been charged by these robbers but it might help those still in the 30 day free period. I set up a new account with dialaphone and got the free 30 day gadget helpline (tmti) included about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting on the welcome letter with the ref code to cancel the contract so i emailed the vip@tmti.net to tell them i wanted to cancel but didnt have the ref number as they hadnt sent me a letter. No reply so i emailed them again, and again and today was the 6th email to them with no reply. Ive tried ringing the helpline but they are always "currently receiving a high level of calls" I checked to see if there were any new direct debits set up in my bank account but the only one there was 'policy service admin' which is the insurance for dialaphone which ive already cancelled. Apparently tmti wait until the last minute to set up the direct debit and then withdraw the 17.54 before you get a chance to cancel it, crafty gets. So ive emailed consumer direct to let them know about tmti's practises, printed off every email i've sent to them and just contacted my bank to ask if they can stop a direct debit from being set up and glory be they can!! So just ring your bank and tell them to stop any direct debits from a company called tmti and they wont be able to steal your money!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to silver shamrock For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Adam73
Old 19-06-2010, 5:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi

I just had the same problem - naughty people they are... Anyhoo, luckily I found the email they had sent me when I took out my contract (there are a few benefits of being disorganised and not clearing out your inbox!) that had the reference number on it so was OK to cancel.

However, it might be helpful to those people who have lost / binned a letter from them with their reference number, but I noticed when looking at my bank statement, that my reference number that I used to cancel the policy was the same as the reference against the transaction on the bank account, without the last numbers after the dash - i.e. my reference on my email was (for example) MOBI123456, while on my bank statement it was MOBI123456-001. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Adam
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam73 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
johnnyroper
Old 19-06-2010, 7:36 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

TMTI talk me through it i think is what they are called,they used to charge a fee so you could ring them and they give advice on how to use your handset,if they are the same outfit then it looks like they are doing some stupid repair plan then?

as far as i am aware they have always been rip off merchants who use underhand and sneaky tactics to extract peoples money,they have a link to some phone sales companies who seem to include the plan without telling you.

I had dealings with them some years ago after getting a new phone from one of the adverts in paper cannot remember the name of companyu though.
# 9
mobilejunkie
Old 19-06-2010, 10:13 PM

It's plainly stated at the point of sale that TMTI is included. You don't need a reference number; your postcode is quite sufficient.
# 10
flinnigan
Old 21-06-2010, 8:54 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default money took from my acc

i too have had this problem but unlike any of u i have not received a handset email or anything and found out this morn that just over 17 has been took from my acc!! oo roll on 9am till them fookers hear me
# 11
jturner30
Old 24-06-2010, 1:51 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Tmti

I've had the same problem. TMTI have just taken 17.94 from my bank account and I didn't have a clue who they were. I've just spoken to the bank who gave me a number to call them on (0844 499 4744). I just called TMTI and they have now cancelled the DD and will refund the latest payment. Apparently, they are a technical support helpline working with your mobile phone provider. On my contract (- apparently! I actually didn't see it!) there was a free 30 day trial and then it stated 17.94 per 6 months thereafter. Worth giving them a call - they cancelled my contract with no questions.
# 12
flyer
Old 25-06-2010, 8:43 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

You don't need to go to the trouble of calling them. Just cancel the DD.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
# 13
flyingscotno1
Old 25-06-2010, 9:30 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer View Post
You don't need to go to the trouble of calling them. Just cancel the DD.
That won't refund you the initial payment if taken though.
# 14
mobilejunkie
Old 25-06-2010, 11:43 AM

Lots of flyers!

1) Never cancel the direct debit without cancelling the "service" first - or the "trouble" you save yourself may well be as nothing compared to the new trouble you invite.

2) Yes, they will.
# 15
bunty109
Old 25-06-2010, 9:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Just been caught out by this too. If you go to www.gadgethelpline.com and scroll to the bottom of the screen you can click on cancellations. You need to input your reference (Get from the code on your DD that has been set up) and your account number and e-mail address, then it cancels. Thanks to a lovely lady at my bank for searching the internet and hinting I should look on MSE - hadn't thought to check with you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to bunty109 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
vodca_ice
Old 05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodca_ice View Post
Please Can Some One Help Me Regarding ( ITMI )
Who the hell is ( ITMI ) and were do they get your information from
Im a vitcum of there's too!!! me or my bank dosen't no who they are there isen't any refrence number or phone number so just typed into find out who they are and found this forum page about your experiance's haven't bought anything regarding any contract phone's or any goods on a contract or signed up to any extened service's on anything ive bought but this company as set up a DD on my account took 29-98 i am livid as i dont even use my card on the internet the bank as stopped any more payment's to them but to me this is fraud
This is why im hoping some one can help me trace them im just frightened they may lie low for a while then pounce again how an earth they have got my detail's baffle's me plus them having my card detail's they could buy goods im name
I am at my wit's end now this company needs to be really sorted out any info from any one of you would be most helpful to me and my bank ive read some of your feedback's but i haven't got nothing to go on with not having any detail's regarding ref number's please!!! please!!! help
THANK YOU
Chris
They want stringing up
# 17
Raven
Old 05-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Vodca_ice

If you click on the link in bunty109's post before your post it will bring you to their website or clink on this link to obtain their contact details

http://www.gadgethelpline.com/contact.html

Explain to them that you are not aware of having signed up to their service and I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

Raven
# 18
vodca_ice
Old 06-08-2010, 1:48 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

hi raven thank you for your reply
but i am new to this forum but i didn't want to reply to bunty109 i just wanted it as a message for help as there's nothing i can do as i haven't signed up with this company but they have got my credit card detail's from some were when i haven't used my card on the internet at all
i have been on there site just now but it is asking for my ref number wich i don't even have with me not signing up with them it was mainly info i wanted to no just how many sites dose this company cover ive never heard of this company nor as my bank the only sites ive gone on is to register to join forum's and my email address
if i have experiened same as other people and i can help them with but that dosen't entail putting your card detail's onto i do hope you can understand my concern also no one else as my Credit card detail's its not shared with any one else this site what i found was the only site i thought i could get the info im after as this could end up in involving the fraud squad as i tried to explain in my message they could use my card to buy from but i do appreciate your reply
vodca-ice
# 19
vodca_ice
Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default got old of them give them what for

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotno1 View Post
That won't refund you the initial payment if taken though.
i have just got old of this company they have cancelled the DD but what they didn't no i already had cancelled it just found out it was for a mobile i got back in 2005 wich was bought in cash from E2 Save i cant get my money back though they slipped up and told me what it was for after all this time they suddenly take a payment they wont get any more from me now im going to take it futher i intened getting it back one way or the other

vodca-ice
# 20
sensibilis
Old 19-08-2010, 11:18 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default TMTI cancelling Gadget helpline

TMTI owns Gadget Helpline for which you get a free 30 day trial with your mobile which is clearly stated on the shopping basket..if you cant be bothered to read your deal then that is your problem.
The Gadget helpline is teamed up with THE TIMES, BBC RADIO and many other reputable organisations and are not scam or scammers. If you follow the procedure to cancel at gadgethelpline.com you will have nop problem cancelling//

I had no such problems and the staff were efficient and friendly.
SS