Who are TMTI and why are they taking money from me?

hello there i recently got a 24 month phone contract from dial(a)phone
which costs £25 pounds per month and one month free insurance from Dial(a)cover which after one month goes up to £6.99 per month from then. i just got a message through halifaxes paper free document saying TMTI are trying to take £17.99 from my account and no where in my entire contract does it say that TMTI are alowed to take that money seeing as the monthly charge for my insurance is £6.99 im well confused can some one help im 20 years old and im not experienced with how to sort things like this out.

thanks guys from christiopher

Comments

• DarkConvict
    DarkConvict Posts: 6,338
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 May 2010 at 11:17PM
    Ive never heard of them, but a few hits on the web suggest it is something to do with your new dialaphone contract. I would get in touch with dialaphone as you do not pay dialaphone anything.

There is dialacover (which shows up as Policy admin as a DD) and then the DD to your network provider i.e. orange, 02, vodafone etc.

There is also the gadget helpline they run, have you cancelled all the free trial addon that dialaphone include, if you dont cancel them you get charged.

I took out my first contract with dialaphone when i was 20 as well ;)
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • Yep, TMTI Ltd provide 'gadget support'.

If you look carefully at an item when it is added to the shopping basket on Dial-A-Phone, there is a message which mentions 'free' insurance. But above it is a hidden menu accessed via 'Show all package details', in here it tells you that the phone includes "FREE Gadget Helpline Support for 1 month - thereafter £17.94 every six months, cancellable at any time."

http://www.tmti.net/ Main website

https://secure.tmti.net/vip/default.asp This is the cancellation URL but you need a reference number from the letter they should have sent.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    It's sent in an email. May well have gone into "Junk" and disappeared by now. They should be able to find you by your postcode. You can call them on:-

01373 839990
  • Bunch of sneaky phuckers, They have no record of a convo between me and them cancelling it.
    Mine was sent up through mobiles.co.uk part of carphone warehouse.

If you have just had the payment taken and call to cancel, your cancellation starts straight away. Not when the £17.94 ends in 6 months.

TMTI don't use or trust them
    3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
    30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
    Gloucester
  • This wont really help the people who have already been charged by these robbers but it might help those still in the 30 day free period. I set up a new account with dialaphone and got the free 30 day gadget helpline (tmti) included about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting on the welcome letter with the ref code to cancel the contract so i emailed the [EMAIL="vip@tmti.net"][email protected][/EMAIL] to tell them i wanted to cancel but didnt have the ref number as they hadnt sent me a letter. No reply so i emailed them again, and again and today was the 6th email to them with no reply. Ive tried ringing the helpline but they are always "currently receiving a high level of calls" I checked to see if there were any new direct debits set up in my bank account but the only one there was 'policy service admin' which is the insurance for dialaphone which ive already cancelled. Apparently tmti wait until the last minute to set up the direct debit and then withdraw the £17.54 before you get a chance to cancel it, crafty gets. So ive emailed consumer direct to let them know about tmti's practises, printed off every email i've sent to them and just contacted my bank to ask if they can stop a direct debit from being set up and glory be they can!! :T So just ring your bank and tell them to stop any direct debits from a company called tmti and they wont be able to steal your money!!!
  • Hi

I just had the same problem - naughty people they are... Anyhoo, luckily I found the email they had sent me when I took out my contract (there are a few benefits of being disorganised and not clearing out your inbox!) that had the reference number on it so was OK to cancel.

However, it might be helpful to those people who have lost / binned a letter from them with their reference number, but I noticed when looking at my bank statement, that my reference number that I used to cancel the policy was the same as the reference against the transaction on the bank account, without the last numbers after the dash - i.e. my reference on my email was (for example) MOBI123456, while on my bank statement it was MOBI123456-001. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Adam
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    TMTI talk me through it i think is what they are called,they used to charge a fee so you could ring them and they give advice on how to use your handset,if they are the same outfit then it looks like they are doing some stupid repair plan then?

as far as i am aware they have always been rip off merchants who use underhand and sneaky tactics to extract peoples money,they have a link to some phone sales companies who seem to include the plan without telling you.

I had dealings with them some years ago after getting a new phone from one of the adverts in paper cannot remember the name of companyu though.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    It's plainly stated at the point of sale that TMTI is included. You don't need a reference number; your postcode is quite sufficient.
  • i too have had this problem but unlike any of u i have not received a handset email or anything and found out this morn that just over £17 has been took from my acc!! oo roll on 9am till them fookers hear me
  • I've had the same problem. TMTI have just taken £17.94 from my bank account and I didn't have a clue who they were. I've just spoken to the bank who gave me a number to call them on (0844 499 4744). I just called TMTI and they have now cancelled the DD and will refund the latest payment. Apparently, they are a technical support helpline working with your mobile phone provider. On my contract (- apparently! I actually didn't see it!) there was a free 30 day trial and then it stated £17.94 per 6 months thereafter. Worth giving them a call - they cancelled my contract with no questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure