🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

hanging my head in shame

Options

Comments

• Izzie_Wizzie
    Options
    Well I have just had my first weigh in since 15/09/09 when I was -
    Weight- 101kg (222 lb and 10.67 oz)
    This morning I am-
    95 kg = 209 lb and 7.02 oz
    I am over the moon ! 6kg / 13 lb lost in 12 days. I knew I had lost weight when I was pottering about yesterday and I kept having to pull my shorts up.
    The lightest I have been for 4 years is 89kg, I could pass this milestone in just two weeks. Who would have thought that eating 6 times a day would result in the weight falling of.

:T:T:T:T:T

that's a fantastic start - well done!!!!! :D

Izzie
    :)
    Highest Debt - £21k+ :eek: Current debt - £3,926.30 :T
    :DDFW Nerd # 522 - proud to be dealing with my debts :D
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 September 2009 at 10:11AM
    Options
    GeorgeUK wrote: »
    Yup, that's a notice of assignment alright. Just a little surprised as alot of companies don't bother. Is this a debt you can do a CCA for?

Great news on the weight loss Jim. I'm 209lbs also. I'm at the stage where i'm thinking about dieting and can't excercise without injuring myself. You'd think i'd be able to do something without being stupid and getting hurt wouldn't you?

George, I am meant to walk for 30 mins everyday as well but with working at night this has not been possible and still the results are stunning and I feel great, the only hard part is starting and doing 3 days of protein only, after that it's a piece of p1ss.

weight.png

• miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    Just sticking my head round the door to say well done on the weight loss Jim - that's very impressive! :T:T:T
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • worried_jim
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought I would share some of the posts that I've been taking part in over the last few days-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1985851
    "Back in '96 I was on the equivalent of a national express coach in Egypt going from the Red Sea to Cairo and I had exactly the same feeling as you Colin. Being the only British person on board and with limited Arabic I had to "mime" to the hostess that I urgently needed the bus to stop. 10 minutes later the bus pulls to a stop in the middle of the desert. I jump off and running "from the knees down" head for the nearest sand dune. I leap over it with my shreddies all ready pulled down to see the entire Egyptian army on manoeuvres staring up at me. Too late. I perch my head above the dune towards the bus to see 50 Egyptians with there faces pressed against the glass howling with laughter. The soldiers are all cheering and telling me to look out for scorpions. I didn't care it was the most satisfying if not urgent bowl movement ever.
    When I got back on the bus the hostess gave me a free cup of tea and I felt like I was the lord of all creation. Top that."

And I have a thread going regarding chip oil as fuel-
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1961265&highlight=

I hope that everyone is doing well. Lovely and sunny here in Brighton today, it cant last much longer.
  • worried_jim
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AN ITALIAN BOY'S CONFESSION
    cid:018301ca4759$b0bedbc0$2401a8c0@owner51f15d252

'Bless me Father, for I have sinned.

I have been with a loose girl'.

The priest asks, 'Is that you, little Joey Pagano ?'

'Yes, Father, it is.'

'And who was the girl you were with?'

'I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation'.

"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later

so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?'

'I cannot say.'

'Was it Maryann Mazzilli?'

'I'll never tell.'

'Was it Nina Capelli?'

'I'm sorry, but I cannot name her.'

'Was it Cathy Piriano?'

'My lips are sealed.'

'Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?'

'Please, Father, I cannot tell you.'

The priest sighs in frustration.

'You're very tight lipped, and I admire that.
    But you've sinned and have to atone.
    You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months.
    Now you go and behave yourself.'

Joey walks back to his pew,

and his friend Franco slides over and whispers,
    'What'd you get?'

'Four months vacation and five good leads.'

• Izzie_Wizzie
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Highest Debt - £21k+ :eek: Current debt - £3,926.30 :T
    :DDFW Nerd # 522 - proud to be dealing with my debts :D
  • Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
  • worried_jim
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My home fuel refinery is making progress, I made £42 in tips last week and have invested £24 in a 100L water butt with a tap at the bottom and a 1 micron sock filter from ebay for £5. This will sit inside the lid of the butt into which I will pour the "free" used cooking oil, the filter will help cut out all the food bits and animal fats from the cooking and after a couple of days when I open the tap at the bottom of the butt the good and ready fuel will be transferred to my fuel tank, at this point I will find out if this has been a good money saving experiment or an expensive mistake ! If all is well I shall be collecting more waste oil at the weekend to start building up a decent supply, or catching the train to work !
    Diet is going well and I feel great, I was a 44" waist when I started and already I am down to the first notch on my belt so I thought this morning I would try on some old smaller trousers which are a 38". Sadly I was a little too optimistic and was no where near going to get them done up. However, I did try an old pair of 40" jeans and hey presto by the weekend I shall be wearing them no problem, but I really want the 38" by Christmas. Talking of Christmas- its been cancelled at work . We have always been allowed to finish 1 hour early and go for a team Christmas meal (by skipping lunch we could leave at 3.30pm) and it looks like this year it will be stopped. Bunch of w*nkers. 1 hour.
    Off to see Jimmy Carr @ the Brighton comedy festival on Sunday so should have some really sick offensive jokes by next week to share.
    Still not turned my heating on and I have been keeping a weekly diary of my gas and elec usage for over year now so I am able to comapare my comsumtion and cost and I am spending about 20% less each week than last year, I don't know how, so it must be because its cheaper now.
  • worried_jim
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, Jimmy Carr last night. I have been grinning all day, he is one sick dude but hilarious with it. His last 5 jokes I wouldn't even repeat in public (did laugh at them though). I even managed to shout out a question to him which he promptly shot me down and called me a f*ck*ng c*n* in front of 2000 people who cheered and clapped- loved every minute, although I went bright red and started sweating profusely and my friends pretended not to know me. He is a comedy genius and performed for nearly 2 hours, great value for money.
    Will see Adam Hills tomorrow and then the comedy festival is over for another year.
    Made 40 litres of fuel at the weekend and have just cleaned out the filter in the kitchen sink after scrapping 2 kilos of animal fat into a bin liner- the kitchen stinks like a chippy !
  • zhatorna65
    Options
    My first post...

Like many others (60,000+ views on this thread!) I spent several hours reading this entire thread today. Very inspiring, thanks so much Jim and everyone for this. I hope you're going to keep updating, Jim? In particular seeing the scans of the scary letters is very informative, especially when you can share your new-found insights into how serious they really are.

I also just went through the 'debt-free roll of honour' thread which I'm sure reassures loads of others as it did me.

Up until today I had been staring in despair at my totally obsessive spreadsheet with graphs showing how my CC debts are *still* rising, despite it being more than 18 months since I thought I'd got things under control...

Now I realise there are plenty of folk with much worse problems than myself, and there are lots of you who've come out the other side.

Thanks everyone for sharing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family