Cex

Options
To all fellow money savers

Can I please rcommend a fantastic shop called CEX. Its an electronics exchange shop that, I believe, is nationwide. I took my free Prada LG contract phone there and got £75 for it! Talk about bargain. It was fully boxed and had everything with it. If you dont want the cash they'll give you vouchers for the shop worth alot more than what they're offering for the product. So all is good. Happy saving.
hkanna

Comments

• freakybacon
    freakybacon Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm... interesting first post. We have one of these in Leeds, my partners son introduced me to it. He uses this shop to add to his cd collection. Cannot comment upon mobile phone sales/exchange but have used it (once)for exchanging first 3 seasons of "The Sopranos" to gain first 4 seasons of "24". I felt I got a bargain (£17 to change-£23 off). Check prices of items u want at the usual retailers before u buy, and don't forget to factor in parking/travel costs.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. "

George Orwell
  • Rosie111
    Rosie111 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Please do not use this company. I sold a mobile phone to CEX, received a cheque in the post very quickly. Today I found out that the cheque was declined in my bank!!!!

So, they have my phone and I have no payment. Emailed CEX customer service and have not had any response yet (Surprise, surprise!!)

Has this happened to anyone else.

Help required please!!!
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    I've only used Cex a couple of times as there isnt one local to me which is a shame as I would use them a lot more if they were local. Always thought the prices were reasonable and exchanges were fair (better than Game although thats not hard)

I'd also like to recommend chipsworld if you have one near you. Good prices and fair exchanges https://www.chipsworld.co.uk
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • pinkie
    pinkie Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Rosie111 wrote: »
    Please do not use this company. I sold a mobile phone to CEX, received a cheque in the post very quickly. Today I found out that the cheque was declined in my bank!!!!

So, they have my phone and I have no payment. Emailed CEX customer service and have not had any response yet (Surprise, surprise!!)

Has this happened to anyone else.

Help required please!!!

Hi Rosie - I've had the same happen to me. I had a cheque returned to me yesterday saying it had been stopped. I'm really annoyed. I've sent them various emails and been on the phone 4 times now for over an hour each time and got through to nobody. What's going on???!
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    well for starters you never send anything before the cheque is cleared and usually you can just take it in the store and they give you crisp clean notes
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • clarkz
    clarkz Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    'cex' should be changed to 'tat', because thats what they sell.
  • pinkie
    pinkie Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    jamespir wrote: »
    well for starters you never send anything before the cheque is cleared and usually you can just take it in the store and they give you crisp clean notes

That's fair enough apart from 1) We don't have a CEX store near us and 2) If you sell through their online system you need to send the phones in for testing before you get paid!!

Either way, I wont be using CEX again!
  • trip_hazard_2
    Options
    CeX are a joke, I should know I work there.

1-NEVER buy any expensive gadgets or phones from us, they will inevitable break/not be working properly, and if they do, you might be on a mission to get a refund.
    2-your cheques bouncing are nothing, no one has been paid! woo and indeed hoo.

Don't ask me why the cheques are bouncing, I don't know, but I can tell you there's 600+ very upset employees.

We're not too bad for dvds and games though
  • vyseyboy
    vyseyboy Posts: 624 Forumite
    Options
    Quite a lot of "first poster"'s here...

I've had nothing but good experiences with CeX (ahem...), but have always traded for store credit and bought other games.

Asking for a cheque is asking for trouble, unless it's somehow guaranteed.
    Russia is HERE
  • cavycrazy_2
    cavycrazy_2 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    Are CEX having problems then? I ordered a pc game online as local branches didn't have it. I've not received it nor a confirmation email but the money has been taken. It's only been a few days, but I emailed to ask for confirmation of order - no reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure