Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Thank you teaandcake, yes I'm only a couple of chapters in - skipped the conception part :p - and it's very interesting!

OH and I decided we are too impatient to wait for the hospital to contact us regarding a dating scan so we've booked an early scan with BabyBond! It's for the week after the booking appointment and it's at roughly 7 weeks based on the dates I worked out from the CB digi. So excited as I don't think it will feel real until we see or hear a heartbeat! Hopefully we can at the scan and it's not too early.

Has anyone else had a private scan?
  • Always_Alone
    Options
    Big hugs RuthL, hope you are doing ok and looking after yourself

Fab news Tilly_Dreams, glad you got they news you were hoping for.

Millysg1, congrats! I'm not seeing my midwife till 10 weeks here either, it's just how thet do things apparently, it's a pain in the rear having to wait so long altho it does mean that the scan won't be too long after!

Mrs T_M, as always thank you for doing the lists

X_missymoo_x we had a private scan with ds, it was a fairly quick appointment, in and out in 15 mins but was SO reassuring to see the blob and heartbeat on the screen. Worth every penny of the £50. Main reason we had it done is I had zero pregnancy smyptoms so we both needed convincing! We had it at 7 weeks too so hopefully you'll be able tons bean wriggling away!

As for me, the pregnancy is so different to the last, the fatigue is ridiculous, lots if aches, pains and twinges, emotions are all over the place and I could pick a fight in an empty room!! Also not sure if I'm being over-sensitive but finding people are being really mean, had an awful week at work with horrible !!!!!y colleagues, good job I can see a finish line!!

Hope everyone's having a lovely if wet weekend!! x
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Hi all. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend despite the weather!

I got up at 5.30 to go to the loo & (sorry if tmi!) there was a tiny bit of pink when I wiped. I'm sure you can imagine my panic, I haven't had anything further, have had quite a lot of crampy pains but I've been having that since before AF was due. I spoke to the emergency gynae dept in my local hospital & they said to keep an eye if there was a lot of bleeding or a lot of pain, neither of which i've had but it's just so scary! I've googled & googled as I'm sure you can all appreciate. Going to try & get an early night & relax a bit, been up since 5.30 & I'm pooped!

Missy I've got a private scan booked for 21st, can not wait, I don't know how people wait till 12 weeks! I just want to see it & know everything is ok. I have my booking appt with the midwife in my GP the next day. xx
  • x_missymoo_x
    x_missymoo_x Posts: 484 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2014 at 1:25PM
    Options
    Wow you got a bargain at £50 Always, ours is £100 :eek:But it's a treat for ourselves and I don't mind what the cost is to get peace of mind. I've also not experienced symptoms, I was ill just after finding out but I think it was just a bug, so I said to OH I need to see it for myself to believe it's real as it just feels like we're in our own little bubble at the minute and it's not hit us properly yet! I'm also desperate to tell my family but want to be able to show them a scan picture as evidence :p

How is the bleeding today Princess? I hope everything is ok. I'm sure it is but I can imagine how scary it must feel. I hope you actually managed to sleep last night! At least you have also got a private scan booked soon so you can also get peace of mind.

Edited to add: Just did another CB digi which is now showing 3+ :) meaning it must have been correct the first time I tested last week and it said 2-3, also meaning that I'm confident I'll be 7 weeks when I have my scan :):):)
  • Pington
    Pington Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    millysg1 wrote: »
    Is it normal to not see a GP or nurse until 10 weeks? This is apparently what happens where I live which to me sounds wrong.
    Especially as I have a Hypothyroidism but when I called GP they said to contact the maternity ward and GP wont see me. When I called the Maternity ward they don't want to take my details for another 1.5 weeks (until im 6 weeks) then don't see me until im 10 weeks.

I rang my GP at about 6 weeks; they said I didn't need to see my GP but fill in a form to register with the midwife. I did this and my midwife appointment is booked for 20th August, by which point I'll be 11 and a half weeks.

I'm getting paranoid that this means my scan won't be booked in time, so I've started looking into options for an early private scan.
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Pington wrote: »
    I'm getting paranoid that this means my scan won't be booked in time, so I've started looking into options for an early private scan.
    We've booked ours with Baby Bond. They have lots of clinics around the country and have had lots of positive reviews which were good to read. They had lots of availability and you can book online, plus they have a range of day, evening and weekend appointments so there's bound to be something to suit you.
  • Pington
    Options
    Thanks missymoo. I've had a look on their website but am just waiting to hear back from a local independent place who are quite a bit cheaper. It never even occurred to me to look into private scans until I read this thread; thank you!
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    No more bleeding since the tiny bit yesterday morning so I'm starting to feel a bit more ok about it. Feel shattered today & I'm on a long day in work so may well be straight to bed for me later!

I totally know what you mean about seeing it to believe it missy, I keep thinking what if I've had 10 false positive results, Ha. I really can't stop testing! Can't wait to be able to tell my parents too!
  • Pington
    Options
    I've just booked a private dating scan for Saturday, at which point I'll be 11 weeks. I just didn't want to wait another 3 weeks or so to find out if all is OK!
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies, finally back home after an unwanted hiatus! I've been in hospital for the past two days for extreme dehydration from gastroenteritis! I still have diarrhoea, but I'm no longer vomiting, and I've been able to keep food down for over 24 hours now, which I am very happy about. Needless to say I'm very tired and still recovering, but I am getting better. I hope that everyone had a better weekend/Monday than I have had!
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business