PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Now back to my emails which seem to have frozen. Nothing will make them respond. I'm about to resort to threats of physical violence.

A damn good thrashing??? :p

You could always try turning off then turning back on again..
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    Don't think there is any shortage of houses just can't get anyone to answer the phone. The last one I called it rang and rang then a voice came on saying "The caller cannot be reached" ???? I thought I was the caller!

Found a gorgeous Victorian Villa. Beautifully modernised with good taste and nice big rooms, then we looked at the dining room. When I looked at before I fetched DS, I thought "ooh spooky I could not live with that wallpaper." It was just faces or big eyes which I am sure would follow you round the room.

DS said exactly the same "ooh spooky" I would ask if we could change the wallpaper. I would even pay for a professional. I went and lost it because DS said we will look it when I find it again.

Monna try refreshing your browser.
  • nannywindow
    Options
    Hello all :wave:.
    Sorry I have been M.I.A. but I have been on my holidays :D.
    Another one here feeling guilty about a lack of activity. Ironing basket full, some more holiday washing to be done etc. and I'm just surfing the net, parked up on the sofa :).
    Burtha on reading your posts I can hear my late mum saying " slow down or you will meet yourself coming back one day :rotfl:" But on a serious note I'm glad that you are doing things your way and well done to your DS for the goal ! My DGS also scored the other week, however it transpired that it was a penalty shoot out - without a Goalie ! At least now he can aim towards the net :rotfl:.
    VJsmum I now have a vision of John Cleese striding towards Monna's machine, wielding a large branch.
    Karcher I have been sending healing vibrations while on holiday, but have been unable to post due to the lack of internet access. I hope things are improving a little for you.
    NM good luck on the house hunt.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    I've just spent two hours filling the water tank on the boat, the water pressure is really low today. I'm now attempting to light the stove which is proving somewhat recalcitrant, oh well I'll just have to freeze!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 September 2017 at 7:13PM
    Options
    monnagran OH and I both use Hotmail and he commented just now that he hadn't had any emails downloaded today, and I checked mine and found that the one I'd sent my brother earlier hadn't in fact been "sent" (in fact there's not a sign of it, though I definitely typed it!), so that would also explain why I haven't heard from him today.

Ah, I've just found the one I typed, sitting in "Drafts", and when I opened it, there was a message saying "Something went wrong and we haven't been able to send your message yet."

Hope it will be sorted out overnight!

ETA Just looked on the Techie board. Apparently there's a massive Outlook outage, in other countries as well as here :(
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    That explains why I have had no emails...thanks Ivy!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Don't you dare feel guilty Mar , if you're wiped out it's daft to try pushing yourself . I've been feeling like a sloth the last few days . I think we have to get past the having to do things and be sensible sometimes . It doesn't help to push through things and make things worse .
    Hunker down , this too shall pass . x

Good to see Karcher Just take each day as it comes and know we're thinking of you .x

I hope everyone finally gets their emails . At least you know why .

Sending hugs to any who need one or two .
    Busy day for us tomorrow so hope to catch up later .
    Take care all
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Burtha stoppit - yer tiring me out reading about your days! I've been one step up from a coma the last 2 days and starting to feel guilty about how little I've done.

I'm with Mar on that one!!

Burtha, I admire your determination and stamina, but please slow down and catch a breath: I'm exhausted just reading :D

My email is broken too. Whilst sent emails are sitting in my 'Drafts' folder, I'm hoping that any sent to me will be forthcoming soon as I am awaiting important mail.

Nannywindow, I hope you had a lovely holiday.

Nursemaggie, whilst your new home hunt is a serious matter, your posts do make me laugh. Thank you :)

To all of the Fencing Team :A
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    That's the whole point karcher. The EAs walk straight into it.

One place I looked there were 16 copies of the same house. A small developer has done 16 semis to rent. What is the point in copying it 15 times the first one will do because they are all exactly the same. Brand new with the same fitting.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank goodness the e-mail debacle isn't just me. When it comes to technology
    I always assume that I have done something stupid.

However, mine have received the ultimate deterrent and decided that discretion is the better part of valour. I gave them the teacher's look.
    You must know it, it's the one depicts shocked astonishment that such outrageous behaviour even EXISTS, let alone that it is being practiced in front of my very eyes. It has a barely suppressed fury that promises unimaginable retribution should order not be restored IMMEDIATELY, plus a soupcon of sadness that they should risk the devilish torture that will be theirs if ways aren't mended before I count to five.

The LOOK has been known to stop mid-tantrum toddlers in their tracks, quell a hall full of exuberant and rowdy juniors and sort out those homeless youths who think they have got one over on me by smuggling forbidden alcohol into the church hall in coke cans.

The emails didn't stand a chance. No need for John Cleese and his half a tree. The LOOK does it all.

And it's obviously high time someone threw the cover over my cage.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills