PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Camelot
    How lovely that your DS is visiting! Have a lovely weekend.

burtha
    ((HUGS)), I hope the headache eases.

nursemaggie That soap sounds gorgeous. So sorry to hear about your frustrating trip yesterday :(

CRANKY I expect you're stiff and achy today, so try to take things gently x
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    nursemaggie, God certainly does move in a mysterious way. Thank goodness the cancer was discovered in time.

burtha, stringent budgets are liveable with. Betrayal and abandonment are not.

you can have a share in karchers candle, I'll pray that your house doesn't take too long to sell. At least then you will know where you are and what you have to manage with.

I've had a lovely day with an old friend from the mainland. Lots of chat, too much food and a lot of laughter, particularly when, appropos of something else, she suddenly said, "Of course, my back hasnt been the same since I tried to get my leg over a cockeril."
    That stopped me in my tracks and when she realised what she'd said a look of horror plastered itself on to her face. Cue two old ladies ricocheting around the pavement, screeching with unseemly mirth and mopping their streaming eyes.

It turned out that the cockeril in question was on a roundabout at the fair and she was taking her little granddaughter for a ride on it.

I love my life sometimes.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    No candles here I'm afraid, I won't use them as I don't think they would be safe in a wood lined boat, but I will be thinking of those in need of support.

I had a message yesterday to let me know that a friend had been for her 20 week scan only to be told her baby has Edwards Syndrome, it is unsurvivable. So sad, she had a miscarriage last year.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    So sorry for your friend Hester
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No candles here I'm afraid, I won't use them as I don't think they would be safe in a wood lined boat, but I will be thinking of those in need of support.

I had a message yesterday to let me know that a friend had been for her 20 week scan only to be told her baby has Edwards Syndrome, it is unsurvivable. So sad, she had a miscarriage last year.

How sad - my thoughts are with them all x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Hester, how very sad :(

monnagran I'm glad you had a lovely time with your friend. :rotfl: about the cockerel!

Thinking of everyone here who's going through difficult times (((HUGS)))
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hester ,thoughts go to your friend ... dd lost baby few months ago ,the test came back with Edwards syndrome plus some other stuff ... just waiting now for genitic results before we find out if they can try again and who else this could effect , as all my kids could carry it ... awful.

Yesterday started odd , got worse ,then thankfully got better ... Long day though... but managed to get a run in , 5 mile and quite quick , so getting better lol ... but did enjoy it ,even though I got soaked half way through ....

Feel like I have done nothing today, just waiting now to collect kids from cinema.... just put the fire on because it's freezing in here .

Always have candles on , favourite at the minute is chocolate orange ....
    Hugs xx
    £223/ £250 GC
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    burtha if you feel you have done nothing I hope that means you have had a rest but somehow I don't think you have. You seem to expect to get a weeks work done while you go for a run.

We are all prone to expect ourselves to do a weeks work per hour when we would never expect anyone else to do it. You need to get some rest.

We have just been to see a house. Estate Agents description, "Forma pub converted beautifully by a high end developer. Spacious three bedroom house with the very latest luxury fittings." (this is the house I described as having underfloor lighting) The 12 photos showed three views of each room as if you were seeing a whole wall but in truth only one foot magnified by 10, it showed the same double cupboard 3 times there was only the one. The units were tacky, and filthy dirty, a little cupboard off the kitchen not even big enough to call a pantry just held a tiny washing machine and they had the cheek to call it a utility room. I think it could have been an outside toilet at some time, or possibly a coal house for only one or two bags of coal.

There was a bricked up door that looked like the back door may have been there until recently. The so called double bedrooms may have just fitted a double bedroom for each, they would have had to be divans because you would have to get in from the bottom. The sheets would have to stay on for life as you could only make up the beds before you brought them in.

There was only this very tiny kitchen at the back and a tiny living room downstairs. You could not get in through the front door and you had to go in through a very narrow glass door that did not look like it would pass building inspectors regulations at all. The whole thing was smaller than the two up two down we lived in before we came here.

If it was ever a pub there was only room for a tiny bar, the landlord and one drinker.

Burtha if I had a chocolate orange candle I would be wanting a chocolate orange all the time.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh nursemaggie, there is no accounting for the childish optimism of estate agents! I would really love to know exactly how they get the pictures that they do. As for their descriptions of these des res properties....................:rotfl:
    Even when you learn to read between the lines they still leave you speechless.
    Better luck next time.

burtha: I hope you enjoyed your few minutes alone with your fire and chocolate orange candle. Just one of those good moment dots that will eventually join up with the other dots to make a lovely picture.

That goes for you too karcher. Little patches of comfort that will grow and make life worth living again.

So sorry for your friend Hester, it's a terrible thing to happen and so hard to come back from.

I had a lovely walk in the sun today but am now wrapped in a duvet with a cup of tea and some mindless TV. I do love living on my own. Never thought I'd be saying that.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • camelot1001
    Options
    It's good on your own eh monna? If I want to lay on the sofa and watch tv I do, no-one here to make me feel guilty!

Summer is in the bin - all pots and baskets emptied, a couple of winter pots planted up, I need something at the front door to look cheerful. I've also bought some winter veggies for the allotment, maybe plant them tomorrow.

DS2 is over from the NL for the weekend, he's gone to Edinburgh for the afternoon/evening to see friends. There aren't any trains out this way this weekend so I'm sure I'll get a phone call later to pick him up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback