PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Karcher have a hug.

I picked 5.5lbs of rhubarb yesterday before the weather became bad enough to stop me wanting to go down to the bottom of the garden. I brought the unripe/starting to ripen tomatoes in too - they can sit on the windowsill and ripen (they're in a cardboard box). The grass needs cutting but I'm beginning to think it's never going to stop raining for long enough for it to dry out a bit so I can do it.

The house troll is doing some youth award thing at school so he's offered to call on some of our elderly neighbours tonight after school and see if they want a share of our rhubarb. I like his school, I really do. They teach the kids a lot of things other than just the standard lessons and they have teachers patrolling through our estate after school finishes to make sure the pupils behave on the way home too (no smoking/bullying etc). The best of it is that the children are all so proud of their school when you talk to them.

I have a busy morning today with friends who usually make me laugh until I can't breathe. Food for the soul and so much fun into the bargain :rotfl:

Take care all of you.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wishing you a very happy morning, CRANKY. Really glad the house troll has such a great school :)
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Well Aileen came and went . Not as fierce as predicted but very strong winds and torrents of rain with much crashing and banging outside .
    We had a power cut in the early hours but it wasn't long lasting . I spent my night reading in bed and was eating a very welcome bowl of porridge at 6am this morning .
    A quick inspection shows some broken terracotta pots . I had moved them to a more sheltered position yesterday but it didn't save them . The roof which is always the biggest concern looks ok .
    I hope all here were spared any damage .

Cranky Enjoy you're day it should do you the world of good . I'm so pleased the HT has such a wonderful school . Good schools make such a difference .

Have a good day all . Gentle hugs to those who'd like one x
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Karcher , sending hugs ,hope you have had a better day today .

Busy as normal here , work , kids sorted ,washing done , dogs walked about 3 mile, 2 mile run and boot camp .... and quick shop ...
    All by 9 ... about to chill when 3mw turned up ... !!! ... apparently he's coming tomorrow to move some stuff ... yippee .... asked if he will be here to see the kids ..... no , plans on being here in the morning because , guess what ... he's going away till Sunday ..... then sometime in Oct ....and Nov ....
    Told him what needs removed from the house and could he do it , reply was , what ìn my car ??? Words fail me .....
    Didn't bother to tell him , we need wood cut , money for food , ( not desperate yet due to large stores ) ,kids want to do stuff at the weekend that needs cash .... I could go on .... but little point .
    Think I have everything sorted to get the house on the market , then he can do one ....
    Kids are better now than they can see what he's doing , and they know that them and I are ok ,.... dispite how he obviously doesn't care about any of us ,... just need to move on ...
    absolute pratt

So now chilled out , quick bath , dogs flat out next to me on the sofa .... Music on .... cheese and nice olive bread ( both ys ) .... roll on tomorrow ....

X
    £223/ £250 GC
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Burtha is he not giving you any money towards the bills and the kids upkeep?? What has your solicitor said?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    burtha: words don't fail me! I would have said, "Move your stuff any way you wish, honey. Car, lorry, van, pantechnicon, container ship, wheelbarrow, Any jolly way you choose, but GET IT OUT."

Floss is right, your solicitor should be on his case getting some temporary financial provision made. If he doesn't come up with something reasonable the courts will do it for him.
    Of course, this is where the fun begins, ask Hester. If he is like absolutely every errant husband I know he will suddenly be completely poverty stricken. He will have only one bank account which is overdrawn, no savings, no property, nothing to sell, he relies on food stamps to eat, his seemingly healthy appearance is only due to the help given him by charity. Weekends away? Holidays? Haven't had one of those for months, guv. The expensive car in the car park? Borrowed from a friend, honestly.

Those of us who have been through it could write the script.

Cranky. All schools should be like the HT's. The school phobics would be cured overnight.

Jolly chilly here today, but the heating WILL NOT GO ON.

Loving thoughts, karcher.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending (((HUGS))) to burtha, karcher and anyone else in need of some xx
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Monna If it's cold and warm layers don't help please put the heating on for a while . Breathing cold air isn't good . I know you're squeezing the pennies but just getting the chill off helps x

burtha Please get on to your solicitor about the financial situation . Some interim arrangement should be in place until things are settled . I'm wondering if it's a power thing to make you grovel for the money his own flesh and blood need .x

Karcher Keep on keeping on love , you know where we are . Big hug to you and any who'd like one too .x

polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Burtha he's definitely in the same category as my sister's ex husband. I've said before we have a special word for him as one bad word isn't enough. It's the first two letters of twit and the last three letters of runt. It describes him perfectly (his children have never been allowed in his new house with his new woman) and I think your ex is shaping up to be another one.

Yesterday was great, today not so good....I fell from halfway down the stairs this morning and headbutted the wall at the bottom too. House Troll brought me an ice pack for my head, plaster for my bleeding finger and a dressing for my scraped leg in the correct order without any panic so he's in the good books. The washing basket that I was carrying (and subsequently landed in) is beyond redemption - happily I'm not although I am very sore.

On the plus side, the house troll appeared with food this evening so that's my dinner sorted. Some days I love that school and some days I love it even more (it's veg chow mein in case any of you were wondering). Monna it's a Church of England High school and I have explained that be you a believer or a non-believer, Christian ethics are still the way forward and will guide the troll and his friends well for the rest of their lives.

Take care all of you and hugs for Karcher.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cranky. I'm so glad that you said 'Christian ethics' rather than 'Religious ethics,' the two are poles apart.

Now stop the theatrical plunges off stairs. Think of the poor washing basket and take things slowly and carefully. Thank goodness the house troll was there to administer first aid and to bring sustenance to his stricken mother.

My Karcher candle is alight as I type.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills