PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Lovely to see you Softstuff, love the name !!!!!!. Hugs Burtha & well done.

I have a colleague who has chilblains but they are rare these days.

As for being cold I'm tossing up between lighting the log burner or putting the central heating on for an hour as it's chilly this morning.
    When my firstborn was 10 months old we moved to a house with no heating, just an open fire downstairs, we couldn't afford to have the fire on during the day so we had to layer up, he wore tights and a Babygro under his jumper and dungarees, he looked like the Michelin man, the health visitor criticised my as she said he was fat, until I stripped him off.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hester: I used to layer up my eldest also. I called the health visitor once because he had a rash. She removed the blanket that was over the quilt that was over the hand knitted shawl that was doubled up over the fleece sheet. Then she removed the cardigan that was over the nightie, (my MIL's contribution) that was over the babygro that was over the vest that was over a beetroot coloured baby with a heat rash.

There was some excuse though, that flat was freezing. We went away overnight once and I left a nappy soaking in a bucket of water in the kitchen. The next day I found that the water in the bucket had frozen solid with the nappy enshrined in the middle of the enormous ice cube.

I'm off to see my church friends today. Unfortunately there is no public transport that gets me to the church in time for the service, but today they are all meeting for lunch in a place that I can get to at the right time.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Enjoy your visit Monna
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 September 2017 at 3:32PM
    Options
    Hello Fencers :)

I've had a very very difficult few weeks and I have been unwell to boot. I haven't kept up with the thread but I hope life is treating you all kindly.

Can I ask a teeny tiny favour please. I really need some positive vibes and strength sent my way. A large dose of virtual good luck wouldn't go amiss either so if any of you have any spare, I have my cap in hand :o

I'm really hoping a more normal service will resume soon.

Take care all xx

PS After a quick skim read I can add that I suffered terribly with chilblains. One winter they were so bad I couldn't get my shoes on and walking was so painful. I still wince at the memories. I have always had terrible circulation and often have freezing cold hands and feet even in summer...Chilblains *shudders* :(
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    karcher: positive, loving vibes on their way and candles lit.

One foot in front of the other, sweetie, one step at a time.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    karcher

Crossing my fingers and toes for you.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Sending hugs, spoons and good vibes to you karcher, we have been worried about you.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    Hugs karcher and lots of good luck vibes.

Good to see you softstuff hope you do get back on line.

I do believe the sun is trying to get out right now.

burtha I would have loved to see your broken doll face paint.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Karcher, sending hugs and positive thoughts your way ...

Wish I could have got some photos , most of the time I forget or have to just move along because of que size , but yesterdays teenage child was by herself so couldn't have got parents consent ....
    Sometimes they post on to my page when there home ... so fingers crossed .

Absolutely shattered now ... The 3mw called in tonight ... woop 10 mins ,he may be coming to paint on Thurs .... so can't be bothered with him , but will see ....
    Walked 4 miles this morning ,then coffee before football , not back till 4 30 , sorted dogs ,chickens ,made tea , 2 lots of washing done .... going to fold up stuff before I hopefully chill for a bit ... headache is banging tonight , think it's from standing around in the cold thus afternoon ....
    Annoying ...
    Xx
    £223/ £250 GC
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Karcher, of course you can have a big virtual hug ((((((((0))))))))) * lost count of the arms in the hug, may have more on the right side!

Burtha, you are doing amazing things :T

Booooooo to chilblains. My mum suffered terribly and resorted to a home remedy. This is a corker. Dip a sliced onion into salt and rub on said chilblains. Thank goodness for warm footwear and warmer houses, I say.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure