PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lovely, but such hard work!!! I'd forgotten so much but I'm off again tomorrow to have him for 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday and feel much more confident about it, hopefully I'll be able to interpret him better and know a bit more what it is he wants when he cries. Back home late on Wednedsay evening and hopefully life back to normal after that so will be incommunicado until then as no access to a computer at DDs. Talk to you after that, Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Pleased to see you back, even if it is only for a day or so.

They are hard work because you need eyes in the back of your head, but they are wonderful, and it seems to me that Zebra will grow up being very close to his Omar.

We woke to a very hard frost this morning, but the day has been beautiful with a lovely blue sky. We haven't been anywhere, just did some washing, threw the Dyson around upstairs and down, and we actually had a cooked breakfast this morning. Needless to say we haven't had lunch yet because we are still full from breakfast. I might postpone the planned Sunday lunch until tomorrow and just have ham salad for our evening meal.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, or as in Hoglet's case Monday;). I hope the weather is being kind to you Hoglet and not too hot.

Take care everyone

Much love

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 8 February 2015 at 10:01PM
    Options
    Morning everyone :-)

Thank you Candlelight, we're having mixed weather again here - very hot yesterday, but cooler on Saturday and this morning.

We had a long weekend here which was just so lovely, we were at a rugby pre-season match on Friday, I had a girlie night with friends on Saturday and an onion marmalde making day yesterday.

The cats are all fine, although Alfie seems slightly flat if you know what I mean we're keeping an eye on him.

I had a lovely evening last night, a skype call to a new friend I've made through a book group. Very exciting to finally 'meet' after we've been talking through Facebook for so long, and isn't it wonderful what technology can do?

Just a short note from me today, hope you're all well

love Hoglet x
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello all, back home and jet lagged up to the eyeballs. Woke up at 2 :eek: and only half an hours sleep since then. I will take a nytol tonight then I should be fine. I try to avoid them as I wake up groggy, but I'd rather wake up groggy at 6.30 than be awake at 2 :cool:

It is lovely to be home. It's the first time in a long time that I have been really homesick. Still this is a thrice yearly event for the foreseeable future so I will have to get used to it.

DD has been home for the weekend so we have been all four together, the children were even talking to each other at one point :eek:

Bathrooms are nearly done, the builders have gone but we have some painting to do, they are lovely.

Hog let, Skype is great. It was lovely to see my OH in my house last week and know that it was all still there :D. I even saw the snow - nice to see that from 6000 miles away where it was nearly 20 degrees :rotfl:
    And for free too, when the phone calls were £1.50 a minute to send or receive.:eek: but colleague also told me about Skype phone calls so I could ring my DD for about £1 for 20 mins (she needed her mummy :))

OH is cooking yummy roast pork and all the trimmings. Just what the doctor ordered :D

Mrs LW - do you ever call Ezra, Zebra?
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sometimes, but his mum gives me 'the look' so I try not to, but occasionally it just slips out!!!
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hello all,

Quite a foggy misty day here so wasn't able to put any washing out.

Himself had to phone the RSPCA today. We feed a lovely ferrel tom cat who actually brought Flora to us. I call him Pilchard and he a "gentleman of the road". DD bought him a little house which is in our garden, and inside that he has an igloo to keep warm. He uses it when he has a mind to, but not always. Anyway this week when he has come round for his breakfast Himself has noticed he has a badly infected eye:eek:, which has actually got worse in the last couple of days. I expect he has been in a fight, he sometimes comes round looking quite battered.

There is no way he would let us catch him, so the RSPCA are sending round an Inspector and we will take it from there. I feel so sorry for him he must be in pain, we think he was left behind by the same family who left Flora. I can't have him in the house because he sprays, obviously the family didn't have him neutered but we have fed him for about 2 years now. I don't know whether they will be able to catch him because he comes and goes at will. If it hadn't been for him we wouldn't have our lovely Flora.

It is warmer today thank goodness and I think it is supposed to last.

All the grandchildren are coming to tea on Sunday to celebrate DGS 18th birthday, Himself's 71st and DGD1 passing her theory driving test, just the practical to do now. I think she wants a few more lessons before taking it.

FTM DD is doing well thank you, the new exercised are definitely beneficial and she only needs to go to the hospital once a month now. She still hasn't plucked up courage to drive yet, but that will come. Onwards and upwards.

Lynn hope you are not too exhausted;)

Take care everyone

Much love

Candlelightx
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Just popped in to say hi. I'm snowed under at work and home so just back from spin class and off to attend to laundry and empty the dishwasher.

FTM - the mincemeat flapjacks were absolutely amazing. My brother in law arrived as they were being removed from the oven and him and hubby were eating them before they had even cooled. That's a recipe for my little favourites book. :)

Talking of food I need to take tomorrow nights from the freezer so I'd best go. Will be back later in the week.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 February 2015 at 10:31PM
    Options
    Evening everyone..hope your all ok..

MLW..so glad you had a great time with Ezra..i recieved the most gorgeous photo's of Ezra at the weekend..he is a little cracker isn't he..so cute ..would you please thank Ruth for the card and photo's..made my day to see how big he has got. How is your bathroom doing ,all done i hope?

Candlelight..so glad your girl is getting on well..she will soon want to drive again..the better weather will help. I hope the RSPCA help the poor cat..o he sounds sweet..making sure Flora got a home..what a gentleman..you sound as if your having a busy weekend..all the birthdays..i hope all goes well and that everyone has a great time..

SM..the flapjacks do seem to disappear..i am going to make more but with a really thick plum jam..i am out of mincemeat..

Hoglet..how are you doing..how are the cats and your veggie garden

VJ'smum..welcome home..and a new bathroom too..wonderful.hope your over the jet lag.

Daisy..hello are you ok?

Kate..hi babe..how is the house coming along?

Aot..hello..hope your ok..

Nursemaggie..hello am hoping your having a good day and not in too much pain..((hugs))..

Well this week so far we have been busy..Simon and Sam have stripped the hallway ..Sam stripped and Simon worked the steamer..Simon has been back to the doctors and been given another sick note for another 2 weeks..he has to go back to the hospital for some more x-rays..the doctor changed his pills and he seems a bit more with it.

I made lots of bread and filled the freezer with it..also a French Coconut Tart(its Ferns favourite)...the girls chose a new topic of Volcanoes..which in turn leads to a side topic of the Earths layers..very interesting..we made a mini-volcano from a small bottle and some vinegar and Bicarb of Soda..had a lot of fun doing it..also watched some eruptions on Youtube..and an expedition into the mouth of a volcano..absolutely amazing and until you see how small this man looks at the mouth of all that fiery lava you can't comprehend how big they are..tomorrow we are making a dia-o-rama of a volcano..should be good fun.

I went shopping today..got all my bits and boobs for a good price..i treated myself to some Butterfingers..i love them..i also bought some blue balloons and banners for Sam's birthday on Friday..i am making him a chcoclate cake as he requested..with M&M's on top..his fave sweeties..

right i think thats me up to date..enjoy your evenings everyone..
    love ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh another vote for the mincemeat flapjacks - DS declared them "the best cakes you have ever made"

High praise indeed
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry for being AWOL but it's been manic here.

Have handed back keys to old house and found out we will get the full deposit back - yay! Now we can focus on the new house.

Determined to declutter, found a new home for one fridge freezer last weekend on freegle, lots more to ebay, freegle or charity shop. Will take a while and we'll never be minimalist but I hope to get to a point where we can put everything away!

Work has been busy but they have agreed I can work one day a week from home which is a huge relief and will save me lots on fuel money. Yesterday was my work from home day and I got lots done. Am at home this morning then off to a meeting later on.

FTM, sorry to hear about Simon's arm.

Candlelight, hope the RSPCA can catch your cat friend and treat him.

Will catch up on all the news soon, in the meantime, hugs to everyone x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport