PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi everyone back from Zebra wrangling now and it's nice to be home and in my space again. Even the ironing was a pleasure, I know I'm SAD!!!

FTM will pass on your thanks to Ruthie, she's being kept on her toes now that Zebra is walking, he's very whizzy but not 100% stable so you have to be behind him but he won't let you hold his hand, wants to cruise by himself so I'm shattered after looking after him for a couple of days!!!

CANDLELIGHT hope the vet can help your friendly but ferral feline pal it's tricky when they are hurt and won't be handled isn't it?

KATE glad all is progressing with your new home and glad you'll get your deposit back, it will be lovely when you're in and settled, enjoy.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FTM can't believe how close together our sons are. Mine will be 21 on 21st of this month only six days later than Sam.

I am not in any pain apart from the constant cramp, just a lot of side effects you don't want to know. Don't know which is worse D&V or the effects of the cold. I just can't cope with the cold and our central heating can't either. We tried leaving it on and it took 72 hours to get our living room to 15 degrees.

House has been sold to new landlord. The plumber who came to do our boiler servicing said he was going to send in a report on the state of the house. Just hoping for now.

I bet your exhausted Lyn but already missing zebra.

Katep you have a big job on your hands.

Would love the mincemeat flapjack but no mincemeat and DS does not like. Will only make me fat.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hello all,

Good to see you Kate, you sound to be really busy, but it will all be worth it won't it.

FTM French coconut tart sounds lovely, I love coconut. The girls topic of volcanoes sounds really interesting, I remember the thing with bicarb. The boys sound as though they are having fun, have you decided on the colour for the stairs and landing? I imagine Simon is unable to sit and watch :) and likes to get stuck in.

Well Pilchard disappeared for 48 hours, didn't come round for food and wasn't seen in the garden. Mid morning today he appeared, Himself went to feed him, managed to catch him and put him in his house and blocked the exit. He came in to phone the RSPCA to tell them, but of course they can't say when they will be here because they are so busy, he then went out and he had escaped:rotfl:. Obviously he lives on his wits but when I saw him I thought his eye looked slightly better, so another phone call to say he wasn't here now. He evidently came back this afternoon for more food.

I met the "girls" I used to work with and our boss for lunch today, and a catch up on all their news. We have all decided we hate being old and everything that goes with it, but it was good to see them all.

NurseMaggie hope you are feeling a little better after your treatment. I know you said it is a continuous treatment, so it must be very wearing for you with the side effects, but if it keeps you relatively well so be it. Were you a nurse, if so you will understand the treatment, does that make it any easier for you? My oncologist was really good and explained the treatment involved, but I know sometimes people google for information.

AOT are you OK.

SM Sister and BIL are back in the Sunshine State for 6 weeks, to soak up some sun;)

Lyn good to see you back, are you hoping to stay put for a few weeks now?

Have a good weekend all if I don't get back an stay safe.

Much love

Candlelightx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    HOGLET how is Alfie, is he more like himself, I hope nothing developed?

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Unless any of them need me I'm in situ until the middle of March when Nell sings the 'Matthew Passion' with the Choral Society, wonderful piece of music and in the Cathedral it's an incredible setting for such beauty. I'm so lucky to be able to go to the concerts, I really love it and they get more accomplished every time they perform, it's one of the biggest joys of my life.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hi Lyn,

I am sure He Who Knows and Docky are pleased to have you home. Is Docky OK, I miss your notes on his adventures, is the mediction still suiting him?

It must be a tremendous treat for you to go to Nell's concerts, and as you say I am sure each performanc is better than the last. I do envy people who can sing or play instruments, I am tone deaf.

Much love

Candlelightx
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The concerts sound wonderful MrsL.

Sounds like Pilchard knows what's in store for him Candlelight.

We've had pusscat problems since the start of the year - our boy cat had severe problems with stones and bladder inflation causing a bloackage so spent over a week at the vets and had an operation, then youngest girl cat got bitten on her tail then boy cat got into a fight (we think with a cat who is already in residence here) and had wounds on his head and ears.

On the plus side I've got really good at giving cats tablets! (And they're insured, thank crunchy!)

Decluttering here - have finished off a tub of couscous and listed a printer on freegle, hope someone wants it.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Kate, we have never had a cat before always dogs, but we just love Flora, who is actually a house cat now. Pilchard is such a character because when he comes round he jumps on the bench in front of the kitchen window and just stares until we notice him. As I have said before he always looks a bit battered, but the eye is nasty.

We never hear cats fighting in the garden, but having watched a program on TV I understand they can own quite a large area so he must be clashing with someone (feline).

De cluttering is always a good thing, Himself is somewhat concerned that one day I may leave him in the Hospice Shop:)

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    Options
    kate - I'm sorry ot hear about your puss cat problems - and yes I agree, insurance is a very wonderful thing!

Thank you for asking about Alfie Candlelight. He was very quiet for a few days but is eating well and seems to be happy enough now. He woofed part of a lamb chop this week so can't be feeling too bad :-) One of them left us a mouse floating in the toilet bowl, of all places, yesterday. Honestly I ask you - my money is on Izzy for that one...

love to you all

Hoglet x
  • hoglet121
    Options
    And thank you for asking too FTM - the garden is going on well - tomatoes all over the place and now the chillies are starting and the passionfruit are slowly starting to ripen :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure