PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hoglet, such a nice present NOT, they are funny. You must have done something really nice to receive such a present.

I am pleased Alfie is feeling better

Much love

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    Options
    Ah thank you Candlelight, for your sweet words.

Yes we felt very honoured. The perpetrator also absolutely mangled the downstairs toilet - sink mat, pile of national geographical all over the place. Poor mousey - we felt quite sorry for it :-(

Xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi CANDLELIGHT Docky is doing amazingly well on his medication and we're having fun again with the dog we had before he got confused, that's why he hasn't featured in posts of late bless him. He's a pickle in every respect with a pronounced doggy sense of humour and has taken to waking us by jumping into the middle of the bed and giving us alternate licks until we actually grab him out of the covers and give him a hug and wrestle him down onto the duvet where he rolls on his back and wants a tummy rub, there are worse ways to greet the day! He's enjoying life, his tumour is growing slowly but not causing him any discomfort or inconvenience and the vet is talking of the possibility of having a reduction operation at some time in the future to make it smaller for him, he's fine,fine,fine and sends everyone a SSSSSLLUUUURRRRRRPPPPPPPP!!!!!
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Oh Lyn, that is good that Docky is enjoying life again, and you have the old Docky back.

Much love
    Candlelightx

NB did you see on the Daily thread that poor Dumpling lost her beloved Meg last night, so sad x
  • I've just read, so very sad as she was a much loved friend for the whole family and with them for so short a time. I hope Dumpling can come to terms with it and go forward and perhaps in the fullness of time decide to have another little canine pal? early days and too much sadness in their hearts for that thought now but some time in the future they might get themselves another pup to love ? I hope so very much, Lyn xxx.
  • hoglet121
    Options
    Morning everyone,

A quiet weekend here for us - a spot of fishing on Saturday, we actually caught a fish! Sadly it was too small and had to go back but good to know we actually can catch things :-)

Yesterday was just cleaning and working on some of my course. Socks was in the sort of mood where she wanted to be involved in everything I was doing - climbing all over my books, trying to get on my lap, meowing all the time. I ended up holding her for most of the afternoon. The boys were out for most of the time - Alfie chasing cicadas and having the time of his life.

Sorry, flat out at the moment here - I'll try and write a proper post soon.

Much love,

Hoglet x
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2015 at 7:13PM
    Options
    Good evening all

It has been a rainy and grey day here, but I understand it should be nice tomorrow.

We had a lovely day yesterday. All 3 grandchildren came, together DGD1s boyfriend and DD1 , there was much chattering going on and exchanging of presents. They enjoyed their tea, and took some home as well. The birthday boy took half of his cake home as well.

Flora decided it was all too much for her so settled behind my chair for the duration. I think this is what comes of living with 2 old people, we live a very quiet life.

It is Himself's birthday tomorrow, but nothing special planned, he doesn't like a fuss, but will do something special for the evening meal

Pilchard's eye is much better now, but he has taken to living in his little house in our garden, I think perhaps it is rest and recuperation, and he is eating well, so that is a good sign . I do hope he doesn't get into another fight because he is quite battled scarred. I really can't understand people having pets and then abandoning them when they move. and obviously don't look after them when they have them anyway. We do our best for him and I think in his own way he appreciates it.

Hoglet are you sure you are not working too hard, you sound really busy. How are those tomatoes going, I am so jealous because the ones we are buying at the moment have hardly any taste. Anyway you take care f yourself.

FTM I hope Sam had a good birthday, and that Simon is more comfortable with his arm. Plese give the girls a hug from me.

Lyn did you manage to choose the floor covering for the bathroom and bedroom. You won't know yourself when it is all finished.

SM are you OK, just very busy I expect, take it steady.

AOT Hellooooooooo are you OK?

I thinks that is all my news for now, hello to everyone else I may not have mentioned.

Much love

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh yes we did, we actually found a lovely remnant of carpet for the bedroom and the cushionfloor we wanted for the bathroom and got both for the incredible price of £211, amazing really to get such a bargain in this economic climate but they're just what we wanted and will be fitted in mid March so it gives us time to do all the redecoration we need to do, good eh? Glad Pilchard is picking up, he's a lucky boy to have a kind friend like you to look out for him.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Goodness Lyn you did really well with that price, should look great when everything is finished

Candlelightx
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 16 February 2015 at 10:45PM
    Options
    Hello everyone..hope everyone is ok..

MLW..we sending hugs for docky dawg ((()))..you got a great deal on the flooring..you won't want to step on it..Ruthie is going to have eyes in the back of her head now little Ezra is walking..its the best of times..nerve wracking but fun..

Candlelight..Please wish himself a Happy Birthday from all of us..your party sounded a great family affair..poor Flora and Pilchard..i hope he is going to be ok..

Hoglet..o your toms sound gorgeous..we have planned our gardening for the year and Sam and Simon are having heated discussions lol..

Nursemaggie..glad your okish..it is weird how close our sons were born..i hope your boy has a great day..

Well here its been battle stations..sorted out some bills that i felt were too high and got reductions on them..had to apply for Housing benefit and Council tax benefit..thankfully we qualified for both..and got some returned in credit as i had over paid..also had BT sort out my phone line ..and the wire has been fixed now..much better.
    Simon has been back to the doctors for some blood tests and found out his Arthritis is quite bad..bless him..he is starting to kind of relax a bit now..his pain is being managed and the swelling is going down slowly..the Doctor has referred him to Derby Hospital to meet the consultant again..hopefully its not too long to wait.

The girls have finished their topic on Volcanoes and the Earths Layers..fascinating and they did some lovely pictures too..

Our hallway is progressing slowly but it will be amazing once its done..am excited to finish it..

Sam had a great birthday..he got some money off Grandparents and we bought him a necklace and had it engraved with "SON,BROTHER,FRIEND..
    he loved it..his sisters took him for a drink and a meal..we made him a choclate cake with his fave sweeties on it..

We had our haircut today and tomorrow we are going to visit friends so that will be lovely to catch up with them.

I have done a total stock take and have to admit that we have a lot of food..we are going to do another meal plan..i found some meat at the bottom of the freezer..plus my neighbour gave me some pheasants and a partridge..

I have planned my little garden..i want to have lots of flowers with scents this year..my front garden needs some serious weeding and sorting..can't wait for the warmer weather to get cracking..

We baked all day saturday and i made some lemon butter biscuits..these are divine and melt on your tongue..bliss..Simon made bread and cobs..we roasted a beef joint and ham joint and sliced them up and froze the beef..the ham is being used for cobs and salad lunches..

I think thats all for now..
    right am going to go have a cuppa and look through my cook books for some inspiring recipes..
    love to you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business