Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

My boyfriend booked flights for himself and I and we were delayed so we are going to claim compensation. As we were booked under the same booking reference do we make 1 claim for both of us or do we have to do it separately? Also does he have to make the claim as he paid for them or can I?

Joint claim but bf should 'front'. :)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maghater wrote: »
    Knock on effects shouldn't count as ecs and technical issues usually don't. REad the Wallentin judgement, which you will find at the start of the Thomas Crook thread, and then start chasing them

Would I be right in saying that this judgement refers to cancelled flights rather than delayed?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    delays are regarded as cancelled flights and vice versa
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • 4ze
    4ze Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not long returned from the airport after hearing the unfortunate news that my flight has been postponed by 24hours.

this is due to a technical fault with the plane.

just wanted to check that as the delay is by 24 hours, does this still count as a delay or would it be a canceled flight?

I'm wondering which template i should use on the main site

thank you.
  • maghater
    maghater Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    4ze wrote: »
    not long returned from the airport after hearing the unfortunate news that my flight has been postponed by 24hours.

this is due to a technical fault with the plane.

just wanted to check that as the delay is by 24 hours, does this still count as a delay or would it be a canceled flight?

I'm wondering which template i should use on the main site

thank you.
    Regs define cancellation as the non operation of a flight which was previously planned. So if you return the next day, and the flight number is the same it was delayed. If they give it a different flight number, then you could argue that your original flight was cancelled.
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    4ze - might be worth posting on appropriate airline thread as I assume you were not the only person booked on this delayed/cancelled flight and any responses may assist 'others'.
  • 4ze
    Options
    thanks for the replies.

i found this over at flyertalk.com

22) My plane was not cancelled but delayed for 24 hours, am I entitled to compensation?
    This area changed after an appeal case was brought to the European Courts, which ruled that an aircraft that was delayed more than 3 hours was to be treated the same as a cancellation. If you had a delayed flight of this sort from previous years you are now able to claim them from BA, since claims were “stayed” until the appeal was completed on 23 October 2012.

does this mean i can get the rearranged flight tomorrow and claim for a refund as well as compensation? or do you feel that is pushing my luck? thanks
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for the replies.

i found this over at flyertalk.com

22) My plane was not cancelled but delayed for 24 hours, am I entitled to compensation?
    This area changed after an appeal case was brought to the European Courts, which ruled that an aircraft that was delayed more than 3 hours was to be treated the same as a cancellation. If you had a delayed flight of this sort from previous years you are now able to claim them from BA, since claims were “stayed” until the appeal was completed on 23 October 2012.

does this mean i can get the rearranged flight tomorrow and claim for a refund as well as compensation? or do you feel that is pushing my luck? thanks

Just compensation but you should post in appropriate airline (BA?) thread.
  • 4ze
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    Just compensation but you should post in appropriate airline (BA?) thread.

ok, cheers. i doubt there will be anyone on the same flight claiming who will use this website as it is from Freetown, Sierra Leone to Heathrow, but point noted for any future posts thanks.
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok, cheers. i doubt there will be anyone on the same flight claiming who will use this website as it is from Freetown, Sierra Leone to Heathrow, but point noted for any future posts thanks.

Exactly why you should post on appropriate thread as if it is not an EU airline (??) then no compensation is payable.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback