Comments

• tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    Well done quidsy.
  • gamergame
    gamergame Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Good Luck! It's all about cutting down on food and exercising.
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    I've had an up and down week, one good day one bad day all week. I was doing well today but just had a meltdown and won't bore you with the details but I probably won't see a loss this week! Weigh in tomorrow. Hope everyone else is doing better than me.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Jut weighed in and to my great relief I have stayed the same after a week with a conference and, yesterday, a wonderful wedding. I hope you have a good weigh in jpscloud.

OK a normal week ahead and I want a good weight loss to balance this week. I am working my way through the freezer so there will be lots of fish and chicken together with some fresh vegetables. 5 weeks to the halfway mark at the end of June want to be as close as possible to my own half way point of 50lbs so it is head down time, and avoid events!
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the losses/staying the same.

I seem to have lost all motivation this week and was quite grateful only to have put on 1.5lb after having had cake and far too much alcohol. I need to try to get myself back to it this week because I really don't want to undo any more of my hard work before holiday.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 137, 38 points, Day 138 36 points. Hi Izadora I hope you are back on it soon I have been pretty hopeless the last two weeks but have regrouped and am back on it this week.

I am going to cook some new recipes as I think that part of my issue is boredom! At least the sunny weather is back which makes everything feel better.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 139, 33 points. I have eaten a rice dish tonight - V big mistake I feel bloated and lethargic, bother all this healthy eating does make you feel better why oh why did I go back to real rice?

Anyway when I have lost the next 15lbs I am starting swimming, I need to up the exercise and the halfway point of weight loss will be a good time to start. I have scoped out the pool close to home for adult only lane swimming I think I should be able to get to 3 times per week in the evenings.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 140, 35 points. My last day at work this week, tomorrow I will garden.

I have started on another major clear out, never move two homes into one it is a nightmare of the first order.

I am going through clothes again being much more ruthless this time, is now the moment to admit to owning 27 bras? and that is after consigning 9 to the rubbish bag. I have also moved on 14 pairs of shoes/sandals/boots. All not comfortable or part of a much more formal work environment. I think one pair of black, one pair of navy and one pair of green heels will do, especially as I have worn heels precisely twice in 2015.

I have also thrown out all trainers that might become gardening shoes except for one pair that ARE my gardening shoes. I really think that I am about 15 - 20 lbs away from the next size down so clearing out clothes will be a long running mantra. I have three wardrobes and they are all full so there is plenty to go at.

My great achievement is getting all the winter clothes I have decided to keep into one wardrobe, much of what I have kept has been in boxes for quite a few years...................still a blouse is a blouse etc. and a blouse bought in 2008 is still perfectly wearable in 2015, especially when I never wore it the first time round because it was too small. I clearly have "issues". There is an absolutely stunning Comme Des Garcons coat from 1999 which I have never worn but it is so beautiful, and was so expensive I couldn't bear to part with it. Now I am considering the real possibility that it will fit at some point - oh what joy.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    Day 141, 35 points. Having rained all day it is now beautiful - mad May weather. I didn't get into the garden at all but really we did need the rain so I should not be moaning too much. A day indoors going through stuff I have now completely finished one of three bedrooms, and as it is the spare room it is probably the easiest. On the next rainy day I will tackle my office/sewing room.
  • tootallulah
    Options
    I have just realised that I have been doing this for 20 weeks, this is without doubt the longest I have ever persevered with dieting. So what have I learned?

1.Posting here helps me more than my previous attempts via a group. This is probably a point of my natural laziness, posting on a board doesn't require me to leave the house!

2. I just ignore days when I fall off the wagon and get back on it as soon as possible, sometimes I have drifted for a few days but that doesn't mean I will stop. Deciding in January that this would take a year was realistic and means that times of "wobbling" are in a long term context.

3. Other people help because they have similar goals and experiences, this is obvious really but it hasn't helped me before it does this time.

4. I live alone so not telling many people I am dieting has really helped me with the family and acquaintances issues, no-one comments about what I eat or gives me "helpful" advice from their size 10 knowledge. The few people who do know IRL, never ask me about it but if I say anything they are hugely supportive.

5. I don't work full time so have more time and energy for planning and cooking, things get dicey if I don't vary what I eat.

6. Whilst exercise is important and clearly helps with well-being overweight people like me can lose weight with just cutting down food, I think I have used not liking gyms etc as an excuse not to lose weight in the past. Just walking 10,000 steps a day has really helped me and I am going to start swimming when I hit the half way mark.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure