My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2018 at 2:45PM
    Options
    Feeling better again today, although a bit sinusy (not sure that's a word!). Will head back to circuits tonight and see how it goes; if I have to take it a bit easy, it will still be better than doing nothing!

Whilst dinner was cooking last night, I cooked chilli for this evening to make life easier tonight as I don't get home until around half eight. I know its a bit late to be eating, but there's no way I could NOT eat! Won't have a lot so there should be some left to go with jacket potatoes later.

This is by far the most boring part of the month... nothing happens in my accounts so just waiting to be paid - which is back to looking like it will be Monday 28th.

BORING!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    I eat as late at 10:30PM some days, 8PM is a nice time to eat :) don’t starve yourself ever!! :D

I’ve subscribed to fancy email notifications on your posts now, check me out. They come right to my phone :)
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Oh we usually eat after 8... tonight will be more like gone 9 by the time I get home and sorted after class. Have no fear - there is ZERO chance of me starving myself... ever! :D

camz2017 wrote: »
    I’ve subscribed to fancy email notifications on your posts now, check me out. They come right to my phone :)

Ooooh! Get you and your fancy notifications! lol. I feel honoured!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All!

A glorious sunny morning here - just as well as our boiler went POP last night. Currently on the hunt for plumber to come out today! :(

Nothing remotely interesting happening moneywise, so I thought maybe I should log upcoming events that will require some expenditure....
    • meal out this Sunday for OHs Aunts 99th b'day (we will go halves with his sister)
    • Local film screening next Saturday for a film our friend is in (free film, just post-screening drinks to fund).
    • OHs b'day
    • Valentines Day
    • Wedding to attend on Valentines Day (present, drinks and travel)
    • My mums b'day
    • Step-Dads b'day
    • Hen-do in Barcelona (travel, accommodation and events all paid - will just be spends for 3 days and some new clothes!)
    • My b'day
    • Wedding (will require outfit, present, drinks and accommodation for 1 night)
    That gets us to the end of May - looking ahead we have a holiday pencilled in for July too! Somewhere in the mix I will also be decorating the house; Kitchen, lounge, hall-stairs-landing + potentially new flooring to all 3. Oh, and we could do with a new mattress and sofas! And.... we might move!! lol

And that's how it happens!! One minute you think things are looking ok and then !!!!!!... I may as well be stood on top of a skyscraper throwing out £20 notes!!
  • camz2017
    Options
    I can relate to the skyscraper. I feel like I throw my money in a bathtub and burn it. :D

I hope the boiler isn't too expensive, but just like cars, boilers are usually a fortune. Be careful if using electric heaters as they cost a bomb.
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    camz2017 wrote: »
    I hope the boiler isn't too expensive, but just like cars, boilers are usually a fortune. Be careful if using electric heaters as they cost a bomb.

Luckily (for this anyway) we rent, so the landlord is on the case!

Suffering from 'that Friday feeling' today so have spent a chunk of time playing with my spreadsheets and online window shopping. I need some 'core' items of clothing such as tops, jeans etc - but even with giftcards in my purse I am reluctant to buy anything! Probably as they are needs rather than wants and are really uninspiring! lol. I did however find a lovely dining room table and chairs which would be exactly what I would like if/as/when we move! That's gone in my scrapbook of ideas!

Sooo tired again today - so tired I have had to resort to wearing my glasses ... only need them for monitor work and even then not all the time - but today I could feel my eyes straining and I do not want to end up with a headache.. so on they've gone! Pah to getting older!

Have a good weekend all! x
  • camz2017
    Options
    If it helps, I'm so blind I can't even see the different between the shampoo, shower gel and conditioner when I shower. I can't see my laptop screen text what-so-ever, and I'm so short sighted I can't see things close up now also... My life without glasses / contacts is one big blur.
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Plumber came this morning - not going to be fixed until Weds as the 2 parts that have broken are not available 'off the shelf'! Oh, and that's no heating or hot water! Great! At least its not 'that cold' here! OH bringing a fan heater home from his work! Good job we have an electric shower and that the washing machine is only cold feed!
  • camz2017
    Options
    Hope the electric heater helps :) & at least you don't smell!!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All!
    Sooo glad the temperature is remaining above zero here - means that our house doesn't get ridiculously cold.... just rather chilly. Fan heater doing a great job; although OH forgot to bring the one home from work so we had to buy one!
    Letter came on Sat re OH's Plevin case - apparently "it is a complex case" and have therefore given themselves another 8 weeks to come to a conclusion! Looking at the calendar that's around the 16th March!
    Online shopping has resulted in 2 x pairs of shoes and a dress! Whoops! But, the 2 x pairs of shoes are from the E5P website and are therefore a total bargain - the dress wasn't a bad price and is for the wedding on the 14th Feb (shoes and bag to match already owned so not too bad overall!)
    And that's pretty much it from me. MUST look through OH's paperwork this week and get back on top of house-work bits. I have a mountain of clean clothes that need to be put away and the kitchen is looking more cluttered than ever!
    Have a great week All! xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback