Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• norojoz
    Options
    HI! I've read a few articles and it seems I am in with a decent chance of getting 400 euros (x 2) for mine and my fianc!e's ordeal yesterday at the hands of Ryanair, having been stuck at Alicante airport for 10 hours (FR8975)

the trouble I'm having is figuring exactly HOW to make a claim - not 'what should I write?' or 'do I stand a chance?' - could someone please just tell me - where does the compensation claim process begin? is there an address? an email address?

that's literally all I need and I can't see it anywhere!

many thanks
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Google Vaubans Guide and go from there all you need to know.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,017 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick update on my delay about 2 years ago. Gave it to Bott & co and they have been to court and are now sending the bailiffs in.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Quick update on my delay about 2 years ago. Gave it to Bott & co and they have been to court and are now sending the bailiffs in.
    Could be interesting ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Could be interesting ;)

Unfortunately, usually it isn't. It's just RA stalling to the last minute. When they receive the letter from the Dublin County Sheriff.....they pay up.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • silvercar
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Unfortunately, usually it isn't. It's just RA stalling to the last minute. When they receive the letter from the Dublin County Sheriff.....they pay up.

Why would they do that, knowing that (a) the court judgement has been made and (b) Bott & co are guaranteed to follow it up.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    Why would they do that, knowing that (a) the court judgement has been made and (b) Bott & co are guaranteed to follow it up.

silvercar,

They've been trying to stall you (and Bott's) with your claim since you started the process.
    They aren't going to stop now.
    Yes Bott's will follow this up, (they are aware of the mechanisms needed to execute the order in Eire) but RA gamble on the average litigant not knowing this and, naively thinking that RA will now pay up.
    They don't, regardless of the court order. It needs executing and that is what the Dublin County Sheriff's will do.
    Then and only then will RA pay up.
    You are nearly there though.......

Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• silvercar
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    silvercar,

They've been trying to stall you (and Bott's) with your claim since you started the process.
    They aren't going to stop now.
    Yes Bott's will follow this up, (they are aware of the mechanisms needed to execute the order in Eire) but RA gamble on the average litigant not knowing this and, naively thinking that RA will now pay up.
    They don't, regardless of the court order. It needs executing and that is what the Dublin County Sheriff's will do.
    Then and only then will RA pay up.
    You are nearly there though.......

I thought that RA would now be aware that Bott are handling and that they would know that Bott do follow up.
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    I thought that RA would now be aware that Bott are handling and that they would know that Bott do follow up.

silvercar,
    RA will be aware that Bott's are handling your case. But to them it makes no difference.
    The court judgments against them can just pile up until....the execution order arrives.
    You can just imagine the process flowchart in RA's EU261/2004 claims department.......last process:-

'Don't pay until the execution order arrives (no matter who is handling the claim)'.

Mr O'Leary hates EU261/2004, he probably wrote RA's process to deal with it himself.

• Fourreux
    Fourreux Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I have a dilemma here...
    I contacted Bott & Co after a few unsuccesfull claims to get compensation from Ryanair for a flight delay over 3h and less than 1500km. Even after involving the CAA who stated in my favor.
    I then decided to pull back from Bott after reading about the Retail Onbudsman on MSE.
    Bott & Co confirmed that they closed my file and will take no further action on my behalf.
    However, in the meantime, they had already sent an initial letter to Ryanair.

After recieving the cancellation confirmation, I received an email from Ryanair stating the following:

"Dear Mr XXX,

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 27/07/2016 from Bott and Co Solicitors on your behalf.

We sincerely regret the delay of your flight FR2811 from Birmingham to Montpellier on the 06/05/2013, which was caused due to an unexpected technical fault with the aircraft due to operate your flight.

I wish to confirm that we are organising a payment for your compensation and in order to proceed, we require you to submit your home (living) address.
    Please click on the below link to submit this information: XXXX

Please quote the above reference when replying.

Yours sincerely

For and on behalf of
    RYANAIR LIMITED"

My question is what should I do next?
    Should I keep going on my own?

Should I get in touch with the onbudsman anyway for the next step (as i was going to)?
    Can Bott & Co be involved again even if I received their confirmation about closing the file?

Also what can I expect in terms of money? Should I discuss that before any agreement?
    By the way, I tried several times to connect to the link enclosed with no success...! I imagine i will have to get in touch with RA for that matter too.

I must say I am a bit confused here, and some help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure