The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 October 2016 at 3:37PM
    Options
    I have spent most of the weekend in bed. Am v tired we break up for hols next week and I can catch up on rest then. I have been eating very healthily though as the boys left me loads of salad etc when they popped by on Friday night on the way to Susan's. They are going to Spain on hols.

I received my M and S credit card but realised I will only get a £5 voucher rather than a £25 one as that offer finished in August. Still one pack of new socks is better than none. lol. :o

Next Saturday 3dogs, the boys, craftyhants and other friends go to London for a day trip. Dead excited. (I've no money to spend but still it will be good to have a look around!!!!!).

Everyone I speak to at work is as broke as me. Still it is nearly Christmas I think I am going to put my tree up over half term as it cheers me up. lol. :):D:D:D:D:D:D

Am going to nip out to corner shop to buy some crisps I deserve them I think. :rotfl:

OK I know I am broke. I have about £70 left till payday!!!! I have just spent £30 buying a couple of coffee tables from ebay. They will go in my downstairs lounge as the table in there is too big. Yikes. Now I've got to sell the table that is in there already. Fingers crossed.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have just had an amazing email from M&S. I didn't ask for this but they noticed that I had a current account with them and are giving me £25 of vouchers as a reward for now opening a cc account with them. New socks here I come!:j And I was feeling poor:T

I am going to London with the gang on Saturday. I will use M&S credit card to buy something to get the vouchers. I will only buy food and train tickets to avoid wasting money.

On Sunday I will receive the cross trainer. The boys are going to sort out their stuff in the garage and then I will be able to use the garage as a gym and focus on skinnydom again!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:j

Work is so stressful it's frightening. I am working full time unpaid on my day off to try to keep up. Hols next week but I will have to work everyday!!!!!!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I had a fab time with the gang in London and spent most of yesterday in the New Forest having a ball. I have tried the cross trainer too. Blimey I am unfit but I will do some everyday to get skinny. So happy.

I don't need to buy anything more now except xmas presents and will deal with that next month. Yay.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 25 October 2016 at 7:53PM
    Options
    I may have sold my old coffee table. Someone has agreed to buy it but hasn't paid yet. Yay. Kerrching :beer:

I spent £0.20 on tea today! I did a fair bit of work even though it is the holiday to avoid stress later next week. Weather is bright and gorgeous and autumnal.

Only 2 months till Christmas. Yikes.:) so far I have £75 of mastercard vouchers and I have £150 that's it for xmas and the £20 in my xmas account:D
  • savingwannabe
    edited 26 October 2016 at 6:43PM
    Options
    I did four hours of work again today despite the holiday as the workload is crazy. Now I'm chilling at home. It is gorgeous and dry and I have hung out a second load of washing. Am tired with v low blood sugars so after swigging Lucozade I am going to have a nap then will cook something fab.

The sun is shining and all is well in the world. I have just bought a hat from fleabay. It was a bargain price £5 and I love hats.:j I am allowed £120 spending money a month and I have used some of next month's money.:o
  • savingwannabe
    edited 28 October 2016 at 3:46PM
    Options
    Just done 4 hours of work, I am up to date at last. Whilst in London, I spent £1.90 on my credit card with M&S and today £25 of vouchers arrived. I am going sock shopping on Tuesday which is my day off. Good things come to those who wait. lol.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    My work shoes have died on me. I have had to order another pair! After this I am not going to use my credit card anymore. No spending for the next month.

I am going on a steam train holiday with the boys in December to start of my Christmas holiday so I am saving from now on.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 30 October 2016 at 2:24PM
    Options
    Payday tomorrow. I am saving £250 this month as usual and I am not spending any money other than on bills and food.

Am excited about the holiday in December. 6 weeks of work left to cope with. I have just moved the furniture around in the downstairs lounge it looks great.

I have cleaned the windows, done washing, hovered and mopped. I am about to do my ironing. My life is soooo exciting:rotfl:

All my friends are feeling the pinch or maybe they are feeling sorry for me. They all said there isn't much need for xmas presents this year so I only need £100 for mum and dad, £60 for nieces and maybe £40 for Janet and CraftyHants. Two hundred pounds is affordable. Yay.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 6 November 2016 at 9:17PM
    Options
    My kitchen fund has gone up by £250. Marks and Spencer voucher was used to get socks and some undies. V happy!!!!! Got essentials for free.

No money spent this weekend. The drop in temperature has kept me inside huddled in front of the radiators and tv. The boys came yesterday and decluttered most of their stuff from my garage which has left me with space. It looks great in there now.

All in all it has been a good restful weekend. I didn't bother to do any marking. I tidied instead and chilled. Am thinking about the American election ? What happens if Trump wins? OMG. Two of the most powerful world leaders will be Putin and Trump. God help us. The mind boggles!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 8 November 2016 at 9:14PM
    Options
    Am marking exam papers. Sooooo bored. It is freezing outside I have the heating on high and am in pjs marking slooooowly.

Outside the clouds look like snow clouds but it isn't supposed to snow down saaaarf. We shall see. I fancy a few days off with snow days I hope it happens.

I know my opinion isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference but I am fascinated by the American Election. Maybe there is a hint of schadenfreude there but it is so captivating. I am deciding whether to stay up tonight to watch the results come in. It is soooo different from the last election there.

I could kick myself. I bid on an auction for an item of clothing without thinking. £10.40 spent by mistake. I regret it sooooo much. Plenty of marking done though so I am pleased about that.

My money is on Clinton. Fingers crossed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure