PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Josephiney83
    Options
    It was very complicated Rambosmum! Our vendors were moving into a new build that wasn't ready, we were going to go into rented but our first buyer pulled out days before expected exchange. Got another buyer, they pulled out. First buyer then came back (more or less same time as vendors were ready to move) but then he disappeared again. Final buyer came on board at the end of June so it's been just 7 weeks or so for the last buyer. This week was very stressful and there were times I thought we'd never get there! We've been living out of boxes since march!
  • benevs
    benevs Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    So I'm moving across to this thread after receiving my mortgage offer yesterday.... Full timeline so far.

04/08 - Reserved house
    08/08 - Agreement in Principle with Halifax for £108k
    10/08 - Full Mortgage application submitted with Halifax
    11/08 - Hard credit search on my credit report showing
    11/08 - Spoke to solicitors and paid them there initial fee to start searches
    14/08 - Told by mortgage adviser I've passed there initial credit checks and they have instructed valuation
    16/08 - Received Help to Buy approval and authority to proceed
    17/08 - Valuation Done and has come back all OK
    18/08 - Application sent to underwriters to sign off
    22/08 - Full mortgage offer received

So I last spoke to the solicitors on the 11/08, when I completed all there documentation and also paid them there initial fee to start searches. Not heard from them since so no Idea what there doing. I'll give them a call this afternoon
  • humidex7
    humidex7 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Surrey_EA wrote: »
    I don't wish to rain on your parade, but it is highly likely that more enquiries will now be raised following the results of the searches.

Whilst it is week 13 since your offer has been accepted, it is only 3 weeks since your solicitor received the package of documents.

As such, I'm afraid it is probably unlikely you will exchange this week, although not impossible.

Oh no... I had not thought of this :( Damn. Thanks for the heads up.
  • sukavi2011
    Options
    Hi all, cant believe I havent been on or commented since pg 2, congrats to all those exchanged, or almost there. I was hoping to be completed by this week but didnt happen and have 14th Sept in mind to complete. Sols were waiting on vendors sols inquiries. Turns out vendor was aware 14 months ago of works (repointing work, chimney breasts etc) due to be carried out by leaseholder and said nothing, this would mean another 2-3k expense to me. but there is no set date yet to be done. I could go back and negotiate price or I can swallow it and carry on as so close to exchange. My buyers are pressing for exchange and I dont want them to get itchy feet and pull out, Ive had house on market exactly a year this week and dont want to wait any longer. Its so stressful.
  • SeagullFTB
    Options
    We have finally exchanged!

We reserved the property on 04 June 17, and had the mortgage offer and HTB authority to proceed by the end of June. It's been a long wait since then whilst the solicitors deal with everything, but we've finally got there. Only a few months until the build is hopefully completed.
  • bm147
    bm147 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Finally completed yesterday! In time for the bank holiday weekend!
    Moving items tonight and tomorrow night as dont have anyone available at the weekend to give me a helping hand!

Good luck to all those waiting to exchange!
  • sukavi2011
    Options
    Congrats to you both, hope you dont wait long til completion Seagull.
    Bm at least you will have those extra days to unpack, clean, and if possible relax.
    I am hoping to speak to solicitor this afto and set exchange date so fingers crossed.
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Received all the first property info and fixtures and fittings details in the post this morning and have raised a few questions with my solicitor, nothing major just a few things to clarify or omissions from the form. My solicitor also confirmed she is in receipt of the mortgage offer so all seems to be ticking along nicely. My solicitor has been very on the ball so far and seems to turn things around immediately so I'm pleased about that. Just hope the searches come back fairly quickly! Is an October completion realistic?
  • ric1982
    ric1982 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Hi @Pumpkim,

At what stage do you receive the all property documents? Is the vendor's solicitor sends draft contract to buyer's solictor and they buyer (two copies sent via post) ?
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    ric1982 wrote: »
    Hi @Pumpkim,

At what stage do you receive the all property documents? Is the vendor's solicitor sends draft contract to buyer's solictor and they buyer (two copies sent via post) ?

Our solicitor received the pack within days of our offer being accepted, I think because a previous sale had fallen through so it was all ready. The solicitor held on to it until the mortgage offer was issued - this was our instruction, we could have let everything keep moving while we were waiting but I'm too cautious!
    With our sale the solicitor sent us a property information and fixtures and fittings form to complete, which we filled in straight away and returned to them. They then forward this as part of the draft contract pack to the buyers Solicitor, and any queries are raised. This is the info we've now also received for our purchase.
    HTH:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure