3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    Options
    Evening All.... :)

Well I'm doing an all-nighter at Work....kind of wishing I hadn't agreed to it but it's got to be done so I might as well just suck it up and get on with it :D

Nothing to Report moneywise, January was always going to be a difficult Month with regards to money....But I'll get there...We ALL will :)

carbootcrazy - I'm so so so so pleased that you're staying with us...and what a wonderful Friend to remember what you had given her and deciding to pay you back...I'm so thrilled for you!! I've Updated the First Page hun xXx :)

Dobbibill - Thank You for your lovely encouraging words...You're always so lovely!! xXx :)

[Deleted User] - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing a MARVELLOUS Job on your EF!! xXx :)

patman99 - I'm so sorry to hear that your Mum is in Hospital....I hope she is doing better now.....I've Updated your Total on the First Page...Did you want to set a Target? xXx :)
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    Hi all

Sorry I've not been on this thread in a while. Still plugging along at the fund with the 52 week '50p saving challenge' (up to £5.50 now as transferred yesterday) but also yesterday marked the start of my £45-a-week internal direct debit so all in all I'm now at

£1,338.27 / 4,600
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 24 January 2016 at 2:59AM
    Options
    You're up late, lexbubbles, as am I:rotfl:

Had a brilliant book that I just couldn't put down until I'd finished it. I know you love gaming but give me a good book anytime:j. Keeping my eyes open is a struggle now though, been up since 5.30 yesterday morning to get myself organised for the tabletop sale.

You're doing brilliantly well with this challenge:T. Good luck with your other ones too:beer:

Bed calls. Night night.
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning People :D

lexbubbles - I'll update the First page in a second...You're doing AWESOME!! xXx :)

carbootcrazy - Thank you for always being encouraging and supportive....You're a diamond!! xXx :)
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there DreamerHelen and everyone :wave:

That's another fiver in my EF bringing the total to £35.29. :j

Keep going everyone, we're doing it!

AFx
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Campers :D

Well it was a lovely Birthday few Days....I went out with a Friend for Lunch on Thursday...then to a Central London Restaurant on Friday Night....then out to a Restaurant with my Family last Night....so I'm feeling very grateful and happy.... :)

Monday's always make me feel positive....It feels like there is another chance to make new Dreams and there are always new Possibilities with a new Week!! :D

ani*fan - I've Updated the First Page....Keep it going...You're doing AWESOME!! xXx :)

Keep it going everyone....We WILL all get there xXx :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 25 January 2016 at 9:50AM
    Options
    I'm so pleased you had such a lovely time on and around your birthday, Helen. Shows what a special person you are when so many family members and friends want to make it so fabulous for you:A

I know what you mean about Mondays too:T. I've never felt that sinking feeling of 'oh no, it's Monday' after a weekend off.

It's a bit like the positive feeling at the very start of a new year with a shiny new diary to start on;). I can't believe that we will soon be into February though, it doesn't seem five minutes since I was transferring all my memorable dates and info into my new diary:eek:

Have a great week everyone:beer:
  • stoplurking
    Options
    Hello fellow challengers.

I have been keeping up with your progress so well done everyone. Helen, I'm glad you had a lovely birthday and I'm going to try taking your and CBC's positive attitude to Mondays on board and try it myself.

Good luck for the month ahead, this is a great challenge and even though I'm only getting started, it is started. I am helping a relative out with a loan payment every month and I think it finishes this year. It's about 5% of my EF every month so once it's done I hope to put that in my fund every month instead.

Thanks for doing the updates, Helen.

Pay day today so EF now stands at 280/4000
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • crimson.addict
    Options
    What a lovely car, crimson.addict:j

Sorry about length of this post:o. I've decided to put the £300 in my EF for this challenge which is purely my savings for a new-to-me car when the time comes. It will not be plundered for anything else, that's what the £1000 EF is for.

Thank you :) I picked it up Friday and am already in love. I already hate the colour though. It's filthy already hahahaha.

That money must have meant an awful lot to your friend for her to remember it after all these years. I really hope this will be the beginning of getting back in touch with each other and becoming close again.

Good luck saving for the car :) I'm so happy with mine and it's also slightly MSE buying second hand. My cars not even 3 years old and i've just bought it for half the price the first guy did!! I found his invoices ;)
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you :) I picked it up Friday and am already in love. I already hate the colour though. It's filthy already hahahaha.

Good luck saving for the car :) I'm so happy with mine and it's also slightly MSE buying second hand. My cars not even 3 years old and i've just bought it for half the price the first guy did!! I found his invoices ;)

About the only sensible financial decision I made in my life:o was to never buy a brand new car straight out of the showroom. Even in the days when I was working and earning a very good salary I never succumbed. I used to go for demonstrators and that sort of thing, hardly any mileage on the clock and a huge saving on new.

Nowadays a demonstrator will be way beyond my budget and even if it was owned by someone previously I could never manage anything as new as yours is:(. There are often little-used older car bargains to be had though:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure