PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th July 2017

Options

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I'm not moving.

Ever again.

Who needs a gym to do 'squats' (or whatever evil thing an trainer may claim is 'the best thing ever') when you have eleventy-billion noxious weeds to remove from a hill?

If I manage to go to the gym at any point between now and [strike]the heat death of the Universe[/strike] next Wednesday, I shall be going no further than the pool/jacuzzi/steam room/sauna.

CBA to find out what crud Himself has left for me upstairs, especially as I know he needed to shave his head before he left. Well, the bit from his ears down, at any rate.

It's time for a Ding Dinner, possibly bath, and then bed.

On a lighter note, I've been invited to a 'do' tomorrow night. With proper cooked food, so no cooking/kitchen cleaning required then. I might be capable of walking or at least getting up off a chair without wincing and complaining about my bum hurting. :D

My one effort at housework has been to take the brand new polka dot oilcloth out of its packet and stick it over the kitchen table. I have no intention of Himself using it any longer as somewhere to 'work' when he has already commandeered the spare room for this purpose.

Tomorrow might see me put a vase of flowers on it.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    crashed out with migraine yesterday..still not feeling great so have just managed WMX1..DWX2
    Hoovered through house and sorted DS2s bedding

OH made tea thankfully and have managed a small helping...didnt eat at all yesterday

OH taking car to be welded tomorrow..hope its not too expensive as has had a new exhaust already...both driveshafts replaced and still needs 2 new tyres before MOT next week..expensive month...Why does it always land on us just as kids holidays start ?

So sorry Dizzy,,we went through this a few years ago,,so heartbreaking xx

Well done Kaz..thats a frog cleared

Hope its sorted for good now Sunnygirl ...not nice to have to keep raking it up
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sunnygirl - that really is spectacularly tactless of them - get your MP involved as clearly their systems are inappropriate. I was under the impression govt. depts. have implemented systems to cope with this (tell us once?)

Running round after toddlers is tiring :rotfl:
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tomorrow might see me put a vase of flowers on it.

ooh girl.. you're living life on the wild side!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    ooh girl.. you're living life on the wild side!!!

Well, last time he was absent for a long time (two years ago) I reorganised, decorated and totally tarted up my bedroom.

On his return, he came round, was incredibly impressed (lots of wibble about 'fancy hotel' and suchlike), stayed the night -

and never went home again.

This time he's not away for nearly so long - and has to come back - so no point in taking too much time out of my day; I only need mark it as Not His Territory Any More.

He's got gibble in every room in the house. Only the garden is free (other than more gibble in the shed of a thousand eight legged monsters).

That table is mine.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone

Sorry to read about your poor moggy Dizzy -Hugs to you all

I seemed to be a bit out of synch with the listies this week but it's all come round eventually :)

Dailies done
    S&S'd bathroom after OH's bath
    Hoovered all through and brushed/shook out the mats
    Quick sweep and wipe round of the front porch
    Visited library
    Cleaning stuff purchased in the saving shop
    I bought a 'dinner at home' from M&S for Saturday. Meant to be going shopping with DH (who lurves shopping) and so probably late home - sigh
    Kitchen all put to bed
    Rubbish and recycling put out

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons if you need any
    Hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

DH ran his railway again today for people from where I did my placement. Over 2 days we have collected £100 for charity :)

I have not achieved a great deal other than WUDUPA and walked the dog twice.

Love the ideas of flowers as a territorial marker, Jojo :D
  • Cheeky_Girrrl
    Options
    Evening all

As I've said - I've been a long time lurker on this page and v jealous of all the domestic goddesses here. I've now done 4 in a row of Level 1, baby steps and no where near getting organised :mad:

I won't be able to make the required dent tomorrow in the spare room but will have a blurry good go

Thanks all for inspiring me :A
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    House vacuumed
    2xwm done
    Bathroom S&s
    Loo cleaned billions of times. I think I need to steam clean it as it pongs of male wee. Tmi sorry X
    Went to the catalogue shop, they didn't have any new catalogues as apparently they are being fazed out so are in selective branches only. Bang goes a bit of peace whilst ds2 plans his birthday list.

Dizzy Sorry to hear about Kitty. Hugs X

DH has taken tomorrow off so I can go to sw alone. House is a tip but will have to wait.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jumping on quickly to say Morning, and belated hello to Cheeky Girrrl :wave:.

After a storming start to the week, it went seriously downhill yesterday. Dropping off, waiting for and picking up DD seemed to take up most of the day, although I did get the groceries done. Gave up when we got back, so made a HM pizza instead.

Off to paid stuff in a minute. WM is loaded for later (and it has just started raining again...) and HHI done.

Have a lovely Friday everyone. I can't believe we have had over a week of the holidays here already.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure