Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• borosteve_2
    borosteve_2 Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    You may have to get the 500 point envelopes from ebay (as Tiff said above) - I got some about 2 months ago I think they were 5 for £3. The ones in tesco now are 300 points but that would still give £600 worth.
    You can't go wrong with carpet bombing...
  • vikki05_08
    Options
    Hi does anyone know which site offers the grading of the phone? (ABC)
    I looked on the sites last month and i got offered 70 off one for my w880i and it is now only showing 30 on the other sites.

Anyone??

Thanks.
  • welshchick40
    Options
    Hi, I just sent my nokia n95 to Mazuma recorded on Monday and received my cheque in the post today. So Thank you for recommending it.
  • Teza511
    Teza511 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Posted my phone to mobile2cash on the 22nd july 1st class post & still no reply, so i have sent them an email today. but by the looks of it, it will be lost :sad:
  • jowie
    jowie Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Nobody has mentioned http://www.fonebank.com/ - every time I or anyone else I know uses them, they give the best price in cash.
  • rchrisp
    rchrisp Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know the best site/place to sell your mobile phone? ive been quoted different prices all over the internet and was just wondering if anyone had any experence of websites as i am a bit hesitant about sending my phone off and maybe never seeing it again!

edit. didnt see this thread, thanks. i've looked on the tesco website and can't find anything about the trading for clubcard points anywhere? does anyone know if they still do it?
    Payment a day challenge:

Capital One Credit Card - £7.55/£1306.56

• jamesnichole123
    Options
    jowie wrote: »
    Nobody has mentioned http://www.fonebank.com/ - every time I or anyone else I know uses them, they give the best price in cash.

aah cool. yesterday I did trade in my mobile with http://fonebank.com/trade_in_mobile_phone.aspx on seeing its review at
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/fonebank_com__Review_5745084. today when I told about this to a colleague of mine, she recommended to check it in martins forum.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rchrisp wrote: »
    does anyone know the best site/place to sell your mobile phone? ive been quoted different prices all over the internet and was just wondering if anyone had any experence of websites as i am a bit hesitant about sending my phone off and maybe never seeing it again!

edit. didnt see this thread, thanks. i've looked on the tesco website and can't find anything about the trading for clubcard points anywhere? does anyone know if they still do it?

yes they still do it, theres mopay, envirofone where you select your make and model of your phone on the site and they will send (in envirofones case they do) a padded envelope and you put the phone inside and post it back, they then test it and tell you the result eg if it works and how much you would get for it
  • andrewman
    Options
    I recently sent my Sony erricson w850i to banana green.com, I was offered £29 for it, according to website, they sent out a cheque for the amount, that was on 29/08/2008,on Tuesday I emailed them asking where is the cheque they sent,as I have not got it. As of today no reply has been received, I am beginning to think Banana green may be a con, even though I got the address from money saving expert website. I will wait until Friday, before I take further action against company. Has anyone one else used this company.:confused:
  • tee_pee_2
    tee_pee_2 Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Options
    sent my mobile to mopay, wasn;t a high spec phone. i got £20 but some of the other sites didn't even offer £2. Very impressed with mopay, completed the online form, popped it in the letter box ( no proof) and 1 wk later check for £20.

Very pleased would use again though in hind sight getting Pof P is worth doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure