Miscarriage support

Options

Comments

• Nephthys
    Nephthys Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    tinkwings wrote: »
    Memories are a good thing we can't change the events in our past they make us who we are today. :A

Tinks - that's lovely!
  • any_name_will_suffice
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Sadly I have to ask if I can join this thread? I went for an early scan today, I should have been 8+6 by my dates, but scan showed around 7weeks and no hb, which is about when my bleeding started.

Just got to decide if I want surgery again, or wait and see what happens naturally. It's difficult as i haven't told work this time (it's only three months since my last mc).

I'm not really surprised as I knew something wasn't right.

It was the same sonographer as last time and she remembered me, she did say sometimes her job is really unpleasant when she has to give bad news.

I wish OH would reply to my texts and come home.
  • mrsj28
    mrsj28 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Options
    anyname - so sorry to see you on this board and hear of your loss :( just wanted to say I'm thinking of you, hope your OH gets home soon.
  • TeamLowe
    TeamLowe Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Options
    any name sorry to see you here and hope your OH comes home very soon
    have they discussed medical management with you? ie the pills?
    it's not pleasant but it could be a halfway between the surgery and the natural option
    thinking of you all x x x
    Little Lowe born January 2014 at 36+6

Completed on house September 2013

Got Married April 2011
  • any_name_will_suffice
    Options
    Thanks Mrsj28 and TeamLowe.

Not a peep from OH yet, I'm having cuddles with the dog in bed, although I'm officially working from home this afternoon, I had to switch the laptop off because it made my head hurt.

The nurse mentioned the medical management option, but I'm not sure it's what I want and she said she wouldn't recommend it as there's not really any advantage, IE I would still have to spend a day in hospital.

I wish I had asked if and when I need my anti-d injection.

On the plus side, my best friend finally put her wedding photos up on Facebook, so I've had half an hour reminiscing about her happy day.
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news anyname, I hope your OH gets to you soon xx
  • tinkwings
    tinkwings Posts: 3,288 Forumite
    Options
    So very sorry any name . Hugs all round today me thinks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    If you can think it........it will happen
  • maire1
    maire1 Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    Hi any name I'm sorry you find yourself here.

I know it's a very personal choice you have to make and you will have your own factors to consider, but when I had a mmc recently, I opted for erpc (surgical management) and from my experience, this meant no waiting for things to happen and it was all over in a day which, after a very stressful few weeks of constant knicker watching, was welcome.

Just my experience.

I'm thinking of you and empathise with the awful time you're having x
  • any_name_will_suffice
    Options
    Thanks maire1,
    I had an erpc after my miscarriage in July, and i did find a sense of closure afterwards. I had been holding onto my pregnancy that tine for about 6/7weeks after it stopped developing, so i didn't feel very optimistic about things happening naturally. I think i will see what happens over the next couple of weeks, and ask epu to book me in if i need to.

i am upset, but after our disappointment in July, we have been very guarded about taking about me being pg this time, i suppose a bit of self preservation if that makes sense. And i knew deep down something wasn't right so it wasn't much of a shock today, but still upsetting to hear someone say it out loud.

OH and myself really struggled with our relationship last time, we had a complete breakdown of communication and whilst I wanted him to be there while I grieved, he just went to work. It all came to a bit of a head and we both said some really nasty things to each other. I think he worries that because he's 48, (I'm 30), that it's his age causing the problem and I think he feels quite inadequate.

Sorry for rambling on, but it's good to get it off my chest. Having a miscarriage is the loneliest place I've ever been.

Thanks for all your support x
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Sorry for your loss any name.

This thread is a great reserve of support from ladies who all know what you are going through.

I hope no one minds me asking, but has anyone had any experience with BD Digi pregnancy tests and how reliable their conception indicators are?

I am absolutely convinced this pregnancy is going to go the way of my last. I did have symptoms up until a day or so ago but now my appetite is back, I have no nausea etc. I stupidly took another CB digi test earlier and it hasn't moved up, I was hoping it would have so I could get some kind of reassurance that my hormone levels were increasing.

I am so not expecting this pregnancy to go much further, and it is making me really anxious and miserable. Poor OH too..I really want to be blase about it and just take it a day at a time, but I'm struggling :(

I really hope no one minds me asking here. I don't really know where else I can post :(
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure