3 Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Called 3 today to Cancel I am on 200min ultimated text, data one month contract at £23 a month. They couldn't even match the deals on there own Web site, received my pac and will see if I get a call
  • RavingMad
    RavingMad Posts: 516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had a web chat with them the other day regarding the wife's contract. She was paying £7 pm for 600 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb and over the last couple of months she's been close to her data limit.

At first they offered me 4gb for £16 but when I mentioned a friend was getting 4gb for £9, they quickly offered me the same deal. So 12 months of unlimited mins, texts and 4gb for £9 pm

Hope that's of some use for somebody
  • mrnomoneybags
    Options
    I just phoned three and they wouldnt budge on a discount from the web price on a simo
  • doubleug
    doubleug Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    My EE sim only for 150 mins /all txts/250g data ( am low user) was costing me £10 a month. 12 month contract just ended)--wife also has same deal--2 smart phones costing £20 a month on one account in toto--grrrreat.
    Saw that Virgin (also piggybacking on EE) was offering the same 150/all txts/250g data for £5 a month.
    Rang to close down EE and switch to Virgin--but EE said they could match what I'd spotted ....so...running two smartphones on low usage(as above) for a total £10 a month has put a nice smile on my fuzz!!
  • NurseMoneySaver1122
    Options
    Hi all

I'm one of the many people who were on one of Three's old plans and have been/soon to be changed into their new plans.

I have been on the One Plan, however as I haven't upgraded in I think 4 years (I know, not very money saving!), I have been paying £35pm for it, whilst many others paid £15!

I'm finally looking at their new contracts but will be looking to haggle regardless of which I choose. I've read of lots of people saving £7 on their £24pm one month plans (8GB data, unlimited mins & texts, 8GB personal hotspot (tethering).

So I'm just wondering what others have Achieved by haggling?
  • NurseMoneySaver1122
    Options
    Just to add to that...I'm particularly interested in the £24pm 12 month plan with 30GB data, Unlimited texts and calls, and 30GB tethering.

Has anyone haggled this plan lower?
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    I was on the One Plan and ended up with 600 mins, 30 GB for £25/month (12 month contract). They also included 2000 3 to 3 mins.

Personally, the current "special" offer of unlimited mins and 30 GB for £24 looks good to me, especially as we use their Feel at Home a lot too, currently enjoying the Spanish sun on our 5th trip here this year
    :beer:
  • NurseMoneySaver1122
    Options
    Oh wow so they didn't budge on their plan price with you then (excluding the additional 3 to 3 mins).

I'm also interested in the "special offer" plan. Just toying between that and the next one up (AYCE data for £33). It's just such a big jump, with respect to price, from the "special offer" plan ��

Has anyone achieved anything by haggling??
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    I don't think the AYCE data for £33 is worth it compared to the 30GB for £24, I find Three's data very variable, school day mornings it's quite good, but pretty hopeless later in the day. Not many will be able to utilise more than 30 GB each month, and AYCE is limited to 30 GB tethered.
  • leslieknope
    leslieknope Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    my failed attempt at haggling with three:

called yesterday as i'm looking to get a new phone. i'm on their sim only plan right now and i could stick my sim only for a while longer to be money saving, but i really want a new phone :rotfl: i've been with three for 9 years.

my friend, who i introduced to three 4 years ago, called up in october. they gave her the 128gb iphone 7 with no upfront cost and 30gb data (unlimited mins and texts included) for £51 a month. i know, i know, it's a lot of money. i have always gone with their unlimited data plan because i use my phone a LOT. so i thought i used a lot of data. hoping to get a similar deal to this, i called the renewals team. surely after 9 years of loyal service, despite a lot of previous issues including completely losing a mobile while repairing it and adding a default to my record (it was removed as not my fault!) i would be able to get something similar?

nope. nada. zilch.

they offered me the 32gb iphone 7 with 30gb of data for £47 a month with a £49 upfront cost. i suggested that if they give me the 128gb i would be willing to pay this upfront cost but not for the 32gb when my friend was given the higher phone for nothing! they said they don't offer any better deals no matter how long you're a customer - despite having done this in october. he said that if i wanted the larger phone i should just buy it upfront at the apple store. the manager on webchat said all he could do was offer me £2 a month discount but only if i took out a plan right then.

am i being unreasonable?? i didn't think i was. and their agent telling me just to buy the phone in the apple store if i really want it... :mad:

have been looking around. vodafone are offering a sim only plan with 25gb of data for £25 BUT they give you a free premium subscription to spotify. i already pay for this because i do a lot of traveling and love to listen to music so i'm really only paying £15 a month. and as the adviser from three told me i'm only averaging 11-14gb of data a month, looks like i no longer need to stick with three AYCE!

i wonder how long it'll take me to cancel....
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family