PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2018 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Frith How scary for you! How did DS2 react? Was he able to put all his culinary skills into practice to look after you both?

Yesterday was a day of taxi driving children around.....

1. Freebie Cafee Nero with DD.

2. New hair dressers with DS2......half price hair cut - introductory offer. :j It was artistry, not hair cutting!

3. I have cleared the bedside table. Organised the books. Books unread...3. Books on decluttering .....2. Books on housework .....2 Books on better teaching .....2. Books on mindfulness 2. Books I actually read.......0 :rotfl:

4. Physiotherapist appointment. DH did not need his appt, so asked if I could have it for the pain in my knee and back. 45 mins later I am a new woman!...... Had a great nights sleep, as did not wake up trying to turn over. The man is a magician! :A

5. And the hen finally laid an egg after months and months. :j

Have a lovely day :)
  • 5 Was again beached ready in the gym. Trimming is doing well this year.

4 Then offs home with BoPsie to proper foods, last night was finger of fish and salad, with chilli dip. Wolfed down with eau de faucet and then cocoa and marmite! Tum was indeed in need of a rubbing.

3 Raffles, who’s adventure on Monday had clearly upset BoPsie, was resting after his day out. BoPsie was cuddled by his presences.

2 Night BoP will be inn the wobbleade emporium sampling the waters and offerings. Aeration is required. More later. Inn the meantime, normal lunch box today and you should see it as well! This morning, BoP purchased a bacon banjo with mushrooms, thirst of the year and it could be a while before the next one!

Tomorrow is Jenny day! With apologies to Mhags!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit dull today but has stayed dry.

Lovely doggy walk first thing with Mr H and his ladies! Much fun haring round the fields. Much you chase me and then I'll chase you. God fun to watch them.

I have a new carpet! And all my furniture is back in place and if I just did an ironing then I'd have a tidy spare room too.

Bedroom looks an oasis of calm and tidiness...just need to keep it so!

Hospital with DD2 for pre op. Left early to try and get a parking space which we did. She had some lunch there and we just sat in canteen. Had a 'hi mhagster' moment and hadn't a clue who it was but just beamed back a huge smile until I could see her name badge! Then realised it was someone I'd worked with 25 years ago and she wasn't a nurse then!

Quick walk down to post box and met Haggis lady friend so had another blether .

Having chicken in a peppercorn sauce from freezer.

Need to do my CV tonight. Been on the to do list but it really needs updated!
  • AstroTurtle
    Options
    1. New barbers in town cost £15 per cut less than competitor
    2. Making a batch of Rice & Chicken for work
    3. Attempting to motivate myself to go to the Gym more
    4. New job means 10,400 miles less a year to drive
    5. 2 for 1 cinema!
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    That was a fantastic article on childhood books, Ampersand, thank you. For anyone who would like to revisit old favourites from a Fifties/Sixties/early Seventies childhood there is an excellent publishers called Girls Gone By A lot of their books are out of print, but not all, My own favourites were Monica Edwards' Punchbowl Series.
    I've befriended (on FB) her biographer, Brian Parks, who is an all-round good bloke,

1. Appetite back, after a few days dodgyness, and generally feeling slightly yeuch. It pales into insignificance besides Frith's pain, however.

2. Friend popped in to take me shopping, so appreciated, lots of bulky items bought, a pleasure to buy a loaf of bread for the freezer, as well as to use now. The trike is wonderful, but has limited capacity, and my shopping trips with Age UK, have about a third of that. They are still worthwhile though.

3. An old family friend has promised family photographs developed from negatives she had kept after her parents died. She refused payment.

4. Lovely meal out with friend, a gorgeous mixed grill, and they didn't incinerate the steak! Any restaurant in this area has always served a mixed grill steak cooked until it is like shoe-leather, As "well-done" is a euphemism for "totally $$^%£" in my book, this was always greeted with a resigned sadness.
    Today's steak had a red-pink heart, oh joy. The fried eggs were extremely runny, but I figure that most people must like them like that, it's me who is the oddball, in this case.

5. Chat with Dr C., (DS to new readers) who is on good form. His new snake, Darwin, is doing well.

6. Great nights out at live music clubs.

7. Your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Arm OK, same as yesterday but neck and other shoulder are aching presumably from being held at strange angles for nearly a week.

3) Hens well.

4) Bigger son came home from his father's.

5) We went to my parents' for lunch (picked up by my mum) and dad had made spag bol.

6) Did little at home after that. Watched smaller son play a bit of football outside. Tidied their room slightly. Bigger son cycled to carpet town to see his friends.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frith pleased the pain is less. It must have been terrible.

1. Work situation is going to be dealt with to some extent I think. I hope last Wednesday may make the situation better.

2. Friend dealing with a difficult situation at home and taking action about it.

3. Long chat with neighbour on Tuesday . Probably during the only dry period of the day as I got wet posting a letter to DS1. I posted him some easy recipes as he does all the cooking and he doesn't enjoy it. He also works long days.

4. Made a lovely shepherd's pie and froze one. Loads of finely chopped veg.

5. Went to bank on Tuesday and paid in money so my account is looking slightly healthier.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the link MCC, can see that my bank account is about to be raided somewhat!
    I was reading one of my Ellen Dugan witchy books last night and come across this quote;
    !!!8216;The Love of learning, the sequestered books and all the sweet serenity of books!!!8217; -Longfellow.
    Just about sums it up for me.

Wednesday pleasures,

Decided on a Larkin type day so started it with bacon, egg, toms and toast, filled us up nicely.

Then slow cooker was filled with beef stew ready for evening meal.

Weather was dull but at least no rain so small dog taken across the fields, good to see all the trees budding up.

Lovely farrier re-fitted shoe on princess pony, all these visits have certainly de-sensitised my girlie and takes it all in her stride.

Glass of red with casserole and a Yahtzee type evening.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Lainey Your day sounds lovely.:)

Yesterday

1. Amazing sleep after visit to the Physio.

2. Went to local hotel spa for the afternoon with DD, and voucher. Took lunch of leftovers, and freebies from coupons and cash back. Free hot drinks at the spa. Lovely relaxing afternoon for not much money! DD was disappointed we were not having a treatment. :eek:

3. Made dinner from freezer.

4. The Winslow Boy at the theatre with lovely friends. We did this play at school, but did not remember it being funny! Really enjoyed it. Took little bottles of wine for our interval drinks. So did our friends. So we had pre drinks and interval drinks! (I have taught them well...:cool:).

5. DD has flight details for ski job. Exciting!:j

Have a lovely day :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Poor FRITH how scary that must have been love, glad it's feeling less painful now and hope you're 100% very quickly!

1) Super run home on the motorways this afternoon.

2) Lovely meal out with DD1 and lovely James last night.

3) Viewed a really nice house yesterday and took DD1 along too. I loved it, she loved it, He Who Knows did NOT!

4) Retail trip to a Home Sense got me 2 x fire engine red kitchen utensil holders at very reasonable prices.

5) My strop over yesterdays house which was just what I wanted has gone because today we viewed another one in a slightly different area which has ticked ALL the boxes of both our hit lists, is as big as we have here but has living accommodation including a bedroom with an en-suite already in place on the ground floor (bungalow with a good loft conversion), is set in the middle of its' plot, has 2/3 of the garden we have here and a humungous garden shed which they are leaving, has a multi fuel stove already installed and is a 5 minute walk to shops, busses, doctors, dentist, library and has good dog walks from the front door. I hope again.....watch this space!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback