Anxiety and Debt Free Wannabe

Options

Comments

• Woodster76
    Options
    I would tackle the largest credit card first which is charging you around £30 per month in interest. I am guessing that is a higher interest rate than the loans. The smaller credit card which is 0% at the moment. What does that go to in November?

Your manager sounds lovely.

Thanks Enthusiasticsaver. Yeah the manager is lovely. Been fab with me.

I honestly don't understand the interest rate on the c/c just know it's a huge amount to put a big dent in hence why I seem to want to do the smaller ones first!
    16/10/2016 £9176.11 paid off 13/01/2017

£1.50/300

2017 - £25 PayPal - SB 2016 - £75 Paypal - SB
  • Woodster76
    Options
    My anxiety seems to have subsided a little. I find music relaxes me when I feel like I'm overthinking things. So I've managed to get myself to work and also do my second job which seems to cause the anxiety the most. Thankfully I'm off for two weeks from the second job now so that will save on petrol as its a 40 mile round trip twice a week.

So I've made a few payments this week and my debt has gone down to £9011.98.

Booked car in for a service next week. So until I know the damage I can only make really small payments atm. on the plus side get paid next week from second job!
    Another £5 to come from SB next week. Hopefully next weekend I'll have a better idea of how much I can pay towards the debts.

£1.50/300

• FinallyDebtfree2017
    Options
    Woodster76 you sound much better and good that you have Roy d ways to get you out of the dark clouds, one step at time.

Your manager sounds v supportive
    GOAL 30th November 2017 - 100% paid off, 0% debt left
    31st March 61% paid off:T
    March 2015 Debt at Highest
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Woodster76 wrote: »
    So I've made a few payments this week and my debt has gone down to £9011.98.

Hi,

Has anyone mentioned a Debt Relief Order (DRO) to you at all ?

I dont know all your personal circumstances, or if you have sort debt help at all in the past, but if you meet the criteria, it will wipe out your debt in 12 months, with no payments necessary.

Basic criteria are :

Must not be a homeowner
    debt less than 20k
    no assets over £1000
    car not worth more than £1000
    Must have £50 or less left after essential bills are paid (not inc credit payments).

Checkout the stepchange website for more info.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Woodster76
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone mentioned a Debt Relief Order (DRO) to you at all ?

I dont know all your personal circumstances, or if you have sort debt help at all in the past, but if you meet the criteria, it will wipe out your debt in 12 months, with no payments necessary.

Basic criteria are :

Must not be a homeowner
    debt less than 20k
    no assets over £1000
    car not worth more than £1000
    Must have £50 or less left after essential bills are paid (not inc credit payments).

Checkout the stepchange website for more info.

Thanks sourcrates but I am technically still a homeowner until the divorce comes through then obviously I will be bought out as he wants to keep the house. That money will then be put towards a deposit for a home of my own. This is why I want to clear my debts on my own as quickly as possible so hopefully all this divorce stuff doesn't hit my credit rating.
    I bought a car with a loan and then two weeks later given a compromise agreement from a previous employers and that's when everything started going down hill. I wasn't able to work and the debts started piling up. I've had to start from scratch and I'm happy I've got a full time job though it is temporary and I'm renting - nothing is certain. Yes I appreciate he may have had to make a few sacrifices to secure a mortgage to buy me out but he has a full time well paid permanent job that he's worked for the same company from when he left school.
    I enjoy this job and hopefully it will become permanent but I'm not sure how. I'm not sure how I can get a mortgage on a fixed term contract. I like the area I've moved to though I don't get much chance to explore the area or enjoy life at the moment as I'm always working. Or trying to fight off those dark clouds which I've been told will never go away and I'll probably be back at the Dr's at some point asking for help because I do feel unsettled and anxious about what the future holds. I've got to keep plugging away and hope I see the light at the end of the tunnel in the next 6-12 months!

£1.50/300

• Woodster76
    Options
    So on my only day off I went to see the rents and had a lovely Sunday roast cooked for me and an afternoon of football! Mum is a huge football fan!

Al,they could talk about was their new smart phones which they haven't got a clue about how to work so I've had to show them. Wasn't my patient self and my dad is deaf even with hearing aids in that I had to shout the instructions two or three times. I do appreciate what they do for me but it can be hard work sometimes that I get a bit snappy. I always feel guilty cos it's not my Dads fault he can't hear me.

So it's my big 4-0 next Saturday. Nothing wild planned as the last 18months has taken it out of me and not sure if I want to celebrate like everyone who turns 40! I may opt for a 41st bash next year! So rents have offered to take me out for a meal. Bit anxious about it so I compromised and said Monday would be better as it would be less busy. Plan is to pop to theirs on Sat and they offered to cook me some tea what would I like? so I replied egg and chips (I like the simple things) so Dad said chicken chips and curry it is then! Oh ok! ��

Managed to do a bit of swagbugs and not spend any money today. Three days to work and have a whole week off from my full time job. I won't know what to do with myself.

£1.50/300

• Woodster76
    Options
    Been a hard few days just to get myself motivated. Off work now for a whole week - recharge the batteries.

Made a small very small payment towards the debt. Received my £5 PayPal payment from SB. Will update my signature at the end of the week. Also have a think how I can make my money stretch.

£1.50/300

• Woodster76
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day but a bit bad spends wise.

As I already booked and paid up front for the car service they got the job done quicker than expected. They said they'd phone me within the hour if they're were any problems but it if not I could pick it up in a couple of hrs. I had planned to get the train home but decided I'd pop to th nearby town treat myself to breakfast and have a look round the shops maybe start the Xmas shopping. Whilst having breakfast they phoned said no problems but I will need a new windscreen wiper. Which I was meant to tell them about when I got there. I said yep get it changed I'm just got a few errands I'll pick the car up before dinner time.

So I bought a few Christmas cards and birthday cards. Went to the bank to make sure the joint account had been closed. It had. One less thing to worry about. Searched high and low for a man purse my dad wants for Xmas - or as I call it the Roy Cropper purse. Bought myself a CD. Totally walked past the shop where I usually buy slippers for mum. Then ended up spending £111.00 on 4 items of clothing for work. �� I forgot myself. But I didn't put it on the credit card and if they fit I think one item can be a Christmas present from the rents. I did need clothes for work. 2 items I really like not sure about one dress. All will be decided when I try them on.

After that thought no more spending. Picked the car up and was advised I'd need 3 new tyres within the next three - four months and to keep my eye on them. So I need to find money for them.

Went to Argus bought plastic storage containers because my flat is an absolute tip. So hopefully I can do a bit of a declutter and tidy up during my time off.

So nice to have a bit of a lie in knowing I didn't have to get up for work or other appointments.

Planning a NSD today after yesterday. I ain't leaving the flat.

Hope everyone has a good day.

£1.50/300

• Woodster76
    Options
    Update:
    Paid £11.77 off the debt this week! I have made a few small payments but waiting for the accounts to update otherwise I'll get confused.

So total paid £175.90 paid. 1.917% paid. £9000.21 outstanding.

£1.50/300

• FinallyDebtfree2017
    Options
    Hey Woodster76 you sound like you are in charge, which is great.
    Hope you had a good NSD sunday
    Definitely let your parents celebrate your birthday
    GOAL 30th November 2017 - 100% paid off, 0% debt left
    31st March 61% paid off:T
    March 2015 Debt at Highest
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts