Ovo Energy Switching Problems

Options

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 April 2014 at 6:09PM
    Options
    I received a letter from them within 4 days of applying (and one day of that was the comp site passing the app through). That gave me my Ovo ID, so the online a/c was set up 5 minutes later-all data there is correct and I am scheduled to switch at the end of April.
    I assume that this letter is the welcome pack-what else is needed anyway?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I assume that this letter is the welcome pack-what else is needed anyway?

It is the welcome pack.

All other communication has been by email and for me everything has gone ahead as expected although electricity seemed to take a little longer to show online.

I have phoned once, took about 5 minutes to answer but was at a peak time. Recent email was answered within 2 working days. Facebook posts have been very quickly answered and if you have access I would recommend this route.

To the OP - cancelling your DD will not cancel the switch and you may just find yourself with more hassle.
  • OVO_Energy
    OVO_Energy Posts: 60 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Yes you are correct in saying the Welcome Pack does come in email form.

Jem 16 - once we have received your confirmed opening meter reading the electricity supply will show on your online account :)

Cancelling your direct debit will not cancel the switch but we do ask our customers to have a direct debit on their account.

Please feel free to drop us any questions here :)

Thanks - Ovo
    Official Company Representative
    I'm a verified Ovo Energy representative. MSE has given me permission to reply to questions about the company, to help solve issues. (Check I'm on the verified companies list). I'm not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I have please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in the process of switching to OVO - received the initial email on Saturday ,5 days after I started the switch. I noticed then,that OVO had an address consisting of house number, town and postcode -no road!!
    I phoned up on the 0800 number (got thru in ~ 30 seconds!) and a very pleasant young lady took down the correct,full addy.
    Just wonder whether this address issue is the fault of SimplySwitch - and is slowing down the process as I haven't yet received a letter.:)
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Initiated my switch from EDF to Ovo on Tuesday 25th March using MoneySavingExpert's Cheap Energy Club.

Even allowing one day for it to be passed to Ovo it's now 10 days later and counting and apart from the "Hurrah! Your Energy Switch is in progress"
    confirmation email received from the Cheap Energy Club on 25th March so far there has been absolutely no acknowledgement of receipt of the application or any response from Ovo querying it. The application would appear to have fallen down a black hole?

Many other customers who have switched using other comparison sites have reported having received a response from Ovo within 3 to 5 days.

I would be grateful if you would explain why there appears to be a delay in processing applications made via the Cheap Energy Club and why applications made via other comparison sites appear to be being given priority.

What is causing the delay is in this particular instance and do you honestly believe that 10+ days is acceptable?

7 days is what is quoted and 7 days is what is expected. Any longer than that regardless of any increase in numbers of applications is not acceptable.

Please feel free to PM me for any details which you may require to resolve this.
  • daniel80
    daniel80 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Ive emailed them 5 times and not had one reply. They have lost my custom.
  • Frinky
    Frinky Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 4 April 2014 at 6:01PM
    Options
    I used the Cheap Energy Club to change from EDF April 2014 to Ovo's Cheaper Energy Plan.

I had a welcome letter this morning confirming everything. I'm surprised it actually reached me seeing as Ovo missed out 2 lines of my address.

Anyway, after reading the letter, I was shocked to see that my standing charges and my gas kwh price and my electricity kwh price were all higher than were shown to me when I switched via Cheap Energy Club.

I sent an email to [EMAIL="hello@ovoenergy.com"]hello@ovoenergy.com[/EMAIL] this afternoon, but after reading how many people are not getting a response via email, I'm not feeling particularly confident I'll get a reply.

It's very poor that a company that encourages people to use email instead of phone, and gives them a discount for doing so, doesn't seem to be answering emails.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed thus far, and if I don't receive a satisfactory reply to my email about being overcharged, I'll be phoning Ovo next week to cancel.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 4 April 2014 at 6:59PM
    Options
    Frinky wrote: »
    I sent an email to [EMAIL="hello@ovoenergy.com"]hello@ovoenergy.com[/EMAIL] this afternoon, but after reading how many people are not getting a response via email, I'm not feeling particularly confident I'll get a reply.

It's very poor that a company that encourages people to use email instead of phone, and gives them a discount for doing so, doesn't seem to be answering emails.

I sent 2 emails recently. The first sent last Saturday afternoon was answered on Tuesday around 5pm. I replied to it that evening. The 2nd reply arrived this morning.

So can't really complain - emails seem to be answered in around 2 working days.

If you want a faster response and have Facebook access use their Facebook page.
    I had a welcome letter this morning confirming everything. I'm surprised it actually reached me seeing as Ovo missed out 2 lines of my address.

Anyway, after reading the letter, I was shocked to see that my standing charges and my gas kwh price and my electricity kwh price were all higher than were shown to me when I switched via Cheap Energy Club.

Most of the issues I've seen recently seem to stem from a Cheap Energy Club switch.

I switched both mine and my parents at the same time through TopCashback and all details have been exactly as shown on the comparison - no missing address details and prices exactly as quoted.

Perhaps the issue lies with the CEC rather than Ovo.
  • Frinky
    Frinky Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    I sent 2 emails recently. The first sent last Saturday afternoon was answered on Tuesday around 5pm. I replied to it that evening. The 2nd reply arrived this morning.

So can't really complain - emails seem to be answered in around 2 working days.

Thanks man, hopefully my email will be answered by Tues/Wed.
    jem16 wrote: »
    I switched both mine and my parents at the same time through TopCashback and all details have been exactly as shown on the comparison - no missing address details and prices exactly as quoted.

Perhaps the issue lies with the CEC rather than Ovo.

Perhaps it is. I hope my problem with prices will be a simple fix :)
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why not just ring them up?

I rang their freephone number 0800 5999440 this afternoon and it was answered after a few minutes.

I didn't switch via the CEC.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport