Its OK I know I'm odd

Options
Morning

I decided to start this as a diary since I couldn't think where else to put this and I didn't want to lose the lesson.

Bit of a strange story from me (I know i'm weird so its ok:eek:).
Last night I had trouble getting to sleep - I often do - and I thought it was because I was worried about some stuff/home/work/etc.

Eventually though I decided my feet were cold so I threw a blanket over my feet & I was asleep within a minute. What I wanted to take from this little tale was that you can have all sorts of problems but don't forget you still need to take care of the little simple things in life.
Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.

Comments

• Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    Well I've been feeling a bit down lately, and that's not really me, I'm cheerful usually, so I looked about and thought hmmm, what do I have to be grateful for. There are those challenges on FB where you have to list thinks that make you happy etc for 5 days but since one of things that makes me down is no-one really likes the stuff I put on FB that would make it worse. So I thought just for me, I'd post it on here. I'll try to do it every day, and I'm going to restrict myself to 3 a day.

Today I'm thankful I have warm towels after my shower,
    I have a job to go to and a car to get me there.

Loads more for the next week - happier already

DMP support no438.
  • Happymac
    Happymac Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Sazzie23,

Well done on the new shiny diary. You are not odd, maybe different, and isn't that fab.

FB is a horror of a place. It is unrealistic, show off nonsense at times, an I am noticing the happy selfies have gone into overdrive as people try and exude that they are having the most fabulous christmas ever. (ps bet they aren't!)

So, good luck on the journey and I have subscribed. lots of lovely people on here who will offer great support. Pop in to a few diaries and say hello!

Cheers,
    Happymacxxx
    June 23.25/250 Monthly money making target
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,304 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    Thanks peeps, yeah I know there's a lot of competition out there for 'best Christmas ever' but it's not really my thing, and it certainly won't be true in my life, even if I won the lottery it wouldn't sort out all my problems (money doesn't buy everything :-( ) .

Anyway back to the good stuff, today I'm thankful for having a warm and dry house, a car to drive to work in (it's wet & windy), and good wholesome food to eat.

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    Oops missed yesterday, was relying on the thread has been updated mail but it didn't come.

So today I'm grateful for having a well paid job that I love, for having health which allows me to do the job and for having supportive colleagues (and managers) who have helped me through some really tough times.

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    Friday, although slept really badly, I can say that I'm grateful I have a bed to sleep in, and a roof over my head. I'm also grateful for the wonderful NHS who I rely on for my employment and healthcare of my OH who is living with cancer.

DMP support no438.
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    sazzie23

Sorry to hear of your OH's health issues.

I don't often post on this thread but wanted to say how lovely it is to hear people noticing the 'small' things in life that make us happy :D

Totally agree with you, roof over your head, warm bed and food on the table. So many people miss the small things and only concentrate on the big things.

I have a 19 year old Daughter who is considered 'odd' by her peers, she works really hard at her studies, is kind and considerate and is 100% confident in herself. She doesn't care that people think she is 'weird' because she bakes cakes at Uni and bothers to take a few down to the staff at the Uni reception or that she chooses to cook herself a proper dinner each night or that she doesn't stay up late drinking or partying. Weird/odd/different......isn't it great, who wants to be like everyone else!

Wishing you a wonderful and happy day x
  • Whitefeather8
    Options
    Hi Sazzie,

I loved the title of your diary. I admire people who "Dare to be Different".

th?id=HN.607996739025962528&pid=15.1&P=0

All the best in your debt busting and life in general x.
    Training Loan - £1300.00/£1,500 (13%), Halifax CC 300.00/£925.00 (31%), OS Weight loss 7.0lb/24lb (29%), Extra inc Nov £220, Dec £532.00, Jan Ex Inc target £200.00. Training hours 10/100 10%
    "Health is the greatest possession. Contentment the greatest treasure. Confidence the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy". Lao Tse

• Sazzie23
    Options
    Ah thank you Whitefeathers and Sanity, good luck to your daughter, I tried for a long time to fit in until eventually I realised I couldn't, I just have to be the best 'me' that I can.

I suppose some may ask 'why am I writing about grateful thoughts' in a Debt busting diary? Well for me there is quite a link between being unhappy, spending (and having) money and being miserable about being broke. There is also issues that I have to spend money on the OH for things like heating which I wouldn't have to if he wasn't ill, hence the fact that I'm grateful about the warm house because I'm trying to make a positive about what could be a negative. In the process of making myself recognise what is good about my life I hope to make myself feel better about having everything I want (identifying wants rather than needs) and therefore keep my debt busting on track.

Today I am grateful that we have good food to eat, a fridge and freezer to keep our food fresh and safe and that we have somewhere to cook and eat. I'm also grateful that I am able to enjoy my food and that the OH is able to have a selection of food to choose that he can enjoy at times.

It's the weekend, if you are reading this, have a Great weekend.

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    This morning I'm grateful I have a car to get me to work and not have to stand in the rain waiting for a bus. I'm grateful I have a few days off this week and I'm grateful I have good (corrected) vision so that I can keep in touch with my friends by phone.

DMP support no438.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills