Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Collected dd from brownie camp, all the girls looked exhausted! It is very good to have her home. And she is very glad to be back. She'll be having a bath and an early night tonight.

The month has started with my first NSD, and some crafting. Dd and I also made some paper chains for her room. While she was away, dh painted a section of her room, which she loves, so the chains are to accessorize it.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Found an awesome recipe for chickpea cookie dough mix:

Drain a can of chickpeas (save the juice to make vegan meringue!) And toast them fo 10-15mins. Zap with 2 tbsp pea butter, 3 tbsp maple syrup (I use 2 tbsp honey and it's still too sweet), 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt). Then mix in 2 tbsp choc drops (I omit this). Roll into balls and store in the fridge.

Then today, I had no chickpea tins, so used gram flour (4 oz) instead. I had to add more pea butter and a few dribbles of water to get the right consistency, but it has turned out okay. Very happy with the result. :D
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Out and about before work, looking for things for my niece's 21st. Found a lovely notebook so I can write in some simple and easy vegan recipes for her. Also got her a seaweed bath bomb from lush, as it's one that doesn't irritate her skin. Found 2x HPotter notebooks in the w0rks, for dd + a friend at Cmas, and they had the 10 cards for £1 so I got ... 10! Then on to Marks. Dd and I have both had nix from primarni recently, and the elastic in them has simply unravelled, meaning they don't stay up. Eek. so, back to Marks. I also got myself some needed socks, some not-so-needed thermal socks and a high-impact sports bra (for when I'm fighting fit...) that was much reduced. £48 gone in a puff of smoke... And that was just Marks.

We are coping with no heating still, but noticing the morning chill.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We have had a little bit of heating on for a week now. Under blankets just now!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    No heating here - but last night I was chilly when I went to bed and was chilly for a lot of today (am possibly overtired - my internal thermostat always goes haywire when I'm tired) I have drawn the living room curtains tonight for the first time and have several tealights lit on the mantle for the appearance of warmth! :D May put a thicker duvet on our bed at weekend (4.5 tog one on at mo)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    No heating here, but a roaring woodstove.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    No heating here, but a roaring woodstove.

:rotfl:That's cheating!:rotfl:
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another cheater with a woodstove...and I confess to the using the electric blanket to warm up the bed too when my internal thermostat goes haywire when tired.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I get that, totally freezing when I'm tired.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I go the other way and get all hot and bothered!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback