Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Options

Comments

• paulbrannan
    Options
    afmfifgh wrote: »
    Just checked and I can't get the Sky or EE offers in my area as they haven't rolled out to my area (no ever seems to have done so!)

So guess it will be a matter of trying to negotiate with TalkTalk. For new customers I see you can get:

Simply Broadband & Line Rental for £193.20 for the year plus £125 cash back via Quidco making it £68.20 for the first year = £5.68/month.

So that is what I will be aiming for in my negotiations. Has anyone else got any decent deals out of TalkTalk recently who are existing customers?

Thanks.

I was going to renew with TT, but seeing as they dropped in line rental had gone up another 30 quid told them I'd be leaving and off to EE if they couldn't do anything. The nice lady, just seemed to shrug and said she would process the cancellation. :/

Glad I waited anyway as the Sky deal blows them both out of the water.
  • blahblahdoh
    Options
    taxiphil wrote: »
    When paulbrennan posted that last night it was £105 on Quidco for standalone broadband unlimited but it's since changed to £100 (I ordered it last night, and just checked my screengrab of the Quidco page).

As you say, though, still an amazing deal.

Thanks taxiphil, and apologies paulbrannan - crazy activity by Sky at the moment, hard to keep up!
  • alistairm_2
    Options
    just spent 2 hours on the sky website and online chatting to mohab and brian to sign up to the offer of free broadband and line renral of £15.40 a month with £192 m and s voucher back and guess what, the website doesn`t work and the online operators just send you links to the same useless webpages. been told to use the ireland site and back the uk site - no point in having an offer if you dont let people sign up, now speaking to a phone operator who says the offers not available over the phone- stick to bt or talk talk or anyone else just DON`T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH SKY
  • barginpleasure
    Options
    meanmum wrote: »
    , and I've also been charged £20 for phone line transfer from Talk Talk - so it looks like this will apply to everyone new to Sky?

I also tried the Sky link and had the same but was under the impression that the £20 was for the new line as per

If you need a new line... It's £20. This can apply to anyone reconnecting a line or who is switching from cable.

I have had a 'BT' line for years so do not know why this would stand.
  • Happychappy
    Options
    Just switched from the scammers at EE who reneged on the Orange £5 for life broadband offer and switched to the Sky broadband package, free for the first 12 months, £15 line rental and £100 M&S voucher plus went through Quidco for £100 cashback, just hope the cashback and vouchers actually materialises ?
  • doveman
    doveman Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Note that TalkTalk's homepage clearly says "HALF PRICE Fibre Broadband £5 extra a month for 12 months" but clicking through and the T&C show that it's only half price for 6 months!
  • doveman
    Options
    Just called BT for my MAC code. After going through the whole "why are you leaving", "where are you going" spiel, they cut me off. Phoned back and had to go through it all again, offered me a deal which wasn't of any interest to me, put me on hold for about 5 minutes whilst they "generated the MAC code" and then when she came back told me the MAC code had been sent to the "offline team" and would be e-mailed to me within 5 working days. I asked if she couldn't just give it to me over the phone but she said no.

Is that correct or am I being messed about?
  • blahblahdoh
    Options
    doveman wrote: »
    Just called BT for my MAC code. After going through the whole "why are you leaving", "where are you going" spiel, they cut me off. Phoned back and had to go through it all again, offered me a deal which wasn't of any interest to me, put me on hold for about 5 minutes whilst they "generated the MAC code" and then when she came back told me the MAC code had been sent to the "offline team" and would be e-mailed to me within 5 working days. I asked if she couldn't just give it to me over the phone but she said no.

Is that correct or am I being messed about?

I think it's OK. Plusnet told me the same thing (up to 5 working days) but in fact sent the code via email just two days later.
  • doveman
    Options
    I think it's OK. Plusnet told me the same thing (up to 5 working days) but in fact sent the code via email just two days later.

Yeah, I checked the OFCOM regs and they allow them 5 days to provide it as well, although that is the max and I think was intended for where it is requested by e-mail or letter, not by phone where they could just give it to you there and then (as has happened in the past for me with other providers).
  • HardTimes_2
    Options
    Hi – just looking at taking advantage of this sky deal and moving away from TalkTalk…

1) I notice that the MSE special linked page contains “By continuing you are agreeing to hear from Sky by e-mail, post or phone and we may use your information to contact you about products and services that we think you'd like.” Can you opt out of this spam on further pages … or is this the price we have to pay for the extra £92 voucher… in which case is it better to forgo the £92 and go via a cashback site?

2) I see the router is compulsory… I accept I will have to pay the p&p for a sky one but can I then still go on to use my own router regardless (I’ve seen on the web that some customers (ex O2/Be) seem to be able to use their own?

3) Can I verify, sky do not / can not block access to cheaper calls via 08081-703703 (the 18185 access)

Thanks for your help to any of the above
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure